out several of the charges against all thr | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Mar 22 '19
Each week during the 2016 college football season, I will offer my picks and best bets for the biggest games, and I will highlight a handful of other key matchups. China Jerseys .Last season, my selections went 104-33 (76 percent) picking the straight-up winners during the regular season and 74-61-2 (55 percent) against the spread.My selections are off to a much slower start this year,?at 29-15?straight up (66 percent) and 20-23-1?ATS. On the weekly podcast with Anita Marks and Doug Kezirian, my selections are 10-5-1 ATS on the year, so check that out this Friday.Here are my selections for this weeks big games.Note: All times are Eastern for Saturdays contests. Lines courtesy of Westgate SuperBook as of Wednesday morning.Arizona Wildcats at No. 24 Utah Utes (-9.5)10:00 p.m., Fox Sports 1Utah is coming off its first loss of the season after the Utes were stopped at the Cal 1-yard line at the end. I like the way quarterback Troy Williams is progressing, and true freshman running back Zack Moss and sophomore Armand Shyne have combined for 504 yards rushing during the past three games. Utah takes on an Arizona defense that is allowing 459 yards per game. Cheap Jerseys . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Discount Jerseys . The winner Saturday will remain in the elite 10-team field next year. "We talked about wanting to be disciplined and stick with our game plan and good things will come," Draisaitl said, who had two goals for the victors. http://www.cheapjerseysdiscount.com/ . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- Former Penn State President Graham Spanier testified Thursday that he issued a statement the day two of his top lieutenants were charged in the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse scandal, calling the allegations against them groundless, because he had developed deep trust in them.Spanier took the witness stand in former assistant coach Mike McQuearys lawsuit against the university. McQuearys lawsuit alleges the former presidents statement made it appear McQueary was a liar.Spanier said he came to trust vice president Gary Schultz and athletic director Tim Curley after working closely with them for years.This was an unbelievable injustice, that these two guys, who are like Boy Scouts, would be charged with a crime, Spanier said. And thats what was in my head as I was giving this opinion.Spanier began drafting the statement about a week earlier. He said thats when the universitys then-general counsel got a tip through the attorney generals office that Sandusky, Curley and Schultz would be charged.At issue was how Curley and Schultz responded after McQueary described to them in 2001 that he saw Sandusky sexually abuse a boy in a team shower.Spanier told jurors he directed the lawyer to share a draft with Curleys lawyer as a courtesy before it was published.Two of the people holding among the most important leadership positions in the university were going to be charged, Spanier said. And with my belief that after working daily with these individuals for about 16 years, and knowing their honesty, their integrity, believing that they never withheld information from me, and recollecting rather clearly that meeting from 2001 ... and what they described to me at the time, that it merited my unconditional support.Spanier was forced out by the board of trustees a few days later, and the next year he also was charged over his handling of the Sandusky matteer. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping. A state appeals court this year threw out several of the charges against all three administrators, but they remain accused of failure to properly report suspected abuse and endangering the welfare of children. They await trial in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.Spanier, who remains a Penn State faculty member, testified he had no knowledge of a 1998 police investigation into Sandusky showering with another boy on campus and had limited recollection of responding with Curley and Schultz to the 2001 incident McQueary said he witnessed.When the first set of charges was announced in November 2011, Spanier said he took the draft statement that day to about 30 of the universitys senior executives. He said he told them that if they were falsely accused of a crime, he would issue the same type of statement on their behalf.Everybody in the room worked with them for years and had exactly the same sentiment I had, Spanier testified.He said he wasnt thinking about McQueary when drafting the statement and didnt realize McQueary was a key figure in the investigation and an unnamed assistant described in the grand jury presentment used to help charge Sandusky.I was not casting aspersions on anybody else, because when that statement was drafted, I hadnt read the grand jury presentment, Spanier testified. My entire knowledge base was from a short conversation a decade earlier, and my focus was on these two individuals who I knew and worked with.McQuearys defamation, whistleblower and misrepresentation lawsuit is seeking more than $4 million in lost wages. The trial is expected to continue into next week.Sandusky was convicted of dozens of counts of child sexual abuse in 2012 and is serving a lengthy prison sentence but maintains hes innocent. ' ' '
Share: