interview with Tony Pulis on Soccer Saturday from 12noon o | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jul 18 '19
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. Dragan Bender Suns Jersey . -- Maurice Jones-Drews first carry in more than nine months barely got beyond the line of scrimmage. It was a huge gain for the Jacksonville Jaguars, though. Jones-Drew completed his first workout with the team since a season-ending foot injury in October. He competed without setbacks, without pain and without apprehension -- all positive signs for the three-time Pro Bowler and for the rebuilding Jaguars. "It just feels comfortable making those cuts and knowing theres no pain in the foot, ankle, whatever," Jones-Drew said. "Not running for eight months, its like, Can I still do it? But Ive been playing football for 20 years and its just natural." The bigger test will be seeing how his left foot feels after a couple days, maybe even a few weeks. "The main thing for me is just getting back to where I can carry the ball 20 or 25 times a game," he added. "Obviously, right now, I feel like I can do it. But its different when youre getting the ball play after play after play." Jones-Drew got about a dozen repetitions with the first-team offence Friday. His best play was his last, when he caught a pass and reached full stride before getting touched down. "I feel like I had a little burst," he said. "I feel like I did some old stuff. I just want to continue that and continue on that track." Jones-Drew injured his foot on the first play of a 26-23 loss at Oakland on Oct. 21. It turned out to be a Lisfranc injury, a dislocation or fracture of bones in his left midfoot. He tried rehabbing with rest, but doctors eventually decided he needed surgery. He had surgery in December, missed all of off-season drills and was unsure whether he would be cleared for the start of camp. But team doctors gave him the green light earlier this week, and he was in the backfield for the first snap Friday. "We have a plan for Maurice, to see him make some cuts and see him go through the line and catch some balls and things like that in practice," coach Gus Bradley said. "Hes right where we thought he would be. Were going to continue to work him and monitor his reps, but well bring him along. It was great to see him back out there. I know he had a lot of excitement. Hes been waiting for this day for a long time." Aside from Jones-Drews return, the practice was one to forget for Jacksonvilles offence. Blaine Gabbert threw two interceptions in 11-on-11 drills, including one that was returned for a touchdown. Chad Henne, who is competing with Gabbert for the starting job, also had an interception returned for a score. "One thing that I was impressed with was just how they did handle a punch," Bradley said. "Some of the interceptions, I think, were missed assignments by receivers, but then there were times where we have to make good decisions. The decisions werent acceptable in our standards. Blaine and Chad both understand that. "Weve got to tighten those things up, and I know some of those things are going to happen. Were going to coach them up and try to eliminate them." The Jaguars opened camp without five players. Receiver Justin Blackmon (groin), receiver Taylor Price (foot) and centre Stephane Milhim (foot) are on the physically unable to perform list, while offensive lineman Mark Asper (knee) and safety Johnathan Cyprien (hamstring) are on the non-football injury list. Several others joined them on the sideline Friday, most of them because of minor cramping. Receiver Jeremy Ebert was the lone injury, banging his head while colliding with a defender near the goal line. Defensive end Jason Babin, who had groin surgery in early June, was on the field in a limited role. So was defensive tackle Roy Miller, who missed much of off-season drills because of knee tendinitis. But all eyes were on Jones-Drew, who has totalled 4,735 yards rushing and 29 touchdowns as the centerpiece of the offence the last four years. "Maurice is a pro," guard Uche Nwaneri said. "Hes been doing this for a while and he knows how to get ready for a football season. We know hes going to play to the best of his ability and hes got to be smart at the same time. But its always good to see 32 on the field -- always good." Grant Hill Suns Jersey . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. Shaquille ONeal Suns Jersey . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. http://www.officialsunsfanstore.com/devin-booker-suns-jersey/ . -- Matt Kuchar and Harris English ran away with the Franklin Templeton Shootout, shooting a 14-under 58 on Sunday in the final-round scramble to break the tournament course record.Tony Pulis still cherishes great memories from his time at Crystal Palace and admits he would have liked the opportunity to stay at the club. Pulis left Palace by mutual consent in August 2014 after nine months in charge, having guided the club to 11th in the Premier League.When he replaced previous manager Ian Holloway, Palace had won one of their opening 11 league games, and Pulis was named manager of the season for his efforts. Now in charge at West Brom, he faces his former club at The Hawthorns on Saturday Night Football, and admits he still holds fond memories of his time in south London. Tony Pulis was named manager of the season for his work at Crystal Palace Palace in the short term was as good as anything you could achieve really, he told Soccer Saturday. It would have been nice to have stayed and taken it on a bit further, because it would have suited me, but it wasnt to be.I have great memories there and it is a great football club. The 3-3 draw against Liverpool was a wonderful night, and I enjoyed a lot of times there. The supporters were wonderful.The amount of times I bump into Palace fans now when Im in London, they seem to be everywhere, and theyre great with me and its nice to leave clubs on good terms.I get on well with Alan Pardew, and it will be a tough game on Saturday because I know the players well. West Brom recorded their first Premier League victory since early January with a 1-0 win over Everton in their last league outing.Salomon Rondons early strike at Goodison Park ended a five-match winless run, with Albion now four places above the relegation zone, and Pulis admits they still need another three wins to ensure survival.Were desperate to get another eight or nine points and that will keep us in the league, he added. The remit from the chairman for the first and second year was to stay in the league because of the financial implications. We have 12 cup finals now. James Morrison, Ben Foster and Jonny Evans have also missed significant periods of time through injury Weve had injuries to James Morrison and Jonny Evans this season, who are big players for us. Leandro Barbosa Jersey. They are very good footballers and they make us play. They can be the difference.But weve been unfortunate with lots of stuff this year. Weve missed Saido Berahino for half the season. You look at Tottenham, if you took Harry Kane out and you took Jamie Vardy from Leicester, its the same with Saido for us.He was one of the main reasons this club stayed in the Premier League last season because his goals really put the club where it is today. To be without that talent for half a season has been a really big miss. Tony Pulis says Saido Berahino has been a big miss for West Brom this season You can add Ben Foster to that, a goalkeeper who was second choice for England, and thats two very important positions for us. But you get on with your job and do it to get the results you need.After their FA Cup defeat to Reading, Pulis appeared to offer no assurances that he plans to stay beyond the summer, but the manager insists the story was blown out of proportion. I made a comment about sitting down with the chairman at the end of the season, as I do every season, and obviously theyve taken it as something that its not, he continued. I understand, theres a story in it and it fills a piece on the back pages.But the chairman has been fantastic. At the beginning of the season there was doubt about the sale of the club, and he was close to selling, but it never happened. He kept in contact with me and we speak every week.Hes been exceptionally honest about what he wants to do with the football club, and thats all I ask for.Watch the full interview with Tony Pulis on Soccer Saturday from 12noon on Sky Sports News HQ. Also See: Arrest made over Brunt incident Title rivals live on Sky Sports Pulis: We must move on Mersons predictions ' ' ' ssion. There is no one I trust more.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' ' 
Share: