t player to win the Australian Open when he claimed the title for the second time in 2012. He was st | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Apr 29 '19
Eoin Morgan has said he remains comfortable with his decision not to take part in Englands tour of Bangladesh due to his concerns over the security situation. Air Max Wholesale China Free Shipping .Morgan and Alex Hales made themselves unavailable for the tour following the terror attacks in the country earlier this year despite the unprecedented levels of security the team were granted for the visit.Andrew Strauss, the managing director of England cricket, who gave the players the right to choose, said an individuals decision would not be held against them in future selection. Morgan, who is currently in Australia for a spell at the Big Bash for Sydney Thunder, has been recalled to captain the limited-overs squads in India next month. Hales has also been included with Ben Duckett, who made two half-centuries in the one-day series win over Bangladesh, losing his place.I wasnt comfortable travelling because of security concerns and I weighed up the question would I be able to perform as a captain and as a player given the security concerns in Bangladesh? Morgan said. Im still comfortable with it. It is something I considered before confirming my decision to the ECB. I tried to imagine all the different circumstances and didnt feel comfortable enough in my mind to go and be able to perform.I have had a great deal of support, everyone who I trust in a tight-knit circle has supported me, everyone within the game that I trust has supported me, players ex and current who I lean on for big decisions. Its been really good, it was a difficult decision to make and I dont think a lot of people would have made it but I am certainly happy with the decision that I have made.Shortly before Morgan confirmed his decision not to tour he cited being involved in previous security scares in both Bangladesh, when he played domestic cricket 2013-14, and India, during the 2010 IPL, as a factor that was weighing heavily on his mind. He has since returned to India on both international and IPL duty but explained that his concerns over Bangladesh also stemmed from the fact that England were the first western team to tour there since the attacks in Dhaka on July 1.I think one thing that had changed from 2010 in India was that other teams had travelled there and security had increased, also since then there had been no terrorist attacks or sightings or threats in regard to either a tournament or a national team, he said. I think going to Bangladesh and being the first western team to travel there since the terrorist attack and the fact that Australia had pulled out even before the terrorist attack happened, was another reason.Englands three-match one-day series begins in Pune on January 15 and is followed by a three-match T20 series. The first half of 2017 is entirely one-day focused for England with a short tour to West Indies followed by series against Ireland and South Africa in May ahead of the Champions Trophy. Air Max Free Shipping . Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. Nike Air Max Free Shipping Worldwide . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. http://www.airmaxfreeshipping.com/ . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. SYDNEY -- Australian golfer Peter Senior, a winner of more than 30 tournaments worldwide, has announced his retirement after a hip injury forced him to withdraw during Fridays second round of the Australian Open.The 57-year-old Senior -- a two-time Australian Open champion -- limped from the Royal Sydney Golf Club course after only six holes in his second round and told reporters he is retiring, effective immediately.Its just horrendous. I cant hit a golf shot out there, Senior said. Its no good me being out there annoying the other guys because theyre playing pretty well so this is it for me. Im not playing any more golf.He said he suffered the injury while playing in last weeks New South Wales Open.I battled through the tournament last week, didnt do much practice on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, played the pro-am, Senior said. Its a tough pill to swallow.The last two yeears Ive had that many injuries. Air Max Wholesale Free Shipping. Im just sick of it. Its a game you cant play with injuries.Ive had a great run, a great career. Ive enjoyed every minute of it. People have been fantastic, (but) you just cant play like that.Senior had intended to retire at the end of the year but hoped to finish his career at the Australian PGA Championship in his home state of Queensland.Senior became the oldest player to win the Australian Open when he claimed the title for the second time in 2012. He was still at the top of his game last year when he won the Australian Masters for the fourth time, becoming the oldest player to do so at 56.Senior played professionally for 38 years, winning tournaments on the European, Japan and Australasian tours. ' ' '
Share: