m in that at-bat driving in that run, throwing that guy out. We were | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 18 '17
BROOKINGS, S. Nike Air Max Womens 90 White .D. -- Taryn Christion threw for 324 yards and a touchdown and South Dakota State bounced back from a loss to Illinois State to beat Missouri State 49-24 on Saturday.Dallas Goedert caught seven passes for 113 yards and a touchdown, and Jake Wieneke added six grabs for 144 yards for the Jackrabbits (6-3, 5-1 Missouri Valley), the sixth time the duo has simultaneously topped the century mark this season.The game was tight throughout the first half, with South Dakota State holding a slim 21-17 lead at the break.But the Jackrabbits outscored the Bears 21-0 on consecutive rushing touchdowns by Kyle Paris, Brady Mengarelli, and Isaac Wallace.Brodie Lambert threw for 224 yards for Missouri State (4-5, 2-4), including a 91-yard strike to Zac Hoover in the first quarter. Hoover caught three passes for 113 yards. Nike Air Max Womens 90 Green . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. Nike Air Max Womens 90 Red .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. http://www.nikeairmaxwomens90.com/ . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. CHICAGO -- David Ross isnt done just yet. Same for Jon Lester and the rest of the Chicago Cubs.Ross played a starring role as the Cubs stayed alive in the World Series, topping the Indians 3-2 in Game 5 on Sunday. The 39-year-old catcher, who plans to retire after the season, had a superb night behind the plate and delivered a clutch sacrifice fly that helped Chicago to its first Series win at Wrigley Field in 71 years.Ive had a storybook year, honestly, Ross said. There are so many things I can talk about that have happened to me over this year. Thats just another cool one to get the sac fly that puts us ahead and we hold on.He even got a shoutout from Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder, who dedicated Take Me Out to the Ball Game to Ross during the seventh-inning stretch of his final home start. We love you Rossy, Vedder said as the crowd roared. Lets take this show to Cleveland!Everybody was looking at me like, dude, Eddie Vedder just dedicated the whole seventh-inning stretch to you, Ross said, and Im like, my minds blown, Im thinking about being out of the game and hes a quality individual. Hes just a good person, rock star, everybody knows who Eddie Vedder is. He says my name, its a huge compliment.Ross and his good buddy Lester also combined to slow Clevelands attack after the Indians rolled to a 7-2 victory Saturday night. Lester bounced back from a so-so outing in the Series opener, pitching six solid innings to improve to 3-1 with a 1.93 ERA in five postseason starts this year.It was a familiar performance for the left-hander, who helped Boston win the World Series in 2007 and 2013. He was 3-0 in three career starts in the Fall Classic before dropping Game 1 against Cleveland when he was nicked for three runs in 5 2/3 innings.Youre just grinding from pitch one, Lester said. Youre trying to make the perfect pitch every time, and at the same time still be aggressive.Ross Game 5 included a pair of adventures in foul territorry. Nike Air Max Womens 90 Black and White. He had one foul pop go off his glove near the railing of the visitors dugout, but first baseman Anthony Rizzo was there for a juggling catch . Ross collided with Rizzo on a foul popup in the fourth and held on for the out.But Ross put together his best work when he stayed behind the plate. He did a solid job of framing close called third strikes to Brandon Guyer in the fifth and Jason Kipnis in the sixth. After Kipnis strikeout, Ross cut down Francisco Lindor trying to steal second for the final out of the inning.Ross defensive work was particularly important with Lester having his usual struggles with runners on the basepaths.It starts and ends with Jon for me, Ross said. This guy, theres not a better way to go out your last start than catching Jon Lester.The Cubs trailed 1-0 before scoring three times in the fourth. Ross capped the rally with a sac fly to left with the bases loaded, driving in Ben Zobrist.Ross, nicknamed Grandpa Rossy by his young teammates as he wraps up his 15th season, was taken out for a pinch hitter in the sixth, and he shared a big hug with Lester in the dugout.I just said I love him, Ross said. Thanks for everything. I love him.Lester and Ross have been together for years and often hang out together off the field. Lester agreed to a $155 million, six-year deal in December 2014, a key moment in the Cubs resurgence. Ross then followed Lester to Chicago for a $5 million, two-year contract, and quickly became an important leader in the clubhouse.I love him like a brother, like a dad, like a mentor, Rizzo said. I was pretty emotional, seeing him in that at-bat driving in that run, throwing that guy out. We were talking before the game, this will be a blast. We got the W. We just need to get two more Ws.---Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap ;Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: