snt captured the trophy since 2003, its lon | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Dec 12 '17
As the 1977 Wimbledon champion, Virginia Wade is still the last British woman to have won a Grand Slam singles title. Air Max 97 Sort .But Wade is adamant she could soon lose that status. Jo Konta, who this week propelled herself into the worlds top 10, could emulate her next season by becoming the first British woman for 40 years to score a major singles title.This has been an astonishingly fast rise into the elite by Konta, who just over a year ago had a triple-digit ranking. She is now the first British woman since Jo Durie in 1984 to be inside the top 10 after she made the final of last weeks China Open. Now Wade has suggested that Konta, who reached the semifinals of this years Australian Open, could go further.The way the womens game is at present, with the top players being fantastic at times but also inconsistent with their performances, it seems that there is an opportunity for someone with excellent mentality and a steady belief. So Jo seems to have those qualities, Wade told ESPN.Whether she can get into the top couple of spots in the rankings and possibly win a major, will to my mind [be determined by] how she paces herself and whether she gets the right balance of tournaments and matches, and of course a slice of luck with opponents. Keeping physically healthy and also keeping fully motivated will be very important.Wade suggested that Konta, who is playing in Hong Kong this week as she seeks qualification for this months WTA season finale in Singapore, will need to consolidate next year.I do believe when you rather suddenly rise higher, it is imperative to consolidate that position rather than to just look forward to more success, she said. In other words, one has to make sure you beat the opponents ranked lower than yourself and then the next chapter takes care of itself.Pam Shriver, an ESPN analyst and former US Open finalist, also suggested that Konta needs to establish herself in the elite.Its a big 12 months for Konta to consolidate and prove she is more like Angelique Kerber and less like Eugenie Bouchard. I have been tricked frequently in recent years into thinking players were ready to maintain status as a top ten player, or major winner or contender, only to see the player take many backward steps and struggle to recover confidence, Shriver said.Sustaining Top-10 play and remaining healthy are both vital to continued success, so lets wait and see for a while longer. This climb has been impressive and I have become a fan of her work ethic and demeanour on the court.More than anything, Wade has been impressed by Kontas mental approach. I think it is brilliant how far Jo has come in the last year. The first time I really paid attention to her improvement was last year at Eastbourne, where she showed such resolve on the court, plus a forehand that no longer lets her down on big points, Wade said.Now, watching her in the last few weeks play exceptional tennis, I am really impressed not only with those same things but her confidence, concentration and application on the court. I only wish her the best of luck. Yeezy Boost 350 v2 Køb . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. Køb Adidas Nmd r1 . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. http://www.airmax97danmark.com/yeezy-boost-350-2018-danmark.html . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. Japan and Australia took 2-0 leads in their Davis Cup World Group playoffs Friday, while Rafael Nadal hoped to lead Spain back into the World Group in its match against India.In need of victory against Ukraine to retain its place in the World Group next year, Japan opted to rest world No. 5 Kei Nishikori in the opening singles, and the decision paid off in Tokyo.Taro Daniel defeated Sergiy Stakhovsky 7-6 (4), 7-6 (2), 6-1, and Yoshihito Nishioka gave the hosts a commanding lead by topping Illya Marchenko 6-4, 5-7, 6-4, 7-5.Stakhovsky, who had 13 aces, was a last-minute replacement for Artem Smirnov, who pulled out after feeling ill.Nishikori will partner with Yuichi Sugita to take on Stakhovsky and Danylo Kalenichenko in doubles Saturday, when Japan can seal the tie.Spain, led by Nadal, played its World Group playoff later Friday in New Delhi.In Sydney, Nick Kyrgios and Bernard Tomic had straight-set singles victories aggainst Slovakia. Air Max 97 Danmark. Kyrgios, Australias No. 1 player, opened with a 6-3, 6-2, 6-4 win over Andrej Martin. Tomic beat Jozef Kovalik 7-6 (5), 6-4, 6-4.Sam Groth and John Peers will try to clinch the tie for Australia on Saturday when they play Martin and Igor Zelenay.The winner will compete in the 16-team World Group in 2017. Australia is trying to make it for a fourth straight year, and Slovakia for the first time since 2006.Slovakia is playing without its two top-ranked singles players, No. 31 Martin Klizan and No. 102 Lukas Lacko, due to injuries.Australia has won the Davis Cup 28 times -- second only to the United States 32 -- but hasnt captured the trophy since 2003, its longest drought since before World War II. Australia lost to the U.S. in the World Group first round this year. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: