when he entered the game in the third quarter. He wa | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jul 28 '19
WINNIPEG -- Max Hall is quick study. Cheap Yeezys Real . Hes a CFL rookie but it hasnt taken the former NFL player long to understand the importance of the quarterback in Canadian football as he tries to crack the Winnipeg Blue Bombers roster as a backup to starter Buck Pierce. "Im not saying hes not important in the NFL because he obviously is," Hall said Thursday. "But theres a little more emphasis on him in the CFL." The former BYU star played six games for the NFLs Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted free agent in 2010 but spent last season coaching at his alma mater. But thats also where Bombers offensive co-ordinator Gary Crowton coached from 2001-2004. Hall said his biggest adjustment in Canadian football is dealing with one less down. "The key is having three downs instead of four, thats the biggest difference," Hall said. "Now you dont have that one down in there to have an incomplete pass or to get stuffed on a run. "Every single down you need to get positive yards and you need to put yourself in a situation on second down to convert. Thats the biggest difference and thats why you must have a quarterback whos smart, who can take of the football and go to the right spot." Both Hall and Chase Clement, the other new quarterback at rookie camp this week, believe they have what it takes to play in the CFL. The Bombers are giving Hall and Clement as well as current backup Justin Goltz plenty of chances to prove themselves. Coach Tim Burke says all are getting equal time in practice. But that will change Sunday when training camp opens and Pierce and Goltz will likely start to get more reps as the team focuses on game preparations. Winnipegs first exhibition game is June 12 at home to Toronto before the club opens the CFL season June 27 at Investors Group Field, its new stadium, facing the Montreal Alouettes. Hall, 27, and Clement, 26, were signed after the Bombers released backups Alex Brink and Joey Elliott. Neither Brink nor Elliott impressed last season when they took over after Pierce went down with a series of injuries. The Bombers have decided to go with Pierce as their starter again. But finding a solid backup is a top priority given Pierces injury record. Goltz, entering his fourth CFL season, looks like a good bet as the only veteran backup left. But nothing is carved in stone and both Hall and Clement are eager to get back on the field and start playing again. "I had a great opportunity with the Cardinals, it didnt last as long as I wanted it to, but I have a great opportunity here," said Hall. Clement is giving the CFL another shot after making a quick trip to Hamilton in 2009 and leaving after one practice. His main post-college experience was with the United Football League where he led the Las Vegas Locomotives to a championship in 2010. "Ive had a lot of success in college and a lot of success in professional football," Clement said. "I feel like Im very much comparable to anybody in this league." Burke is pleased with the progress both have shown in the short time hes had them. "I think theyre both doing a really good job," he said. "Theyre both learning the system, which is good. "I think theyre both making good throws. Theyre accurate. When they havent been its just because they didnt make a quick enough decision." Burke also said both newcomers are picking up the Canadian game. "I think theyve adapted to the offensive part of it, which is the motion and all that," he said. "I think its going to take a little bit more time to be able to understand what the defence is doing with all that motion." Wholesale Yeezy Replica . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Wholesale Yeezy Boost .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. http://www.wholesaleyeezy.com/ . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. NEW ORLEANS -- Kansas City coach Andy Reid couldnt complain about the way his new starting quarterback drove the Chiefs down the field. It will be interesting to see how they do for more than one series. Smith led Kansas City for the opening score on his only series, but the Chiefs sputtered after that in a 17-13 loss in the preseason opener for both teams Friday night. "Alex did a nice job all around," Reid said. "The first offence did a nice job. ... After that, we had protection problems on the offensive side." Preston Parker had a pair of touchdown catches in his bid to fill one of New Orleans open receiver spots, helping the Saints come back in the second half, after the starters called it a night. "Preston played exceptionally well with the opportunity he was given," said Saints coach Sean Payton, on the sideline for the first time since his bounty suspension ended last January. Reid, who calls offensive plays, saw all he needed of Smith in the opening drive, which went 80 yards on 14 plays. Jamaal Charles capped it with a 13-yard reception and short TD run. Smith was 7 of 8 for 68 yards against the Saints defence, which was overhauled this off-season by new co-ordinator Rob Ryan. "We all draw them up that way, not that they all turn out that way," Reid said of the first series. "I knew Rob Ryan had spent a lot of time working on their defence, so it was a pretty good challenge there. It was good that we executed the way we did." Drew Brees was 7 of 10 for 65 yards in two series, which produced one field goal. His longest completion went for 22 yards to rookie Kenny Stills, who like Parker is a candidate to replace injured deep threat Joe Morgan as the Saints No. 3 receiver behind Marques Colston and Lance Moore. Parker, a three-year veteran, stood out for at least one preseason game. His first TD, an off-balance catch of Luke McCowns pass to the back of the end zone, tied the game at 10 in the third quarter. His second TD on a quick sideline throw at the goal line made it 17-10. He finished with four catches for 43 yards, including a leaping 33-yard catch. Parker played in only two games last season with Tampa Bay before being cut in September. Two seaasons ago, however, he played in all 16 games for the Buccaneers and had 40 catches for 544 yards and three TDs. Discount Yeezys. "Preston has been around and hes played, and any time you get that kind of experience ... hes going to be more comfortable than some of the other guys," McCown said. "I was excited for Preston." Nick Toon had four catches for 66 yards. Andy Tanner caught three passes for 59 yards. Still, Payton remained somewhat critical of his teams performance. "I just thought it was sloppy," he said. "That kind of burrs at me a little bit because thats a reflection of us as coaches." The Chiefs return game made the Saints kickoff and punt coverage look suspect. The Chiefs had two field goals set up by big returns -- Dexter McClusters 55-yard punt return and Knile Davis 77-yard kickoff return. Former Saints backup QB Chase Daniel took over for Smith on Kansas Citys second drive, which began at the New Orleans 32 after McClusters long return was augmented by a holding call against New Orleans. That led to Ryan Succops 42-yard field goal. Brees first drive stalled quickly. His final drive covered 74 yards in 10 plays, setting up Garrett Hartleys 24-yard field goal. While Ryans new 3-4 defence struggled in its opening series, it allowed Kansas City only 135 yards the rest of the game. "You dont want to say its going to take time to get into the flow," Payton said. "Thats something weve got to be better at." New Orleans defence also produced four sacks, one each by Baraka Atkins, third-round draft choice John Jenkins, undrafted rookie Glenn Foster and cornerback Jabari Greer. The Chiefs struggled to sustain drives with Daniel under centre, and third-stringer Tyler Bray fared no better when he entered the game in the third quarter. He was stripped by Foster and Jay Richardson recovered for New Orleans at midfield. Kansas City got the ball right back, however, when Tysyn Hartman intercepted McCown. McCown, who is competing with Seneca Wallace to back up Brees, was 18 of 28 for 216 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Wallace did not play because of a recent groin injury. Daniel was 6 of 10 for 42 yards and was sacked twice. ' ' ' 
Share: