what he told Beveridge during their embrace after their preliminary final over Greater W | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 May 17 '19
CLEVELAND -- The Indians expect pitcher Trevor Bauer to be ready to start Game 3 of the American League Championship Series on Monday in Toronto after scratching him from Saturdays outing because of a freak injury to the tip of his right pinkie finger. Nike Free Run Canada .Josh Tomlin will start Game 2 at Progressive Field in place of Bauer, who cut his finger while doing routine maintenance on his drone. The free-spirited Bauer is a longtime drone enthusiast and has built and flown the devices for years.General manager Chris Antonetti said the cut is on the outside of Bauers finger and shouldnt affect his various grips. Bauer arrived at Progressive Field early Friday and lightly tossed all his pitches without incident. Manager Terry Francona said the biggest challenge for Clevelands medical staff will be making sure Bauers cut heals enough that the finger doesnt start bleeding while hes pitching.In the grand scheme of things, as long as Trevor is OK, all were doing is flip-flopping him with Tomlin, Francona told reporters at his pregame news conference. We have to win four games anyway. And they were both going to pitch twice.Nevertheless, the bizarre nature of Bauers injury made for a chaotic day for the Indians. Francona learned of the injury when he received a call from Antonetti on Friday morning.I was in the shower, and when I got out of the shower my phone was blowing up, Francona said. And Chris was like, Call me. You could have given me a lot of guesses, and I wouldnt have probably got this one.Bauer wasnt available for comment before Fridays ALCS opener, which the Indians won 2-0.The injury is the latest in a series of disruptions to the Cleveland starting rotation. Carlos Carrasco and Danny Salazar both went down with injuries in September, and Corey Kluber missed 10 days with a strained quadriceps before returning to beat Boston in the division series.Francona said he was not angry or disappointed in Bauer, who has attracted attention at times for his quirky personality and unorthodox training regimen.Weve been together four years, and Trevor definitely has his own thoughts, Francona said. I think when its all said and done, some of its overblown. He actually has a lot of really good routines, to be completely honest.This was not malicious. He could have been opening a box in the kitchen. Things happen. I wish it wouldnt have, but it wasnt done maliciously. It wasnt done by being silly. It just happened.Tomlin, who allowed 36 home runs during the regular season (third-highest total in the majors behind James Shields and Jered Weaver), pitched five effective innings at Fenway Park to beat the Red Sox 4-3 in the final game of the ALDS.Rather than face?J.A. Happ?at home Saturday night, Bauer will oppose Marcus Stroman on Monday at Rogers Centre. In Bauers only regular-season appearance in Toronto, he pitched five shutout innings in relief of Tomlin on July 1. He earned the win in a 2-1, 19-inning Cleveland victory over the Blue Jays. Wholesale Nike Running Shoes Canada . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Wholesale Nike Free Run Canada Free Shipping . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. http://www.clearancenikefreecanada.com/ . It was Kerbers third final of the year after losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in Monterrey in April and to Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic in Tokyo two weeks ago. The 10th-ranked German improved her record in finals to 3-5. They gathered in their thousands at Whitten Oval, some nursing sore heads, most still shaking theirs in disbelief.The party to end all parties rolled on into Sunday as the Western Bulldogs faithful celebrated winning their first AFL flag in 62 years.As the crowd awaited their premiership heroes, Dogs legend Doug Hawkins took the stage, not to speak but just to revel in the glory of it all.Wiping away tears, Hawkins took a selfie in front of the crowd, capturing a moment he thought may never come.But nothing compared to the rapturous ovation when the triumphant Bulldogs finally emerged with the premiership trophy, some looking worse for wear but all still smiling.Fittingly, for a side so focused on putting the team ahead of individuals, the biggest cheer of all was reserved for Joel Hamling, who went into Saturdays grand final as a relative unknown and towelled up Sydney superstar Lance Franklin.Star midfielder Marcus Bontempelli captured the feeling of disbelief still present at Whitten Oval.Its unbelievable for us to have achieved what he have, he said.This is going to be one of the most important times in our lives.The emotional moment where coach Luke Beveridge presented injured captain Bob Murphy with a premiership medal was replayed on the big screen to rapturous applause.And then it was over to Luke Dahlhaus to llead the team, and the crowd, through yet another rendition of Sons of the West. Nike Free Run Canada Outlet. With an estimated crowd of more than 20,000 packed onto a sunny Whitten Oval, the conditions proved too much for some.At least two punters received medical assistance after collapsing while waiting for the premiership team to emerge.Bulldog president Peter Gordon addressed the crowd urging them to look after each other, admitting the club wasnt accustomed to hosting such massive crowds.Lets just take it easy today, he said.Weve got a problem here that weve never had before. Its a problem of our own making because we happened to win a premiership.Gordon, the man who famously reached into his own pockets to pull the Bulldogs back from the brink in the late 1980s, looked like hed celebrated as hard as the players.But he managed to find the words to thank the Bulldogs faithful, recalling what he told Beveridge during their embrace after their preliminary final over Greater Western Sydney.I said youve just got us into our first grand final since 1961 - you are frigging amazing, Gordon said.That man just led us to our first premiership in 62 years and hes contracted to us for the next five years at least. ' ' '
Share: