five weeks ago when they were talking about our s | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Mar 23 '19
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers running back LeVeon Bell is ready to serve his suspension and move on. Under Armour Outlet Online .Bell spoke on Saturday, one day after the NFL suspended the Pittsburgh Steelers running back for the first three games of the regular season for missing multiple drug tests, which is a violation of the leagues substance abuse policy.I already apologized to my teammates, my coaches and Steeler Nation, Bell said. Im sincerely sorry about everything I put everybody through. Its been frustrating and I own up to everything. Its all my fault and I cant blame nobody else for that.Bell stood by a now-deleted post to his Instagram account he put up on Friday, offering an apology shortly after the suspension was announced. He initially faced a four-game suspension, but it was reduced to three games following an appeal to the league.Bell will be eligible to return to the active roster Sept. 26 before the teams Week 4 home game against Kansas City.Im glad they shaved a little bit of time off, Bell said. The sooner I can get on the field, the better.This is the second time Bell has faced discipline from the league. He sat out the first two games of the 2015 season as punishment for his arrest in August 2014 on DUI and marijuana possession charges following a traffic stop. Bell was originally suspended three games before it was reduced on appeal.It (stinks) to keep having to miss time, Bell said. I want to play football and be out there with my teammates. I accept the suspension. I just have to learn from this and move on.Bell feels the experience will help him moving forward.I think this is going to help me be a better person, a better player, and obviously smarter, Bell said. Its definitely a learning experience. Im not the perfect person. I didnt do everything right, but I didnt do everything wrong either.Rumors initially surfaced about Bells suspension during the teams June minicamp. He declined to get into specifics when the Steelers opened training camp as additional information circulated about the case. Bell said he doesnt let those rumors bother him.I just let everybody say what they want to say, Bell said. People who say I smoke weed, thats fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. The people who know me know the person I am.While Bell is scheduled to return in Week 4, the Steelers arent sure when tight end Ladarius Green will be back.Green, the Steelers biggest free agent signing in the offseason, is on the physically unable to perform list because of offseason ankle surgery. On Saturday, Green denied multiple recent reports that he was suffering from recurring headaches.I dont know what those reports are, Green said. I heard about it, but I didnt look at it. Im still on PUP because of my ankle.There were also reports suggesting the Steelers could release Green or that the fifth-year tight end was contemplating retirement.Im wondering who said this, Green said. Im only 26, so I dont think Im going to retire any time soon.Green said theres no timetable for his return. Green admits hes frustrated, but hes confident that he will play this season as he continues to rehabilitate his ankle and workout on adjoining practice fields.Ive still been rehabbing my ankle, Green said. I havent been dealing with anything else but that.Game notes Quarterback Dustin Vaughan suffered a fractured bone on his throwing hand during a sack in the second preseason game against the Eagles. ... The Steelers signed quarterback Bryn Renner and guard Antoine Everett and released running back Christian Powell and center Valerian Ume-Ezeoke.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ;Cheap Under Armour Ireland . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. Under Armour Clearance Sale . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. http://www.wholesaleunderarmourireland.com/ . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. (STATS) -- The goal for every Eastern Washington opponent is to keep the Eagles high-powered offense off the field, not to let them run 100 offensive plays.The No. 2-seeded team did just that Saturday as quarterback Gage Gubrud accounted for 517 yards of total offense and three touchdowns in a 31-14 win over Central Arkansas in the second round of the FCS playoffs.Eastern Washington (11-1) will remain on the red turf of Roos Field in Cheney against Richmond (10-3), which rallied to beat No. 7 seed North Dakota, in next Saturdays quarterfinals.I was really proud of our players of finding a way to win, said EWU coach Beau Baldwin, whose team trailed 14-0 in the second quarter. It seemed like a grind at times, but certain imperfections are going to happen because you are playing a great opponent and there are only 16 teams left in the tournament. But we found a way to keep responding.Gubrud, a redshirt sophomore, was electrifying as he had a hand in all but 14 of Eastern Washingtons offensive yards. He completed a school-record 47 passes in 64 attempts for 449 yards and two touchdowns to his favorite receiver, Cooper Kupp, and carried the ball 15 times for 68 yards and a touchdown.The Eagles had to come from behind in their first-ever meeting with Central Arkansas as the Bears (10-3) went ahead 14-0 with two second-quarter touchdowns. But Gubrud put his team ahead by halftime with three scores in the final five minutes of the first half.He scored on a 1-yard run to cap a 14-play, 95-yard drive and make it 14-7. After Tysen Prunty recovered a UCA fumble on the ensuing kickoff, Gubbrud connected with Kupp for a 19-yard touchdown. Under Armour Cheap Shoes. After the Bears went three-and-out, EWU kept a drive alive with a fake field goal and Gubrud capped it with a 6-yard TD to Kupp with 14 seconds left in the half.I felt like early we had a lot of good things going for us, UCA coach Steve Campbell said. But I felt the game kind of changed there somewhere in the second quarter. We were up 14-0 and felt like we really had a lot of momentum. But then they scored, we had the turnover and they scored, and then we gave up another one there before the half.Kendrick Bourne led the EWU receivers with 13 receptions for 126 yards.With 10 receptions, Kupp raised his season total to 101, marking his third season in the century club. He has 412 receptions, 6,156 receiving yards and 68 touchdown receptions in his career -- all-time records for both FCS and Division I.Kupps brother Ketner, a sophomore linebacker, had a team-high 11 tackles after starting in place of injured senior captain Miquiyah Zamora.UCAs 244 offensive yards and 14 points were the fewest against Eastern Washington this season. The Eagles defenses six lowest point totals are in their last six games.Im so proud of how our defense stepped up -- weve grown as the year has gone along, Baldwin said. I dont think people were believing me four or five weeks ago when they were talking about our shootouts with other teams. That wasnt really the reality. Our defense keeps playing great football. ' ' '
Share: