Pittsburghs Olli Maatta left the ice after taking a puck to the face in the third period. ... | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 18 '17
The Tampa Bay Lightning have traded their leading scorer, Martin St. Mike Glennon Jersey . Louis, to the New York Rangers in exchange for their captain, Ryan Callahan along with a 2015 first-round and a conditional 2014 second-round draft pick. Should the Rangers advance to the 2014 Eastern Conference Final, the 2014 second-rounder would become a first-round pick. In the event Callahan should re-sign with the Lightning, the Rangers would receive Tampa Bays second-round pick at the 2015 NHL Draft while the Lightning would receive the Rangers seventh-round draft pick in 2015. St. Louis had been the Lightnings leader in both goals (29) and points (61) this season prior to being traded. The 38-year-old St. Louis was rumoured to have wanted out of Tampa Bay after being left off the initial Team Canada Olympic roster by Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman. St. Louis was later named to the team as Steven Stamkos injury replacement. "Wed like to thank Marty for everything he has done on and off the ice during his outstanding 13-year career in Tampa Bay," said Yzerman. "He has been one of the greatest players in the organizations history but in the end we honored his request today.  We wish him and his family the best of luck as he continues his career in New York." St. Louis in third season of a four-year deal he signed with the Lightning prior to the 2010-2011 season worth an average annual value of $5.625 million. In 45 games with the Rangers this season, Callahan has scored 11 goals and 14 assists. Eligible for unrestricted free agency at seasons end, Callahan carries a salary cap hit for 2013-14 of $4.275 million. He and the Rangers have been unable to agree on a contract extension, with his salary demands believed to be in excess of $6.5 million per season on a long-term deal. Callahan and the Rangers were about $200,000 per year apart in contract talks before the trade was made with the lack of a no-trade clause apparently a big issue. "We never felt our request for Callahan was without support of other contracts, Dustin Brown, Miku Koivu etc.," said Callahans agent Steve Bartlett. "Also, after Rangers gave permission to talk to other teams, I knew I could get a contract done, so confirmed asking price or term not out of line. Also, as we neared the deadline we made every effort to get closer to their number and agreed to Rangers term of 6 years, we never got a handle on the no trade issue and it would make zero sense to give up UFA to sign and be subject to trade." "The Lightning are very excited to have Ryan Callahan join the organization and help us in our quest to make the playoffs," said Yzerman. "Ryan is an outstanding player and leader who we look forward to seeing on the ice tomorrow night." Originally undrafted, St. Louis has fought his way to a long and productive NHL career, scoring 369 goals and 604 assissts in 1,041 career games with the Lightning and Calgary Flames. A six-time NHL All-Star, St. Louis is the reigning Art Ross Trophy-winner for most points in the 2012-13 NHL season. He has twice won the Art Ross, his previous win coming in the 2003-04 season in which he also won the Hart Memorial Trophy and Lester B. Pearson Awards for Most Valuable Player as voted by the Professional Hockey Writers Association and the NHL players, respectively. St. Louis won a Stanley Cup with the Lightning in 2004 and has won the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy as the NHLs Most Gentlemanly Player in three of the past four NHL seasons. Callahan, 28, is in his eighth NHL season, all with the Rangers. Callahan is a three-time 20-goal scorer with a career-high 29 in 2011-12 when he also set a personal best in points with 61.He has scored 132 goals and 122 assists in 450 career games Selected in the fourth round (127th overall) at the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, Callahan has been selected to represent the United States at two Olympic Games. He was named the Rangers 26th team captain in September of 2011. Jerrell Freeman Jersey . Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Raptors have traded forward Steve Novak along with a second-round pick to the Utah Jazz in exchange for guard Diante Garrett - who will then be waived. Richard Dent Jersey . - The Denver Broncos kept rookie wide receiver Tavarres King from joining the Green Bay Packers by promoting him to their active roster Tuesday. GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conferences worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best. Zbynek Michalek scored against his former team, his first goal in 83 games, and the Coyotes became the first Pacific Division team to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins in regulation this season with a 3-1 victory on Saturday night. Mike Ribeiro had a goal and an assist for Phoenix. Radim Vrbata scored the third goal for the Coyotes, who were coming off perhaps their worst loss of the season, 3-2 at home to the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday night. "I think we had something to prove," Michalek said. "We believed in this room that when we play the right way, we can play against any team. I think tonight was a great effort by everybody." Evgeni Malkin scored for the Penguins, who entered 8-0-1 against Pacific Division foes. Michaleks previous goal was scored on March 5, 2012, for Pittsburgh against Phoenix. "Its been almost two years," he said. "Hopefully I dont have to wait that long for the next one." Michalek acknowledged that he had extra motivation for this one. "For sure," he said. "This one feels good, and for me even sweeter. Anytime you play against your former team, you want to show up, you want to win." The Penguins, who had won three straight over the Coyotes, made their first appearance in Arizona in 3 1-2 years. Mike Smith, back in goal after Phoenix had gone with Thomas Greiss the previous two games, made 23 saves. Pittsburghs Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 27 shots. With just 24 shots, the Penguins offence was off its usual form. "Tonight was a tough-fought game. There wasnt a lot out there," Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said. "Thats the kind of games we expect. We have to be able to play a patient game, not be taking chances with the way we play or the way we play with the puck." Playing in front 17,362, the Coyotes second-largest home crowd this season, Pittsburgh fell behind 2-0. The Penguins made it a one-goal game before Vrrbatas shot on a 2-on-1 rush slipped through Fleury to make it 3-1 with 15:47 to play. Connor Barth Jersey. The Penguins fell to 2-10 in games in which NHL scoring leader Sidney Crosby fails to get a point. "They play good team defence as a group," Crosby said. "I think we didnt make it tough enough on them. We didnt hold the puck in their zone. Theyre pretty good at blocking shots and getting their stick on pucks. "You have to give them credit, but I dont think we did a good enough job of creating, either. I think we could have done more there." Coyotes coach Dave Tippett credited the defence of Oliver Ekman-Larsson against the Crosby line. "Ollie was all-world there," Tippett said. "Thats an unbelievable game by him." Ekman-Larsson called it "a good challenge for me and Z (Michalek)." "I think we did a pretty good job all night," he said. "So it was fun." Ribeiro put Phoenix ahead 1-0 with his 14th goal of the season and 200th of his career. His wrist shot from the left circle got past Fleurys left side and rattled in with 7:18 to play in the opening period. David Schlemnko and Antoine Vermette had assists. Vermette extended his career-high point streak to seven games. Ribeiros goal came just after Pittsburgh killed a penalty. After Pittsburghs prolific power play failed to score, Phoenix made it 2-0 on Michaleks slap shot past Fleury with 9:50 left in the second. Ekman-Larsson and Ribeiro got the assists. The Penguins made it one-goal game when Malkin scored his 16th of the season, from the right side of the net off a pass from James Neal. Jussi Jokinen also got an assist on the goal. NOTES: Pittsburgh is 11-4-1 against the Western Conference. ... The Penguins are 10-13-1 when their opponent scores first. ... Pittsburghs Olli Maatta left the ice after taking a puck to the face in the third period. ... The only other Pacific Division team to beat Pittsburgh was Edmonton 4-3 in OT on Jan. 10. ... The Penguins last played in Arizona in November 2010. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: