Taven Bryan’s first game about what he expected | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
zhangzk
zhangzk Jun 24 '19

The Jacksonville Jaguars had a few players make their debut in Saturday’s third preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons. One of which was their first round pick Black Justin Blackmon Jerseys , defensive lineman Taven Bryan, who had missed the first two games with an abdominal strain. By all accounts Bryan had looked the part in the offseason and training camp, showing off his strength and athleticism, so many fans were eager to see him in a live game.“I just wanted to come out and feel the speed of the game and knocking off the rust was probably the biggest thing for me,” Bryan said after the game when asked how it felt to play his first snaps. “Obviously, I missed a couple of games but knocking that dust off was really good and getting a feel for the game, we’ll have some tape tonight and I’ll see what I need to fix and where I need to go from here.” Overall Bryan had a solid Justin Blackmon Jerseys 2019 , but uneventful game, which is about what was expected. He didn’t look totally lost or out of his element, but you can tell he’s still getting used to playing defensive end. “Just getting used to playing defensive end,” Bryan said when asked if anything threw him through a loop in the game. “I’m more comfortable and used to playing a three technique, so I really enjoy it when I do get a chance to go down there. But I definitely need to get used to playing end.”Bryan had a couple of decent rushes and flashed the power everyone knew he had, pushing back some offensive lineman. He also flashed his athleticism, crashing down the line on the backside of runs and cleaning up/chasing down ball carriers. It would have been nice to see Bryan get more action in the preseason Black Taven Bryan Jerseys , but he looked the part in his limited game action on Saturday evening.“Yes, kind of what I expected,” Bryan said after the game. “One of the biggest things is I go against a great offensive line, so I’m used to it and the guys we have here are pretty stupid good to be honest. And when you go against somebody else you’re kind of used to it with the speed.”The Jaguars are in a bit of a luxury spot in that they don’t need Bryan to be a big time contributor right out of the gate. Especially now with the injury slowing him down, they can afford to really ease him into the lineup and the defensive line rotation. Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Calais Campbell said he is willing to restructure his contract to create more cap space for the team, according to John Reid of Jacksonville.com.″I think it’s..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsCalais Campbell talking with Jaguars about contract restructureNew,17commentsESTShareTweetShareShareCalais Campbell talking with Jaguars about contract restructureJasen Vinlove-USA TODAY SportsJacksonville Jaguars defensive end Calais Campbell said he is willing to restructure his contract to create more cap space for the team Taven Bryan Jerseys 2019 , according to John Reid of Jacksonville.com.″I think it’s more with restructuring with an extension,″ Campbell said after Wednesday’s Pro Bowl. ″That’s the only way to do it and that’s something that was talked about that could possibly happen.″Campbell signed a four-year, $60 million free agent contract in 2017 and will count $14.5 million against the Jaguars’ salary cap in 2019. That’s the fifth highest on the team. If he’s able to restructure and give the team even a little bit more wiggle room it could help them immensely.After two seasons of double-digit sacks, including an All-Pro year of 14.5 sacks in 2017 and a Pro Bowl nod after 10.5 sacks in 2018, Campbell doesn’t have to restructure his contract. He’s definitely lived up to it. But if he restructures it would go a long way towards the team taking advantage of a window that is closing fast on this defense.

Share: