If you listen to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
zhangzk
zhangzk Jun 27 '19

RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsFree agent quarterbacks are a bad investment Marqise Lee Jerseys 2019 , historicallyNew,264commentsESTShareTweetShareShareFree agent quarterbacks are a bad investment, historicallyRobert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sportsin the market for Foles, was willing to pay to get the signal caller. it sounds like it’s going to be more than $20 million per season on average.Hopefully for the Jaguars that’s just a bit of banter by Foles’ agent in hopes to squeeze out a little bit more money from the Jaguars prior to the deal being finalized, else it would seem like the Jaguars outbid themselves considering the likes of Peter King reported they’re basically the only team interested.Taking the swing at Foles is understandable for a team with arguably the NFL’s best defense who was a breath away from the Super Bowl two years ago, but it’s also worrisome taking the swing if you consider the history of how NFL free agent quarterbacks have fared.Success list is slimThe list of successful quarterbacks signed in free agency since the 2000 NFL season are Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Brett Favre. That’s it.I went back to the 2000 NFL offseason and took a look at each quarterback who was signed to a multi-year deal, meaning I didn’t count obvious one-year starter deals, and their overall record with the team that signed them and the results are... not great!Free Agent Starting Quarterbacks Since 2000As I mentioned before, unless a good quarterback who has a big injury concern like Drew Brees or a future hall famer hits the market, it ends up being a losing proposition. The main reason for that is teams do not let good quarterbacks hit the open market. Generally someone will trade for them or they’ll simply just keep them. It’s very rare that an actual good quarterback hits the open market and generally when they do it’s because they’re right in that range of good enough to be a full time starter but not good enough to commit to full time, like Kirk Cousins. Even the Brett Favre signing for the Vikings had them barely over .500 and he was just 1-1 in the playoffs. There is no denying that Nick Foles is the best of the free agent crop of quarterbacks Black Abry Jones Jerseys , even the ones who could be available via a trade, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to work out or that he will replicate his success in Philadelphia.It will be interesting to see what else the Jaguars will do on the offensive side of the football now that it seems Foles is in the fold, because just simply inserting Nick Foles isn’t going to fix their issues. Tom Coughlin is disappointed that Leonard Fournette and T.J. Yeldon sat on the bench and crossed their arms. WELL WE’RE DISAPPOINTED TOO, TOM."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsJaguars Fans Anonymous: “I’m disappointed that we sunk a top 5 pick into a bald headed Toby Gerhart with a beard.”New,90commentsTom Coughlin is disappointed that Leonard Fournette and T.J. Yeldon sat on the bench and crossed their arms. WELL WE’RE DISAPPOINTED TOO, TOM.ByRyan Day@ryaneatscakeDec 31, 2018,2:07pm ESTShareTweetShareShareJaguars Fans Anonymous: “I’m disappointed that we sunk a top 5 pick into a bald headed Toby Gerhart with a beard.”Good morning, everyone! Tom Coughlin aired out some dirty laundry in public yesterday when Leonard Fournette and T.J. Yeldon... uh...*squints*Sat quietly on the team bench and crossed their arms?Well guess what, Tom? We’re pretty disappointed too! You’ve crammed teal buns and a three-hour stadium entrance procedure and BLAKE F*CKING BORTLES down our throats and we have some grievances to air as well.So... without further ado — BRING US YOUR RANTS!Jon Kurland (@BCBCouch)“I imagine I’ll be echoing the sentiments of most folks, but my biggest disappointment is the lack of accountability within this organization. It started with nobody holding certain players accountable for acting like jackasses over the summer, and allowing this team to buy into their own BS all offseason. It then apexed with the handling of Bortles and the abortion that was the final half of the season. How did the owner respond? By keeping everyone who allowed it all to happen. Only the Jaguars could turn a perceived Super Bowl contender, into a lost franchise in three months.”Filip Prus (@JaxonFil)Honestly Abry Jones Jerseys 2019 , most disappointed in Leonard Fournette. And I don’t even care about the behavior issues and disinterest, although those aren’t ideal.Fournette has played poorly this year. It’s as simple as that. On top of that, he wasn’t the the transcendent top five overall draft pick NFL draft pick last year as a rookie, either. He’s nowhere near the stratosphere of Ezekiel Elliott, Saquon Barkley, Todd Gurley, Christian McCaffrey, etc. and if you think he is, you’re living in the Bird Box.If a person came down from a rocket ship from another planet and watched all the running backs in the NFL this season, Fournette may not crack the top 60. I’m serious. Take away all the context of being a top draft pick and take his name plate off his jersey and all the hype he garnered from his play at LSU, and he’s been average back that has gotten worse this season. When you think of the other players who were available when Fournette was selected, it only compounds the angst. He may very well end up being the biggest bust in NFL history, and for a franchise shrouded in perpetual ineptitude Black Corey Grant Jerseys , this is striking.Ryan O’Bleness (@ryanobleness)“I’m not sure where to start. I think the easiest way to say it is that I am most disappointed with how far off this team was from meeting expectations. Not that they didn’t reach them, but the fact that the team wasn’t even close. This was the first year in at least 10 years where the organization itself and the fans alike actually had Super Bowl aspirations. And after a promising 3-1 start, the fall from grace was fast and furious. The NFL has so much parity that it was never a sure thing the Jags would win the division or make the playoffs again, but the fact that the team was not even competitive for the majority of the last 12 weeks of the season was simply disheartening. There were so many issues -- injuries, quarterback play, discipline, coaching, etc... The 2018 season was not supposed to go this way. On another note, I am shocked the Jaguars are bringing back Dave Caldwell. This is the wrong move.”Brian Fullford (@iambwf)“So many choices. I’m disappointed in a segment of the fan base that continues to think Bortles can be the quarterback to lead this team to the promised land. I must believe they only watched the 2017 season and nothing else. Yo make us all look bad. It’s enough that some, like me, held onto blind hope that this guy had a higher ceiling, but the lot of you actually contend he has the skills to be “the guy”. You’re insane and you deserve to be Baker Acted. You should be banned from all social media, your closet stripped of all Jaguars merchandise Corey Grant Jerseys 2019 , and your faces on a wall of shame within the stadium. Right beside Khan, Coughlin, Bradley, Marrone, Bortles, Fournette, Smith...”-------------------If you have anything to say, feel free to DM us at @BigCatCountry. We’re always open.

Share: