very time you get locked in very time you get locked in | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jun 3 '19
GRAPEVINE, Texas -- This is not as clear-cut as you might think. Wholesale Custom Football Jerseys .The 12 members of the College Football Playoff selection committee moved from their TV viewing room into Selection Central on Saturday night after the games ended to debate and vote on their top 25 teams in the country.What began as a ho-hum day turned into a wild night, as Penn States win over Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game will force the committee to truly weigh the value of a conference title. It certainly opened the door for debate, so heres a look at the case for and against the teams vying for a spot in the top four -- no Alabama or Clemson herein; they should be safe -- heading into the final rankings Sunday at noon ET during the College Football Playoff Selection Show on ESPN:Penn StateThe case for: The No. 7 Nittany Lions now own two tiebreakers over No. 2 Ohio State -- the head-to-head win and the conference title. Also in Penn States favor: the word unequivocal. The committees protocol states that in order for a team that didnt win a conference title to be in the top four, it has to unequivocally be one of the four best teams. How can there be no doubt that Ohio State is better than Penn State if the Buckeyes didnt win their game back in October?The case against: Selection committee chair Kirby Hocutt has said in recent weeks that the gap between No. 2 Ohio State and No. 7 Penn State is significant. If their résumés are not comparable, the committee doesnt have to refer to the tiebreakers. Penn State also has two losses, including one to No. 25 Pitt and a 39-point defeat to No. 5 Michigan.WashingtonThe case for:?No. 4 Washington turned in a dominant performance during a 41-10 win over No. 8 Colorado in the Pac-12 title game, showcasing its strong running game and defense on a day when Huskies quarterback Jake Browning was stymied. Washington now has a top-10 win on its résumé, to go along with victories against ranked opponents in Stanford, Utah and then-No. 23 Washington State. Washingtons only loss was to No. 11 USC.The case against: A nonconference strength of schedule that ranks No. 127 out of 128, with wins over Rutgers, Idaho and FCS foe Portland State -- teams that have combined for a 12-22 record. The committee has hammered home the importance of scheduling, but including one-loss Washington -- while punishing Big 12 champ Oklahoma for scheduling aggressively but losing to Houston and Ohio State -- would send the opposite message.Ohio StateThe case for: With the exception of undefeated Alabama, nobody has a better résumé in the country than Ohio State, which has three wins against top-10 teams. It now has a road win against the Big 12 champ, No. 9 Oklahoma, and the Big Ten runner-up, No. 6 Wisconsin.The case against: The Buckeyes lost the head-to-head game against Penn State, and they didnt even win their division, let alone the Big Ten title.MichiganThe case for: The Wolverines beat both teams that played for the Big Ten championship -- Penn State and Wisconsin -- along with Pac-12 runner-up Colorado, to tally three wins against top-10 teams. Hocutt said on Tuesday the separation between Michigan and Washington was so slim that the committee debated for about two hours over which team was better and some committee members really struggled with it.?The case against: Michigan played eight home games, and it lost the road game that mattered the most -- at Ohio State -- and a road game it should have won, at unranked Iowa. Custom Football Jerseys Outlet . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. Custom Dallas Cowboys Jerseys Cheap . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. http://www.customjerseysfootball.com/ .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Theres no sense hiding it, Hanley Ramirez said. He was trying to tie the game with one ferocious swing in the sixth inning Wednesday.Instead, the Boston Red Sox first baseman wound up getting injured.Ramirez was lifted in the eighth inning of a 4-0 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays when his right side began to tighten up. Two innings earlier, he swung hard through a first-pitch fastball from Rays starter Matt Moore with the bases loaded and doubled over in pain.Red Sox manager John Farrell said Ramirez was pulled for precautionary reasons. Ramirez said he expects to be ready to play Friday night when Boston opens a three-game series against the Los Angeles Angels at Fenway Park.I was a little bit scared to swing, Ramirez said. I was like, I dont want to take any risks. I talked to John, and were just trying to prevent something big. He told me that were not going tto put your season on the line. Custom Football Jerseys Online. . Take care of that and be ready to go Friday.After scuffling at times through the seasons first few months, Ramirez has begun to heat up at the plate. Before going 0-for-3 Wednesday, he had hit safely in seven consecutive games, going 10-for-26 with three homers during that stretch.Ive been seeing the ball better, he said. It seems like every time you get locked in at the plate, something happens.Ramirez has worked to shorten his swing this season. But he took a giant cut against Moore, even knocking his helmet off his head.Just trying to hit a grand salami, Ramirez said. Try and tie the game. I was trying to hit a home run. But he made a good pitch up and in, and I should have let up. I dont know why I swung. ' ' ' 
Share: