e line in a scrum. Soon afterward, Koivu converted on a backhand.Game notes It was the first of three meetings this seasone line in a scrum. Soon afterward, Koivu converted on a backhand.Game notes It was the first of three meetings this season | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jul 26 '19
PHILADELPHIA -- Jacob deGrom was dominant after getting extra rest this week. Nick Wittgren Indians Jersey .DeGrom tossed a one-hitter, Curtis Granderson and Asdrubal Cabrera homered and the New York Mets beat the Philadelphia Phillies 5-0 on Sunday.DeGrom (6-4) allowed only a third-inning single to pitcher Zach Eflin and retired 27 of 29 batters. The lanky right-hander struck out seven, walked one and went the distance for the first time in 68 career starts. He hadnt pitched since July 6 because of the All-Star break.You go every five days, thats a lot of throwing, he said. Some time off, resetting helped.DeGrom became the first Mets pitcher to toss a one-hitter since R.A. Dickey against the Orioles on June 18, 2012.Hes gotten a little stronger, manager Terry Collins said of deGrom. You saw better command and his sinker was his best all year. In his last four starts, his velocity has started to creep up.DeGrom retired the first eight batters before Eflin singled up the middle.I knew who got the hit off me, deGrom said with a smile. After that, you want the shutout. I went out there every inning like it was the first inning. It was a lot of fun.Eflin (2-3) allowed five hits and three runs in six innings.I didnt have my best have my best stuff today, but I was able to battle and limit the damage, Eflin said.Granderson drove his 16th homer way out to right-center for a 2-0 lead in the third. Cabreras two-run shot off Andrew Bailey in the eighth was his 13th homer and gave the Mets a 5-0 lead.Juan Lagares gave the Mets a 1-0 lead in the second when he lined a triple to right. DeGrom helped himself with a two-out single in the fifth -- only his second hit in 27 at-bats this season. Jose Reyes followed with an RBI double to left-center to make it 3-0.DeGrom continued his mastery in day games. He is 15-3 with a 1.63 ERA without the bright lights and 14-15 with a 3.19 ERA at night.I was hoping Id have one like this where everything is working, he said.ROSTER MOVEThe Mets called up OF Michael Conforto and optioned OF Brandon Nimmo to Triple-A Las Vegas. Conforto was demoted on June 25 after hitting .148 after May 1. He found his groove in the minors, batting .344 with nine extra-base hits and 15 RBI. Nimmo hit .235 with one homer and four RBI in 16 games.I know I have a lot to work on and I can do that in Triple-A, Nimmo said. I know I can play here. (Being up) gave me confidence I can do it.STATSDeGrom is 4-0 vs. the Phillies and the Mets have won all seven of his starts against them. .... The Mets have 16 homers in six games in Philadelphia. ... Theyre 31-13 in Citizens Bank Park since 2012. ... Phillies 2B Cesar Hernandez is hitless in his last 14 at-bats.STANDINGSThe defending NL champion Mets (49-42) took two of three and maintain hold of a wild-card spot. The Phillies (43-50) are seven games behind.TRAINERS ROOMMets: OF Yoenis Cespedes returned to the lineup after sitting out the first two games to rest his strained right quadriceps.UP NEXTMets: LHP Steven Matz (7-5, 3.38 ERA) opens a three-game series at the Cubs. LHP Jon Lester (9-4, 3.01) goes for Chicago.Phillies: RHP Aaron Nola (5-8, 4.69) starts the opener of a four-game series vs. the Marlins. All-Star RHP Jose Fernandez (11-4, 2.52) pitches for Miami. Manny Ramirez Jersey . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. Carlos Baerga Indians Jersey . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. http://www.indianssale.com/indians-manny-ramirez-jersey/ .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. EDMONTON, Alberta -- Mikko Koivu did it all Sunday night for the Minnesota Wild.The 33-year-old Finn capped a fantastic game by scoring 3:11 into overtime as the Wild edged the Oilers 2-1 and improved to 12-1-0 in their last 13 visits to Edmonton.Mikko Koivu did so many things aside from scoring that winning goal, Minnesota coach Bruce Boudreau said.He was 21-2 on the faceoffs. Ive never seen it that high, that kind of percentage for that kind of number youve taken. Im sure someone has been 26-1 at some point, but not too many people have done that. He was out there every time there was an important faceoff. I thought he controlled the game when he was out there. He was a true leader out there.Charlie Coyle also scored for the Wild (12-8-4), who snapped a three-game skid. Devan Dubnyk made 28 saves and improved to 7-1-0 against the Oilers, his first NHL team.Patrick Maroon had the goal for the Oilers (14-10-3), who had won two straight.For us to scratch and claw and get a point, I dont want to say were satisfied, but it was good to get that, Edmonton coach Todd McLellan said. I didnt think we had the energy level and polish that we needed to beat a good defensive team tonight.Edmonton got on the board less than 3 minutes into the game. Dubnyk stopped a point shot by Mark Fayne, but couldnt recover in time to prevent Maroon from scoring his eighth of the season on the rebound.The Wild tied it with 55 seconds to go in the opening period. Coyle was able to muscle in a rebound off Oilers goalie Jonaas Gustavssons skate for his ninth goal this season. Brad Miller Indians Jersey. The shots were tied 23-all after a scoreless second. The best opportunity belonged to Minnesotas Zach Parise, who clanged a shot off the post.The Oilers got a bit of a scare with 6 1/2 minutes remaining in the second when captain and NHL leading scorer Connor McDavid was removed from the game by league concussion spotters after hitting his chin on the ice following a trip by Wild defenseman Jared Spurgeon.McDavid, however, returned for the start of a scoreless third.I was pretty shocked, to be honest, McDavid said of his removal.I hit my mouth on the ice. You reach up and grab your mouth when you get hit in the mouth; its a pretty normal thing. Obviously the spotter thought he knew how I was feeling. He pulled me off. A (rotten) time of the game, too.Minnesota nearly scored midway through overtime, but a review confirmed the whistle had blown before the puck was pushed across the line in a scrum. Soon afterward, Koivu converted on a backhand.Game notes It was the first of three meetings this season between the teams. They play again Friday in Minnesota. ... Gustavsson, who stopped 31 shots, made his third start of the season in net for the Oilers. Cam Talbot has made 24 starts.UP NEXTThe Wild complete a five-game trip in Toronto on Wednesday.The Oilers begin a three-game road swing in Buffalo on Tuesday. ' ' ' 
Share: