and he had three birdies and a bogey after tha | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
sxx123
sxx123 Dec 15 '17
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have made an art of the comeback, rallying for victories 30 times in their first 112 games. Honduras Jerseys From China . No. 31 may have been the most impressive — and improbable — of the bunch. Martin Prado hit a two-run single in the eighth after Arizona blew a three-run lead the inning before, helping the Diamondbacks rally for a 9-8 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays on Wednesday night. "Thats who we are, what we are," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. It was a wild game from the start, featuring 28 combined hits, 12 pitchers and a team-record six double plays by Arizona. Tampa Bay went up 3-0 in the first inning. Arizona rallied against the Rays bullpen after starter Chris Archer left in the second, taking a 7-4 lead by the fifth. Tampa Bay fought back, scoring four runs in the seventh on two-run hits by Evan Longoria and pinch-hitter Sam Fuld. J.J. Putz (3-1) gave Arizona a chance with a scoreless eighth inning and Arizona took its turn in the bottom half, loading the bases against Joel Peralta (1-5) and Fernando Rodney. Prado followed with his two-run single to right and Brad Ziegler worked around two baserunners in the ninth for his seventh save, completing Arizonas 22nd win in its last at-bat. "The one thing we can be consistent with is go all the way through, 27 outs," said Prado, who had four RBIs and four of Arizonas 12 hits. "This team, every single guy is ready to go up there." The Rays had 16 hits, fought back after Archer went out with forearm stiffness and were up 8-7 after their four-run seventh. They just couldnt match the Diamondbacks hit for hit, losing their first series since June 18-19 at Boston and consecutive road games for the first time since June 21-22 at the Yankees. "It was very difficult because we played hard," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "We definitely played hard tonight and well enough to win it. Our bullpen was just not normal tonight. Beyond all the double plays, etc., our bullpen is usually more lockdown than that." The Rays got off to a good start, scoring three runs in the first inning off Randall Delgado, capped by Yunel Escobars two-run double. Archer, the ALs pitcher of the month in July, gave up a run on Paul Goldschmidts RBI single in the first inning and got two outs in the second before leaving after throwing three pitches to Didi Gregorius. Archer was taken out for precautionary reasons and said he didnt think it was anything serious. "I am glad they are cautious with me, thinking about the future and hopefully it just dissolves and my next start I am out there at normal game speed," Archer said. The games speed picked up from there. Arizona took advantage of Tampa Bays bullpen, scoring three runs in the third and fifth innings. Prado hit a two-run homer off Alex Torres in the third and Aaron Hill followed a two-run double. In the fifth, Chavez had a run-scoring single, Hill another run-scoring double and Wil Nieves had a sacrifice fly that made it 7-4. The Rays took their turn against Arizonas bullpen once Delgado was gone, loading the bases against Josh Collmenter in the seventh inning. Longoria followed with a two-run double off Will Harris, and Fuld, who replaced Wil Myers (asthma symptoms), put the Rays up 8-7 with a two-run flare single to left off Joe Thatcher. Problem was, the Diamondbacks still had outs left. Arizona rallied in the eighth to set up Prados hit and Ziegler induced a game-ending double play after Tampa Bay put two on with one out in the ninth, finishing off the two-game sweep. "This is one of those games that tells you that you can go out there and finish strong," Prado said. "Thats what were looking for." Notes: Gregorius made a spectacular diving stop at shortstop on a grounder by Escobar in the fourth inning, throwing from his knees to start a double play. ... Myers singled in the first inning and has reached base in 21 straight games, second-longest by a Tampa Bay rookie behind Rocco Baldellis 24 games in 2003. ... The Rays will have their third of four off days in a span of 12 days on Thursday before David Price faces the Dodgers Chris Capuano on Friday. ... The Diamondbacks have Thursday off before left-hander Patrick Corbin goes for his 14th win of the season in the opener of a three-game series against the Mets on Friday. Replica Honduras Jerseys . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Honduras World Cup Jerseys . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. http://www.cheaphondurasjerseys.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla.BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Jeff Sluman and Fred Couples are hoping for more days like Thursday, when the wind was down and the rain and bogeys stayed away. Sluman birdied No. 17 en route to a 7-under 65 and a one-stroke lead over Couples after the first round in the Regions Tradition, the second of five Champions Tour majors. Sluman, who had eight birdies, and Couples both had their only bogeys on No. 16 at Shoal Creek. The Legends of Golf winner with Brad Faxon in April, Sluman matched his best opening round score on the Champions Tour. Sluman knows the game can shift as swiftly as the weather, which cleared up in time for the round after nearly two inches of rain from Wednesday afternoon into the early morning. "The greens are very fast out there, but theyre as good as weve seen all year certainly, or the last five years that I can remember," he said. "They were just perfect speed and I was getting the ball to the hole. "On days like today, it feels like its easy and then sometimes you come out the next day and it feels like an alien took over your body. I hope that doesnt happen to me (Friday)." Couples, the Presidents Cup captain and World Golf Hall of Famer, made a 20-foot eagle putt on the par-5 sixth hole and a 30-footer for birdie on the next hole. His only blemish was a bogey on the par-3 16th when he overshot the green and landed just into the line of spectators. The 1992 Masters winner has had a whirlwind few weeks, visiting the White House recently as Presidents Cup captain, playing two rounds with Tiger Woods last week at the PGA Tours Memorial and getting inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in May. Couples said his golf has been "fair" but called the rest of the year "truly fun." He has endured a memorably bad experience at Shoal Creek. Couples had four consecutive bogeys to blow a one-stroke lead after 12 holes in the 1990 PGA Championship and lost by three strokes to Wayne Grady. Couples still likes the course and finished fourth at the Tradition last year. "I didnt play well at all a couple years ago and then last year I had a good last round to move my way up there," he saaid. Cheap Honduras Soccer Jerseys. "But I never really had a shot at beating Tom (Lehman). I think I shot a 7 under the last round so I was not even really a factor but at least it felt like I could shoot another good round here. I played really well (Thursday)." Duffy Waldorf and Peter Senior shot 67, and Mark Calcavecchia, Michael Allen, David Frost and Corey Pavin followed at 68. Two-time defending champion Lehman was one of 11 players with a 69 Couples got in 14 holes during the rain-shortened pro-am on Wednesday. "The fairways were the best theyve ever been here for the three years, and the greens took a little bit of water (Wednesday) night that you never saw," he said. "If you were in the rough, you could get the ball on the green. Obviously it made the course play a little easier." Sluman had few complaints, He nearly managed to save par on 16 and then hit a sand wedge to about 3 1/2 feet on No. 17 to take the lead. "Relatively speaking, it was a dead-straight putt, the kind of putt youre supposed to make if youve got your name on the bag," said Sluman, who came within inches of a closing birdie. Waldorf had five birdies on the final eight holes after finishing the first 10 at even par. He said he missed several 10-foot birdie chances but recovered with a nice bunker shot to set up birdie on No. 11 and a 50-footer for another one at the next hole. "It was almost like I felt like I was prepared for the course and everything, but then two inches of rain came or however much rain came (Wednesday) evening," Waldorf said. "It kind of felt like I was feeling the course out again as far as how the ball was rolling, how the greens were running and all that." Lehman said "brutal putting" prompted him to switch to a cross-handed grip on No. 8 that hed been practicing with for the last month, and he had three birdies and a bogey after that. "Frustration and I didnt feel like I had a chance to make it," Lehman said. "You know how it is when you just feel like you just cant make the putt. I had no confidence so I just changed my grip up and felt more comfortable." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: