o keep winning. Watch Pro keep winning. Watch Pr | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jun 19 '19
TORONTO -- Top-ranked Novak Djokovic survived a scare to beat Gilles Muller 7-5, 7-6 (3) on Wednesday in the Rogers Cup, his final event before the Rio Olympics. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic .I actually think that Toronto is a great way for me to prepare for the Olympic Games and whats coming up after that, Djokovic said. But also, you know, I enjoy my time in this tournament that I always love playing.The Serbian star noted that he had extra time off after falling in the third round at Wimbledon. The Rogers Cup rotates between Toronto and Montreal, with the women playing in Montreal this week.I enjoy Canada, both cities, Toronto and Montreal, and the past results in history show that I have a good time on Canadian soil, so I try to get the best out of it, said Djokovic, the tournament winner in 2007, 2011 and 2012.Djokovic struggled against Muller in his first hard-court match since March, both with his serves and his short game. Ultimately, unforced errors were Mullers undoing, with both sets easily in reach of the unseeded player from Luxembourg.Gilles Muller is a very difficult player to play against in quick conditions, Djokovic said. He takes away the time of the opponent. He serves and volleys second serve a lot, as well, which hes one of the rare guys that does that. He likes to play quick, and I think the warm day like today played a lot in his favor.Djokovic will face qualifier Radek Stepanek of the Czech Republic in the third round.Third-seeded Kei Nishikori of Japan downed American Dennis Novikov 6-4, 7-5; and fourth-seeded Milos Raonic of Canada beat Taiwans Lu Yen-hsun 6-3, 6-3.American qualifier Ryan Harrison outlasted ninth-seeded countryman John Isner 7-6 (3), 6-7 (4), 6-4, and 10th-seeded Gael Monfils of France topped Canadas Vasek Pospisil, Canada, 7-6 (6), 6-0. Monfils won the Citi Open on Sunday in Washington. Cheap Jesse Barfield Jersey . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. Cheap Roger Clemens Jersey .J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be good to get back to football after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. http://www.cheapbluejaysjerseys.com/ . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others.Phil Taylor will take on Michael van Gerwen tonight in Rotterdam, so we asked Rod Studd to recall two classic matches between the pair. The Power and Might Mike will renew their rivalry in the Netherlands on Thursday, live on Sky Sports 1, with both men hoping to take top spot in the Premier League. Studd has watched plenty of their past encounters and picks out a career-defining clash and a fantastic fightback. Van Gerwen v Taylor, 2012 Grand Slam of Darts Van Gerwen headed into the match with confidence after a title win in Dublin This match was just after Michael had won the Grand Prix in Ireland, which was the beginning of his renaissance, but at the time we still werent sure whether he would re-emerge as the biggest thing in darts. Taylor had lost a group game and they ended up meeting in the first knockout phase of the competition. Phil was the defending champion and the overwhelming favourite because Van Gerwen had not beaten him for five years. Sky Live: PL Darts night 15 Michael van Gerwen will be have home support when he faces Phil Taylor in Rotterdam It was a high-quality game and went with the throw for the first eight legs, but the middle of the match would prove decisive.Taylor missed the bullseye for a 167 finish in the ninth leg, allowing Van Gerwen to break. He would miss the bull again in the 10th and then the 11th and Van Gerwen punished the latter with a 130 checkout on the bull. Michael said it was maybe the best game of his life and I remember saying: The future of darts has just become the present. Rod Studd That was pretty much it for Van Gerwen, who averaged 108 in a 10-5 win, while Taylor averaged nearly 105.Van Gerwen went on to lose the final to Raymond van Barneveld, but I think everyone knew the baton was going to be passed on from Taylor to Van Gerwen. Michael said it was maybe the best game of his life and I remember saying: The future of darts has just become the present.      Van Gerwen v Taylor, 2013 World Championship final Doubters had suggested that Taylor was on the slide ahead of 2013 final Just under two monthss later, people were starting to question whether Taylor was going to be overtaken by Van Gerwen. Cheap Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys. Both men progressed to the final, where bookmakers were struggling to split the two players, but most pundits believed this was Van Gerwens time.Taylor had those shenanigans with Raymond van Barneveld in the semi-final, which had ended in pushing and shoving. He had a terrible heavy cold and everything seemed to point towards a Van Gerwen win.    It started as most thought it would, with Van Gerwen going 2-0 and then 4-2 up, but he then missed two darts at a double for a commanding 5-2 lead. Taylor fought back to 4-3 and that set turned the match in his favour. Taylor found something from somewhere at 4-2 down and still had that amazing refusal to lose. Rod Studd In the ninth set, Taylor really stepped on the gas. He had a couple of 11-dart finishes. He went in front 5-4 and pulled away to win 6-4, hitting double 16 for his 16th World Championship and probably the greatest of them all.The Sid Waddell trophy, named in honour of our late, great colleague, would be lifted for the first time. Taylor found something from somewhere at 4-2 down and still had that amazing refusal to lose. Phil Taylor faced Michael van Gerwen in the 2013 World Championship final You can never say with any certainty that Phil Taylor will lose a darts match because time and time again he has got that ability to keep winning.     Watch Premier League Darts on Thursday at 7pm, live on Sky Sports 1. Also See: Parts PL Darts predictions WATCH: MVG v Taylor 2013 Taylor: MVG is phenomenal MVG expects goosebumps ' ' ' 
Share: