ysports.com and the Sky Sports apps | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 19 '17
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- South African prosecutors pressing a murder charge against Oscar Pistorius secured a meeting Thursday with Apple officials in the United States over accessing potentially crucial evidence on the double-amputee athletes locked iPhone, they said. Brian Orakpo Jersey . Pistorius claimed he forgot the password for the cellphone, one of a number found at his upscale villa after he shot dead girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp Feb. 14, 2013. Investigators have been seeking help from Apple through the F.B.I. since last year to get access to the phone, a spokesman for South Africas National Prosecuting Authority said. Investigators from South Africa would now meet with Apple officials Thursday at the tech giants headquarters in California, spokesman Nathi Mncube said. Pistorius trial starts Monday, giving both prosecutors and Pistorius defence team just four days to analyze any information on the iPhone. Prosecutors would be obliged to also give any evidence they find to Pistorius lawyers. "It can only add on the evidence we already have," Mncube said in an interview with TV station eNCA. "It cannot be prejudicial to our case. The people concerned, should the evidence be favourable to us, are the defence. Then we have a responsibility to make it available to them as soon as we have it so they can also prepare for the trial." Mncube also confirmed the meeting and the reason behind it separately to The Associated Press after his telephone interview with eNCA. The prosecution maintains that Pistorius had a fight with Steenkamp before killing her, a cornerstone of its case, and information on the Olympians phone may shed light on events before the pre-dawn shooting last Valentines Day. Pistorius says he shot the model and reality TV star after mistaking her for a dangerous intruder. South African prosecutors hope to have the information from the phone by late Thursday, Mncube said, adding that they would make any evidence from the phone available to Pistorius defence lawyers. He wouldnt comment on what prosecutors might be looking for on the phone. But even without access to Pistorius iPhone, Mncube said the state had enough evidence to support the premeditated murder charge. Court documents indicate prosecutors are expected to build much of their case against the world-famous runner on witnesses who the state claims will testify to hearing a woman in Pistorius house screaming before the sound of gunshots. That suggests a fight and contradicts Pistorius version of events. Prosecutors also will likely try to use the trajectory of the bullets from the four shots fired by Pistorius through a toilet door to show he intended to kill Steenkamp and was not fearful and acting in self-defence. "We are very confident that we have sufficient evidence," prosecution spokesman Mncube said. "And that the evidence we have already will be more than sufficient to secure us hopefully a conviction in this matter." Prosecutors are seeking a life sentence for Pistorius should he be convicted of murder in Steenkamps killing, meaning he would have to serve at least 25 years in prison before being eligible for parole. There is no death penalty in South Africa. Jalston Fowler Jersey . -- Rory McIlroy birdied his last two holes Thursday for a 7-under 63 to take the lead after one round of the Honda Classic. Eddie George Jersey Charlie Nicholas believes Roy Hodgson should drop Raheem Sterling and bring in Jack Wilshere for Englands crunch Euro 2016 clash with Wales on Thursday. Manchester City winger Sterling, who endured a tough second half of the Premier League season, scoring just twice since the turn of the year, was criticised in some sections for his performance in Englands 1-1 draw with Russia. Charlie predicts Find out what Charlie is tipping up for England v Wales at 28/1 here. And though Wilshere, who hit back at Gareth Bales claims the England side lack the passion of his Welsh team-mates was dogged by injuries last term, Nicholas believes he is well suited for the key Group B fixture in Lens.The Soccer Saturday pundit said: I have to say one thing about Roy in that I thought he picked an attacking team against Russia which didnt do a lot wrong, so I wouldnt change much. Raheem Sterling , pictured with Igor Smolnikov of Russia, struggled with his final ball in Marseille despite making a string of promising runs I think the one player that didnt merit a start was Sterling after what was a really poor season. I covered a lot of Manchester City games last term and thought that Sterling would kick on after scoring that hat-trick against Bournemouth but he really failed to do so.Hes not playing with the same purpose and cleverness as he did at Liverpool and hes more about just running into space - of which there wont be much against Wales - than taking on players. Jack Wilshere replaced Wayne Rooney after 78 minutes against Russia on Saturday I know people will say, Whats Wilshere done to deserve to start? But hes a top-class footballer and can help get the best out of Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Adam Lallana.Nicholas, who joined those questioning why Kane is taking corners, believes Hodgson needs to braver in his substitutions. Quinton Spain Jersey. Ive made my views on Hodgson being too cautious in the past pretty clear, he added. Gareth Bale reckons Wales have more passion than their English counterparts And while it was an attacking starting line-up, they could have wrapped up the win by being more adventurous.Why not bring on Vardy? England didnt score until the 73rd minute and there was still no sign of Vardy. He wouldve relished facing that ageing Russia backline. For me, thats why England wont win the tournament. Selection issues for Hodgson Sterling, Vardy, Wilshere roles? We ponder issues for England boss... Do you agree with Charlie? What changes should Hodgson make for Thursdays game? Post a message if youre reading on skysports.com or tweet us @SkyFootball...Follow England v Wales - and every game at Euro 2016 - with our live blog on skysports.com and the Sky Sports apps. Also See: England v Wales preview Selection issues for Hodgson Mersons Euro 2016 predictions QUIZ: Football teams in Welsh Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: