tien Gros also impressed on his debut at this venue, producing his fi | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Jul 16 '19
CHICAGO -- Aroldis Chapmans famous fastball wasnt good enough to retire Leonys Martin. Will Harris Youth Jersey.Martin hit a go-ahead, two-run double off new Cubs closer in the eighth inning, lifting the Seattle Mariners over Chicago 4-1 Saturday.We had the right up guy up there. We had the Cuban against the Cuban, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. He has put good swings on velocity all year.Wade Miley (7-8) took a no-hit bid into the seventh inning before allowing Kris Bryants single and Javier Baezs RBI groundout.Jake Arrieta (12-5) walked Mike Zunino and Shawn OMalley starting the eighth, pinch-hitter Luis Sardinas sacrificed against Hector Rondon, and Nori Aoki grounded to third, where Bryant threw out pinch-runner Guillermo Heredia at the plate, a call upheld in one of three home-plate video reviews.Cubs manager Joe Maddon brought in Chapman, hoping he would convert his second four-out save since being acquired from the Yankees.That part of the batting order just yells his name. Thats the whole point, Maddon said. To go through that moment and hes available and to not utilize him and then lose the game, I would have been really upset with myself.Chapman allowed Martins double to left-center on a 99.6 mph pitch, which put Seattle ahead 2-1.I tried to swing at a strike, a choke swing, and he threw me a strike, said Martin, who added he faced Chapman once before a long time ago in Cuba.Martin stole third and scored on Chapmans wild pitch. It was a low point in an uneven debut week in Chicago that included a save against the White Sox and an awkward interview about the domestic violence case that led to a 29-game suspension.Its not my favorite thing to do, but thats my job and its the managers decision, Chapman said through a translator of coming on in the eighth. Im ready to do anything.Seattle added a run in the ninth when shortstop Addison Russell threw high to first on Chris Iannettas two-out grounder, allowing Franklin Gutierrez to score from third.Edwin Diaz struck out pinch-hitter Anthony Rizzo and Dexter Fowler with two on to end the eighth. Steve Cishek worked around a hit in the ninth for his 25th save in 30 tries. Chicago had won its previous three games.Miley allowed one hit over seven innings with a season-high nine strikeouts. He had lost his previous six starts since beating Cleveland on June 7.I tried not to think about it, Miley said of the potential no-hitter. The guys in the dugout were getting farther and farther away from me, and I didnt like that at all.Arrieta (12-5) allowed two runs, two hits and three walks in seven-plus innings with four strikeouts. He fell to 0-3 with a 4.88 ERA in five starts during July.Fowler initially was called out by plate umpire Lance Barrett on Baezs grounder, but the call was overturned in a video review.Chicago had a second run off Miley wiped out by replay when Bryant, trying to steal home on a pickoff throw to first, was thrown out at the plate in the seventh.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: RHP Nathan Karns (lower back strain) went on the 15-day disabled list, a day after he allowed five runs during a two-inning relief appearance. RHP Cody Martin was recalled from Triple-A Tacoma. ... RHP Taijuan Walker (foot) is scheduled to throw five innings Monday in a rehab start for Tacoma.UP NEXTMariners ace Felix Hernandez (5-4) is to start the series finale Sunday night against LHP Brian Matusz, who will be called up from Triple-A Iowa. That will give Kyle Hendricks and the rest of the rotation an extra days rest. Maddon said RHP Justin Grimm will be optioned to Iowa. Jahlani Tavai Youth Jersey. A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. T.J. Hockenson Womens Jersey. According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. http://www.authenticnfllionslockroom.com/...Harris-Elite-Jersey/. Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Rafa Cabrera Bello continued his impressive 2016 form as he opened up a one-shot lead after the first round of the UBS Hong Kong Open.The Spaniard, who made his Ryder Cup debut this year, has not missed a single cut and finished eighth in the Race to Dubai. His hot streak showed no signs of stopping in the European Tours final event of the calendar year, the 32-year-old carding a six-under par 64 to top the leaderboard.Having already managed four birdies at Hong Kong Golf Club, he finished his first 18 holes in style with a stunning eagle on the 10th, pitching his approach just past the hole and spinning it back in.That was nice. I had perfect distance, hit a really good shot and was surprised to see it go in, Cabrera Bello told the European Tours official website. But I had never really finished a round like that and it felt nice.I played reallly smart today, made very little mistakes. Marvin Jones Jr Womens Jersey. . I hit every green, didnt get myself in trouble off the tee. I was in control of the round all day and putted nicely too, so it was nice work out there.Sebastien Gros also impressed on his debut at this venue, producing his fifth birdie on his final hole to sign off for a five-under par 65 and close the gap on Cabrera Bello.One shot behind the Frenchman is a group of 10 players that includes 2016 Challenge Tour winner Jordan Smith and Peter Uihlein, the latter making his return from injury.Defending champion Justin Rose, who has recently struggled with a back problem, carded a level-par 70, while fellow Englishmen Ian Poulter and Danny Willett sit on two under. ' ' '
Share: