hands on it.If the Swans can overcome the Hawks for a second time | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 18 '17
The decisions by LSUs Leonard Fournette and Stanfords Christian McCaffrey to bypass postseason games as they prepare for the NFL could be a jolt to the bowl business. Authentic Soccer Japan Jerseys .Is it a sign of things to come? asked Arthur Weiss, an agent based in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. I would think that its too early to say for sure, but when you factor in the type of financial considerations that these top-ranked players are facing, it may well be headed in that direction.McCaffrey, the 2015 Heisman Trophy runner-up, announced Monday he wouldnt play in the Dec. 30 Sun Bowl between No. 16 Stanford and North Carolina so I can begin my draft prep immediately. Three days earlier, Fournette said he would miss No. 19 LSUs Citrus Bowl matchup with No. 15 Louisville on Dec. 31 to rest an injured ankle.The two running backs are regarded as potential first-round draft picks, with Fournette expected to be among the first players picked.Their decisions garnered so much attention Monday that Texas A&M junior defensive end Myles Garrett released a statement through the university saying he would play in the Texas Bowl against Kansas State. Garrett hasnt announced whether he plans to turn pro after this season, but he is considered a potential No. 1 overall pick.Bowl officials have taken the news in stride, at least publicly.Steve Hogan, the executive director of the Citrus Bowl and Russell Athletic Bowl, said he was aware at the time LSU received a Citrus invitation of the possibility Fournettes ankle might prevent him from playing.I hope its not a trend, Sun Bowl executive director Bernie Olivas said. As far as Christian, Im not speaking for him, but I know where hes coming from, especially based on the fact hed been injured this year already and didnt want to risk reinjuring.Last season, Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith tore two knee ligaments in a Fiesta Bowl loss to Ohio State, and has not played since.Smith was projected as a potential top-five pick before his injury, and instead went to the Dallas Cowboys in the second round with the 34th overall pick in the draft. The difference in guaranteed contract money is about $19 million.Wright Waters, the executive director of the Football Bowl Association, said he understands if an injury prevents a star player from performing in a bowl game.If we have someone who is just pulling out of the game ... and theyre just saying, `I might get hurt, and they dont have any problem, yeah, Ive got a problem with that, Waters said. And I think thats in some cases kind of narrow-sighted, because they might have the opportunity to enhance their (stock).North Carolina junior defensive tackle Naz Jones will forgo his senior season to enter the draft and will play in the Sun Bowl.I still have things that I can put on film, Jones said. Yeah, Im not in that category to sit out a game like that.Pittsburgh junior running back James Conner redshirted the 2015 season as he recovered from a knee injury and battled cancer. Conner said he never considered missing the 22nd-ranked Panthers Dec. 28 Pinstripe Bowl matchup with Northwestern.I just feel like Im going to take advantage of it really, showing the scouts Im back to my normal self and that I can compete at a high level after everything Ive been through, Conner said.McCaffreys Stanford teammates Trenton Irwin and Solomon Thomas sent out tweets supporting him Monday. Dallas Cowboys rookie running back and former Ohio State star Ezekiel Elliott tweeted: I would do anything to play one more time with my brothers in that scarlet and gray.Elliott bypassed his senior season to enter the draft. He added in separate tweets: there is a difference between not coming back for your last year and not finishing your last season.Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said he understands getting upset about a player bailing out on his team, but there is more to it.Youve got to let go of the moment and look at the big picture, which I think is really, really big in moments like this, Bielema said. These kids now have not only the next six months that could shape their future, but when youre paying the money that some of these people are getting, youre talking about the next 40 years of their life, their childrens lives and everybody can be affected by this.The stakes are higher than ever for players looking at professional careers.Its as simple as this, Weiss said. Its risk vs. reward.---AP Sports Writer Aaron Beard in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Will Graves in Pittsburgh and Kurt Voigt in Fayetteville, Arkansas, contributed to this report.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Steve Megargee at www.twitter.com/stevemegargee ;Japan Jerseys From China .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Japan World Cup Jerseys . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. http://www.cheapjapanjerseys.com/ . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover. Sydneys back six have the muscle to combat high-flying Hawthorn forward Cyril Rioli, says coach John Longmire.Rioli was outstanding against Port Adelaide last week on return from leave to attend his grandfathers funeral.On top of his spectacular leap, that would have been mark of the year had it been paid, the 26-year-old also kicked three goals in the Hawks 22-point win and had a hand in another.Defender Nick Smith will likely get the job on Rioli when the Swans face the reigning premiers at the SCG in Thursday nights top-of-the-table clash.Smith kept the gun forward to one goal and 11 touches in round nines 14-point win.But Rioli, who will play the match on his 27th birthday, has booted 14 majors in his past five games - a statistic nnot lost on Longmire. Wholesale Japan Jerseys. Hes an absolute star, Longmire said.We saw Rioli play a really competitive style last week, he was up and about from the first bounce.Hes one of their many stars - theyve got plenty of them.Hes an important player but we feel as though our back six have done a pretty good job this year. Theyve been fairly consistent.But, as always, the battle starts in the middle of the ground and thats where we need to get our hands on it.If the Swans can overcome the Hawks for a second time this season theyll go top of the ladder again, while a loss could see them slide out of the top four. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: