h and centre for Souths during their disappointing 2016 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jun 19 '19
NASHVILLE, Tenn. Youth Clippers Jerseys . -- Kyle Shurmur threw for a career-high 416 yards, and Vanderbilt scored the final 21 points in an upset of No. 17 Tennessee 45-34 Saturday night that erased any doubts the Commodores belong in a bowl.The Commodores (6-6, 3-5 Southeastern Conference) earned a bowl berth for the first time since 2013 thanks to their Academic Progress Rate (APR) score before kickoff. Then they went out and turned in the best offensive performance yet in picking up their sixth win this year and improving coach Derek Masons best record in his third season.Thats the way we wanted it, Mason said. We wanted a victory. At the end of the day, we didnt want to sneak in the back door. We wanted to kick in the door and walk through the front door.Vanderbilt scored its most points against an SEC opponent since scoring 49 against Mississippi State on Sept. 25, 1971. The Commodores outgained Tennessee 608-516 in beating the Vols for the third time in five seasons.Tennessee (8-4, 4-4) led 31-24 at halftime after taking a 21-7 lead to open the game. Then the Commodores held the Vols to a field goal in the second half with Aaron Medley banging a 37-yard field goal off the right upright with 6:46 left.Khari Blasingame scored on a 12-yard TD run late in the third quarter, then Vanderbilt linebacker Zach Cunningham hit and stripped Joshua Dobbs of the ball at the end of the third quarter, forcing Tennessees second turnover of the game. That set up a 3-yard TD run by Darrius Sims with 12:15 left that gave Vanderbilt its first lead of the game at 38-34.Alvin Kamara scored three touchdowns for Tennessee within the first 17 minutes as the Vols jumped out to a 21-7 lead. Dobbs completed his first 11 passes and finished with 31 of 34 for 340 yards passing and two TDs.The Volunteers had been gashed on the ground badly, giving up more than 400 yards in each of the past two games. This time, Shurmur picked them apart with the fifth best passing performance in Vanderbilt history to help the Commodores match Tennessees high-powered offense.Ralph Webb, who became Vandys all-time leading rusher in the second quarter, finished off the scoring with a 28-yard TD run with 4:06 left. Webb finished with 116 yards rushing.THE TAKEAWAYTennessee: The Vols got the fast start they had missed so often this season only to struggle in the second half. They came into this game with a chance at a Sugar Bowl berth needing Auburn to lose to Alabama in the Iron Bowl. That happened. Before they could wait to see if Florida lost to Florida State, the Vols couldnt help themselves by beating Vanderbilt. That leaves them waiting to see just which bowl they will be playing.Vanderbilt: The Commodores already had a road win at Georgia this season, but this easily counts as Masons biggest win yet to quiet questions about their program as they prepare to go bowling.Man, Im so excited for these seniors, he said. You know what, they did this. We did this. People said we couldnt get it done.UP NEXTTennessee: Bowl-bound.Vanderbilt: Bowl-bound. Womens Clippers Jerseys .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. Jerome Robinson Jersey . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. http://www.cheapclippersjerseyschina.com/ . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. Greg Inglis sounded out Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy about a shock return to the Storm before re-signing with South Sydney, the Kangaroos centre has revealed.Rabbitohs skipper Inglis last week recommitted to Souths until the end of 2020.But not before he seriously considered a move back to the Storm or to Brisbane, the club he initially intended to join after exiting Melbourne at the end of 2010 before joining Souths.The 29-year-old Inglis made his NRL debut at the Storm under Bellamy as an 18-year-old and was keen to link with his former mentor.Brisbane was a genuine thought, I even thought about Melbourne, Inglis said.I rang Craig up and had a few chats about heading back down south but I couldnt be happier that my future is settled.Inglis wife Sally gave birth to their second child daughter Quinn Sybella on Monday. The Queensland star said he his familys desire to stay in Sydney held sway.We have two kids now so we had to think about whats best for them, he said.Our oldeest one is two, so by the contract finishes up hell be starting school. Discount Clippers Jerseys. Wed been in talks since coming out of the Origin series. Im glad its finally done and my futures settled for the next four years. I know Ill be in Sydney and my family is happy.Despite an ongoing knee problem he will have to manage until the end of his career, Inglis will stay at fullback for Souths, resisting a move to the centres.He played at fullback, five-eighth and centre for Souths during their disappointing 2016 season.It was one of those years where you could play around with positions, he saidWe never really had concrete spots and that throws the whole side out.Save my legs and knees? I dont think so. Ive got four years left in the game so I want to give it everything Ive got. Id like to be staying at fullback. I think its best for the side and for myself. ' ' ' 
Share: