For years they’ve bounced around the 8-8 mark in obscurity | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
zhangzk
zhangzk Jun 29 '19

The Miami Dolphins lack an identity http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-kyle-long-jersey , but is that really a bad thing? What is there to say about the Miami Dolphins?  with an occasional forgettable down year and a less-occasional but equally-forgettable wild card loss. Who are their stars? Ndamukong Suh, Jarvis Landry, and Dan Marino, right?Seriously, looking through their roster, the only names that stand out are Reshad Jones, late-2017 breakout corner back Xavien Howard, rookie safety Minkah Fitzpatrick, and...I’d say Cameron Wake but he’s about old enough to start needing screening colonoscopies. Their offensive stars? According to my Madden 19 franchise mode, their top two offensive players are injured Bears-castoff Josh Sitton, and Patriots leftover Danny Amendola.I’m not sure what to think of when the Dolphins are mentioned. Maybe a history of overspending on free agents? I’d say having a pool in their stadium Womens Tom Waddle Jersey , but I’m not sure if that’s a different Florida team or all of the Florida teams.Analysts will tell you time and again that a team needs an identity. They will suggest to you that a team cannot succeed without one, and perhaps they aren’t even worth discussing without one. I’ve always been suspicious that it’s not the teams that need identities, it’s the analysts that need the teams to have identities. It’s much harder to whip up a steaming hot take on a team without a handy identity to latch onto, and it’s much harder to predict how a game is going to go when a team is inconsistent in its strengths and strategies.The latter, I believe, is actually a competitive advantage. I also believe the Dolphins are a perfect demonstration of that. Adam Gase has his weaknesses as a coach, but he’s been one of the more flexible and versatile game-planners since taking over as the ‘Phins head coach, and I’m not going out on a limb to say they’ve outperformed their below-average roster.Their 2018 roster shows an adequate amount of depth but only a couple off-and-on difference-makers at the top. They started their season 3 and 0, lost to angry Patriots at home, then dominated an underrated Bengals team for three quarters before shooting themselves in multiple fins in the 4th. That’s better than their roster would suggest.Since it’s easiest to quantify, let’s take a look at the offensive strategy of their three wins at its simplest level—the run pass ratio. In week one against the Titans—a team who ranks 5th in total passing defense and 26th in rushing—the Dolphins tossed the rock a relatively low 49% of plays. Against a Jets team loaded in the secondary and weak at linebacker, the Dolphins passed a radically-low 42.6% of the time. The next week against the Raiders Sam Acho Jersey , a team with an all-around bad defense, but a particularly dilapidated secondary and no pass rush to speak of (that coach still can’t seem to figure out why) the Dolphins passed on a whopping 63.2% of plays.Perhaps the Dolphins do have an identity? Perhaps rag-tag crew of versatile job-doers who aren’t afraid to mold themselves to the task at hand is their identity. If that’s the case, you could do worse. You could be, like, the team with Aaron Rodgers and a bunch of scrubs named after a boring task. Now that I think of it, the Dolphins identity doesn’t seem too different from the Patriots if you remove the elite talent. Perhaps two games a year is starting to rub off on them.What does that mean we’ll see from the Dolphin’s against the Bears? It’s hard to say how to play for a team that’s 1st against the run and 2nd against the pass. My guess is they desperately try to get the ball out quick and hope for one Biscuit back after week Four’s hundred-biscuits forward. BEAR DOWN, CHICAGO BEARS, BEAR DOWN!!!!BEARRRSSSS2019 NFL Draft: Chicago Bears add Senior Bowl OT in latest mock draft - Bears Wire - The Chicago Bears add an intriguing Senior Bowl offensive..."Being who you thought we were since 2005!Log In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsBearsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Latest NewsThe Bears DenNotesXs and OsSuperfansBreaking News:The Bears' 2019 Draft class is complete!脳The Bear’s Den, January 29. 2019New,54commentsCSTShareTweetShareShareThe Bear’s Den, January 29. 2019Chicago Bears mascot Staley performs during the Pro Bowl Skills Challenge at ESPN Wide World of Sports ComplexKirby Lee-USA TODAY SportsBEAR DOWN, CHICAGO BEARS http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-devin-hester-jersey , BEAR DOWN!!!!BEARRRSSSS2019 NFL Draft: Chicago Bears add Senior Bowl OT in latest mock draft - Bears Wire - The Chicago Bears add an intriguing Senior Bowl offensive tackle in the Draft Wire’s latest 2019 NFL mock draftLeGere’s Bears in review: Hicks’ two-way play was key to defensive line’s success - Akiem Hicks’ two-way play was the key to the Bears’ defensive line in 2018.Mayer: Colts’ Nelson credits his success to Hiestand - Sun Times - Voted to the Pro Bowl as a rookie, Indianapolis Colts guard Quenton Nelson lauded Bears offensive line coach Harry Hiestand—Nelson’s position coach at Notre Dame—as “the best coach I’ve ever had.”Medina: The Self-Proclaimed “Best Corner in the Draft” Believes He Had Good Connection with the Bears - Bleacher Nation - Confidence. Coverage skills. A willingness to tackle. Kentucky’s Lonnie Johnson Jr. has it all, and he felt good after meeting the Bears at the Senior Bowl.Hughes: Audibles From the Long Snapper: Massie Extends, McCaskey Speaks, Jahns Writes & Bear Movies! - Da Bears Blog - Here’s what I know about the Massie deal:Emma: What’s Next In Bears’ Offseason? - 670 The Score - The Bears address one need by re-signing offensive tackle Bobby Massie.5@5: What’s Next Priority For Bears? - 670 The Score - The Mully & Haugh crew debates a five-pack of questions every weekday.Biggs: Akiem Hicks powers the Bears' best position group - and this year, he finally earned the recognition he deserved - Chicago Tribune - In the sixth installment of an 11-part review of the 2018 season, Brad Biggs examines the best position group on the roster — the defensive line. Akiem Hicks finally got the Pro Bowl selection he's deserved. Eddie Goldman is a force in the middle and the team has emerging contributors.Haugh: Bears' 1st few steps of the offseason were positive. They need to stay headed in the right direction by passing on Kareem Hunt - Chicago Tribune - The Bears have begun the process of legitimizing themselves as NFC championship contenders. In successive days at Halas Hall last week, they introduced the right defensive coordinator, looked ready to fire the wrong kicker and paid a high price for stability along the offensive line.POLISH SAUSAGENFL inches toward a public acknowledgement of error in Rams-Saints – ProFootballTalk - The NFL has yet to publicly acknowledge the blown call late in the fourth quarter of last Sunday’s Rams-Saints game. The NFL has come dangerously close to making that concession in court papers filed over the weekend.Eight million viewers watch Pro Bowl . . . for some reason – ProFootballTalk - The NFL will never end the Pro Bowl, because the same people who complain about the Pro Bowl watch the Pro Bowl. ESPN announced it averaged eight million viewers on ESPN and ABC for Sunday’s game, based on fast nationals. The audience for the game peaked from 5-5:30 p.m.KNOW THY ENEMYAgent: Lions LB Trevor Bates’ family showing ‘deep concern’ over inconsistent behavior - Pride Of Detroit - Trevor Bates remains hospitalized undergoing mental health evaluations.2019 NFL mock draft: SB Nation’s Dan Kadar presents worst-case scenario for Detroit Lions - Pride Of Detroit - The top of the draft may be defense-heavy, which would be bad news for the Lions.Anthony Barr declares free agency options “open” - Daily Norseman - He spoke to TMZ a few days agoCutting Jordy Nelson was right call for Packers; the error was overpaying for Jimmy Graham - Acme Packing Company - Green Bay angered much of the fanbase (and Aaron Rodgers) by releasing Jordy Nelson. But that wasn’t the mistake. Replacing him with the expensive and under performing Jimmy Graham was.Packers’ 2018 QB Acquisitions: DeShone Kizer failed to impress as Aaron Rodgers’ backup - Acme Packing Company - Kizer only got brief chances to play in the regular season Womens Danny Trevathan Jersey , but when he did the results were unpleasant.Packers 2018 Roster Grades, QBs: Aaron Rodgers’ struggles were due to numerous factors - Acme Packing Company - The future Hall of Famer wasn’t himself in 2018, a big reason why the only NFL head coach he’s ever known is now unemployed.IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ON WINDY CITY GRIDIRONLeming: Grading the 2018 Chicago Bears season - Windy City Gridiron - The season may have ended in heartbreak for most fans, but make no mistake, 2018 was a big step in the right direction.Schmitz' Bear With Me: Bears’ 2019 Breakout Players, Bobby Massie’s new extension, and the Pro Bowl - Windy City Gridiron - You asked, I delivered! On the latest episode of Bear With Me, Robert S. projects four players he thinks are primed for a breakout year in 2019. He also discusses Bobby Massie’s newly signed extension and the good, bad, and ugly of the Pro Bowl.Wiltfong: Chicago Bears win the 2018 Fantasy Award for Best Defense - Windy City Gridiron - For all you fantasy football players, when was the last time the Chicago Bears had a must-start each and every week regardless of the match-up?WCG CONTRIBUTORS BEARS PODCASTS & STREAMS2 Minute Drill - Website - iTunes - Andrew Link; Steven’s Streaming – Twitch – Steven Schweickert; T-Formation Conversation - Website - iTunes - Lester Wiltfong Cody Whitehair Jersey , Jr.; WCG Radio - Website - iTunes - Robert ZeglinskiTHE RULESWindy City Gridiron Community Guidelines - SBNation.com - We strive to make our communities open and inclusive to sports fans of all backgrounds. The following is not permitted in comments. No personal attacks, politics, gender based insults of any kind, racial insults, etc.The Bear’s Den Specific Guidelines – The Bear’s Den is a place for Chicago Bears fans to discuss Chicago Bears football, related NFL stories, and general football talk. It is NOT a place to discuss religion or politics or post political pictures or memes. Unless otherwise stated, the Den is not an open thread, and profanity (including profanity only stated in pictures) is prohibited.Click on our names to follow us on Twitter:WCG Contributors: Jeff Berckes; Patti Curl; Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter;Kev H; Sam Householder; Jacob Infante; Aaron Lemming; Ken Mitchell; Steven Schweickert; Jack Silverstein; EJ Snyder; Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; Whiskey Ranger; Robert Zeglinski; Like us on Facebook.

Share: