Mariota was trying to throw to him before fumbling and said the quarterback might be taking too much of the blame for the teams offensive struggles.He only | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Jul 15 '19
OAKLAND, Calif. Nike NFL Jerseys China. -- Trevor Bauer paced slowly off the mound after a disastrous second inning, one position player after the next passing him on his way back to the Cleveland Indians dugout.Moments earlier, a bad inning turned into a disastrous one when first baseman Carlos Santana lost what would have been an inning-ending popup in the sun that went for a two-run error.The five-run inning turned out to be the difference as Kendall Graveman pitched into the seventh inning to become Oaklands first 10-game-winner this season, and the Athletics beat the Indians 5-1 on Wednesday to win the series.Khris Davis tripled and scored as part of Oaklands five-run second inning off Bauer (9-6).The inning was especially frustrating because for the most part, Bauer felt he executed his pitches.Two of the hits were broken-bat hits on balls that werent even remotely close to being strikes, Bauer said. Its like, you try to get them to chase out of the (strike) zone and they turn into hits. You just try to execute pitches and keep going.The As had already scored three runs in the inning when Santana lost Danny Valencias infield popup.I thought I was out of it, Bauer said. I tried to minimize and it didnt work out so, I tried to go out there and keep throwing innings after that, unfortunately we werent able to come back today. Weve done that a lot lately.Santanas error followed a diving play that robbed Brett Eibner of a hit earlier in the inning.Things happen in baseball, Santana said. I made the (diving) play and then the popup. The way I think about now, tomorrow is a new day.Bauer gave up nine hits over 6 2/3 innings. After striking out a career-high 13 in his last start, he fanned three.I will say, to his credit, when it looks like its going to be an `unload the bullpen day, he stayed out there going into the seventh inning, Indians manager Terry Francona said. I give him credit for that because sometimes you dont see a guy pitch that deep after that kind of an inning.Roberto Perez homered while Jose Ramirez and Lonnie Chisenhall had two hits apiece for Cleveland.An As team in disarray going into the series took two of three games from the AL Central leaders, who had swept a three-game set from Oakland in July.They just flat out beat us this series with some good pitching, Indians designated hitter Mike Napoli said. We just couldnt get anything going.Cleveland went into the day with the best record in the American League, but was held to one run for the third consecutive game while being outscored 14-3 in the series.Hopefully we just had like three days of amnesia, Francona said.I think those things happen. Not fun when it does, but it happens. Fortunately we won one game 1-0, but we have to give them some credit. They did a number on us. Its not always one thing.Graveman (10-8) allowed six hits in 6 2/3 innings and won for the ninth time in his last 11 decisions.Mark Rzepczynski, Ryan Dull and Ryan Madson combined to retire the final seven batters.To hold a team and a lineup like that to a couple runs ... its fun to watch, Graveman said. Guys are starting to step up and do some good things in big situations.Ryon Healy, Max Muncy and Chad Pinder drove in runs for Oakland in the second inning.Its been kind of a theme for us this year, As manager Bob Melvin said. I cant figure it out. Theres certain days and certain series that we can move the line offensively. We just dont do it consistently enough.PERFECTLY PLACEDPerez homered with two outs in the seventh. The ball hit off the top of the wall in right field and bounced right back into Valencias glove. Umpires initially ruled it a hit, then changed it to a home run -- Perezs first of the season -- after going to replay.That particular part of the fence, behind it, its out of play, so Im guessing thats what they were calling, Melvin said. Its the only place in the ballpark where you have that metal piece behind it, and it ended up affecting us.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Josh Tomlin (11-7) pitches the opener in Texas on Thursday. He was roughed up for eight runs in 3 2/3 innings the last time he faced the Rangers on May 30. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China. But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys. Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. http://www.cheapchinajerseysnfls.com/. William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- An unnecessary roughness penalty for a blindside hit wiped out Marcus Mariotas interception. The Titans quarterback managed to fall on the ball after simply dropping it on handoff.His third mistake counted and couldnt have been more costly Sunday.Mariota fumbled when sacked, and Robert Mathis picked up the ball and ran 14 yards for the clinching touchdown in a 34-26 loss to the Indianapolis Colts . This latest loss leaves the 2014 Heisman Trophy winner and No. 2 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft just 2-8 on his home field for his career with his latest turnover bringing that total to 19: six fumbles and 13 interceptions.Tennessee coach Mike Mularkey said the key is protecting the ball better.Thats one of the things we have to stop doing, Mularkey said.The Titans (3-4) trailed 27-23 when they got the ball at their own 25 with 1:55 left and a timeout. A perfect moment for Mariota to follow up his winning performance of a week ago against Cleveland.On the first play, T.Y. McGill came through the Titans line where Brian Schwenke replaced starting left guard Quinton Spain, who was carted off the field in the second quarter. McGill stripped Mariota of the ball , which Mathis grabbed for the easy TD with 1:47 left.I was trying to step up in the pocket and make a throw to the left, Mariota said. They moved from the pressure, probably could have moved away from it. It was one of those things that was kind of perfect timing for him. I was separating my hands to throw the football. He just kind of poked at it and ended up knocking it out.Josh McNarys hit on Titans tight end Delanie Walker wiped out Patrick Robinsons interception late in the third quarter, and Mariota later dropped the ball in the same drive for a 9-yard loss to end the quarter. But Mariota capped the drivve with a TD pass. China Jerseys Authentic. Mariota finished throwing for 232 yards and two touchdowns. But the Titans quarterback was streaky, opening the game completing his first five passes with the last a 10-yard TD pass to left tackle Taylor Lewan. Then he missed five of his next six passes, throwing too high. He sailed a pass to Andre Johnson on third-and-1 in the second quarter.The quarterback took the blame, noting he also missed Rishard Matthews on a deep pass down the field.Again, that really was on me, Mariota said. I mean I just missed throws in the pass game, especially on third down. We cant be missing those opportunities. Weve got to continue to move the chains, allow us to either score points or pin them deep.Mariota completed passes to seven different receivers counting Lewan.Tight end Delanie Walker, who caught a 7-yard TD pass that tied the game at 20 early in the fourth quarter, thinks Mariota was trying to throw to him before fumbling and said the quarterback might be taking too much of the blame for the teams offensive struggles.He only plays one position, Walker said. We all go to do our part.With the loss, the Titans missed a chance yet at their longest winning streak since 2011. They wrap up a three-game home stand Thursday night hosting Jacksonville and still searching for both ball security and offensive consistency with the second-year quarterback.With what happened (Sunday), guys are hungry to get back on the field, Mariota said. Its an opportunity to get back on track and get rolling again.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/AP-NFLFollow Teresa M. Walker at www.twitter.com/teresamwalker ' ' '
Share: