o allow overseas players in 1992.In all, he scored 8871 runs at an average of 68.76 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Apr 29 '19
ST. Vans Shoes Clearance . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. -- Mackenzie Hughes figured he was down to his last chance to stay alive in a four-man playoff Monday morning in the RSM Classic.The Canadian rookie with pluck and a pure putting stroke poured in an 18-foot par putt from off the 17th green at Sea Island, and that last chance turned into his first PGA Tour victory when the other three players all missed from 10 feet or closer.I made the putt of my life right there, Hughes said.Hughes calmed his nerves and came up clutch in the 42-degree chill, becoming the first PGA Tour rookie in 20 years to go wire-to-wire for his first victory. The final day of a long year on the PGA Tour brought a most unlikely finish.Hughes had a chance to end it Sunday night until his 10-foot birdie putt in the dark on the 18th hole turned away. The next morning, he was the only player who was never on the green at the par-3 17th until his ball was in the cup.Blayne Barber, Henrik Norlander and Camilo Villegas narrowly missed their par putts to extend the playoff.Hughes was watching from off the green, and the prospect of winning became more real with each putt that missed -- first Barber, then Norlander. And when Villegas missed his 7-footer, Hughes dropped his putter, turned his back on the green and knocked off his cap as he rubbed his head in disbelief.If I didnt make, I thought I was probably out, Hughes said. Before I hit it, the thought was, `Just make them think about it. Put this putt in first, and if you can be the first guy in, put the pressure back on them. And thats what happened.The victory sends the 25-year-old Canadian to the Masters. One of his most vivid golf memories as a kid in Ontario was watching Mike Weir win the green jacket in 2003.He was texting me last night a little bit, Hughes said. Its pretty cool to have a guy like that to lean on for advice.Billy Horschel was eliminated from the five-man playoff on the first extra hole Sunday night when he narrowly missed a birdie putt, then shockingly missed a 2-foot putt. Hughes putts so well it was mildly surprising when he missed his 10-foot putt on the second playoff hole.It ate at me a little bit knowing that I had 10 feet to win it, he said. But I came out here to try to clear my mind, tell myself that I have a one-in-four chance.The odds looked worse when his 4-iron bounded over the green and down a steep slope. Making the pitch shot even more difficult is that the pin was 15 feet from the back edge, and the green ran quickly away from him. His pitch was a few feet from being perfect, but instead it stopped short of being on the green.Norlander was in the front bunker, while Barber was left of the green and Villegas was just over the back. Barber and Villegas used putter for their second shots.The last rookie to go wire-to-wire for his first win was Tim Herron at the 1996 Honda Classic. Hughes started this week with a 61, and he led after every round until he was posing with tournament host Davis Love III with the trophy.Hughes, who closed with a 69 and finished at 17-under 265, capped a memorable fall season.He began his rookie season by playing the final two rounds with Phil Mickelson and tying for 13th at the Safeway Open. Mickelsons caddie, Jim Mackay, said in a text message Saturday night, I really like his moxie, hes got guts.In his only week off this fall, Hughes and his longtime girlfriend from Kent State, Jenna, were married. They plan a honeymoon in the offseason, and now he gets to plan a schedule that includes Kapalua, Augusta National and the PGA Championship in Charlotte, North Carolina, where he lives.Hughes earned $1.08 million.Villegas and Norlander do not have full PGA Tour cards, and a victory would have changed that. Villegas got into the field as a past champion, while Norlander has no PGA Tour status and received a sponsors exemption.Villegas had made every big putt, from his birdies on the 16th and 17th in regulation to his 6-foot par putt on the 72nd hole to join the playoff, and another tough 4-foot putt in the dark Sunday night to stay alive. He missed from 7 feet Monday.I just pushed it a tiny bit, Villegas. But once again, Im proud of myself. We want to win a golf tournament, so you go with a little bittersweet, but youve got to look at the positive and keep moving forward. Cheap Vans Shoes For Sale . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Vans Shoes China Wholesale . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. http://www.vansoutletcheap.com/ . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. Yorkshire have signed Jake Lehmann, son of the Australian coach Darren, for the remainder of the 2016 Specsavers County Championship season.Lehmann junior, one of Australias most up-and-coming batsmen, now has the chance to tread in the footsteps of his father, the most popular overseas player to wear the White Rose, as Yorkshire chase a hat-trick of Championship titles.He joins Yorkshire ahead of a key period of Championship action, the first of six remaining games getting underway at Old Trafford on Saturday when the White Rose take on rivals Lancashire.He also has the added appeal of a British passport.After the completion of Australia As match against South Africa in Townsville, he is due to leave Australia on Wednesday and should arrive in time to play in that four-day match.Yorkshire moved swiftly to secure the services of the South Australia and Adelaide Strikers man after the departure of Travis Head on Sunday. Head, 22, was called up earlier than expected after winning selection for Australias ODI series in Sri Lanka and has left the Club with immediate effect.Heads departure to Sri Lanka in time for the final Test, where he will train and assimilate into the dressing room, but play no active part, has left Yorkshire in the lurch for their NatWest T20 Blast quarter-final against Glamorgan in Cardiff on Thursday.Even if Lehmann could have arrived in time, ECB regulations prevent the signing of overseas players in the later stages of both one-day competitions to seek to prevent counties strengthening with gun players for the final stages.Arguably, however, the policy shows scant understanding of realities in which overseas players come and go in country cricket with alarming regularity. Injuries occur, contracts are won, promises are broken, honest intentions fail to come to fruition and by limiting a countys ability to respond to events, the ECB is essentially creating a lottery.As well as Yorkshire facing Glamorgan without Head - as well as four absent Englansd stars - Middlesex must cope without a replacement for Brendon McCullum against Northamptomshire because he needs a back operation. Discount Vans Shoes. Yorkshires head coach Jason Gillespie nevertheless has used his friendship with Lehmann senior and involvement with South Australia to broker a quick deal which will sustain Yorkshire in the Championship.Getting a player of quality is always difficult at this stage of the season, but were delighted to secure the services of Jake, he said.Things happened pretty quickly, triggered by Travis being called into the Australia squad and hopefully he goes on to get a game. Cricket Australia were fantastic to deal with and coordinating with South Australia went fantastically well and we were able to arrange for Jake to come over.Hes a great kid, gives the ball a whack and has shown good nous and awareness. Having worked with him at the Strikers hell fit in to the changing room too, as all our players do. I just hope that he has a good time with us, enjoys himself and contributes to some good wins for Yorkshire.Darren Lehmann represented Yorkshire as an overseas player for a decade from 1997, his weight of runs and laconic, easy-going nature making him comfortably the most successful overseas player to represent the club since the members first voted to allow overseas players in 1992.In all, he scored 8871 runs at an average of 68.76. In 2001 he helped Yorkshire to their first County Championship title since 1968. His top score of 339 against Durham in 2006 during his final game for the club enabled Yorkshire to avoid relegation by a point. It was also the highest individual first-class innings at Headingley and the second highest for Yorkshire behind George Hirsts 341 against Leicestershire in 1905. ' ' '
Share: