cement his position as the leader on the UK Ope | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Mar 19 '19
NEW YORK -- The Detroit Pistons answered questions about whether they could find a capable replacement for Andre Drummond in their frontcourt. Air Max 90 Outlet Uk .The New York Knicks answered inquiries about whether they can defend.Now comes the follow-up for both teams.Drummond may be out with a sprained right ankle Wednesday when the Pistons visit the Knicks, who are coming off their best defensive showing of the young season.Drummond missed his first game due to injury since March 19, 2014. He had an MRI, which revealed no structural damage, and did not practice Tuesday. The injury is not serious and if he does not play in New York, Drummond will likely return Friday against the Cleveland Cavaliers.Without the leagues leading rebounder, the Pistons recorded a 104-88 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder Monday night. Drummonds absence was compensated for by Aron Baynes finishing with 20 points (one shy of his career high) and eight rebounds.I put it back on everyone else. Everything they got me, I was in great position, Baynes said. All the way through the team, they got me great looks and I just had to finish. On a couple of them, I didnt, so I still have some work to do.Technically Baynes comments are accurate since seven of his eight baskets were within 6 feet of the rim.Hes a starting center in the NBA. Hes just playing behind an All-Star, Detroit coach Stan Van Gundy said. You look around at all the starting centers and Arons a starting-caliber center in the league, so its not surprising he played as well as he did.Now comes a chance for Detroit to play well on the road. While the Pistons are 5-0 at home and each win has been by double-digits, the road has been a significant different story.Our defense at home has been great, Van Gundy said. Im not quite sure why we havent been able to duplicate that on the road yet, but were locked in at home.Detroit was 0-5 on the road before taking a 15-point lead through the first quarter of Saturdays 106-95 road win against the Denver Nuggets. During their first six road games, the Pistons have allowed 105 points per game while averaging 94.3 points.In their seventh road game, Detroit will encounter a team that gave up less than 100 points for the second time this season. The Knicks are 4-6 after getting a 93-77 victory over the Dallas Mavericks Monday night.A week after naming former interim head coach and current assistant Kurt Rambis as defensive coordinator, the Knicks held a team under 80 points for the first time since April 11, 2015, at Orlando and the first time at home since Dec 11, 2013, against the Chicago Bulls.Kristaps Porzingis and Carmelo Anthony had 24 points apiece and the Knicks took control over the final eight-plus minutes of the third quarter. During the second half Joakim Noah watched from the bench as coach Jeff Hornacek moved Porzingis to center while using Justin Holiday extensively at small forward.I got to figure out ways to be effective on that end of the floor, Noah said.Noah had six rebounds and was scoreless in 16 minutes. Noah has reached double-figures once and has been held scoreless twice, but any changes in the starting lineup are not occurring based on one half of Porzingis playing center and Anthony playing power forward.I dont think so. Noah does a nice job in there defensively, Hornacek said. It may depend on the team (were playing). Maybe we can go there (small) a little bit more often. But were not, just because we were good in the second half doesnt mean were going to change it.The move worked as Porzingis exploited his height advantage on Andrew Bogut while the Knicks gave up a season-low 26 points in the paint.Ill keep playing the four if they play me at the four, Porzingis said. And if Im at the five, Ill try to be as productive as I can at the five.Detroit took the first meeting with the Knicks when Tobias Harris scored 25 points in a 102-89 home win on Nov. 1. Drummond had nine points and 13 rebounds but has eight career double-doubles against New York.The Knicks have won 11 of the last 13 meetings at home. Nike Air Max 90 Sale Uk . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury. http://www.airmax90outletuk.com/ .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St.Michael van Gerwen wrapped up the UK Open qualifiers with a third victory in six events as he defeated Steve Beaton 6-2 in Sundays final in Wigan. The world No 1 was again in electric form as he followed up his victories in the second and fifth qualifiers by taking another £10,000 first prize to cement his position as the leader on the UK Open Order of Merit with a total of £37,750.Van Gerwen started his campaign on Sunday with wins over Michael Dawson, Nick Fullwell and Kevin Dowling to reach the last 16, where he produced a superb comeback from 3-0 down against Lee Evans. After defeating Phil Taylor in Saturdays semi-finals, the pair met again in the Qualifier Six semi-finals and the Dutchman proved too strong again as he raced to a 6-2 victory before putting a stop to Ian Whites impressive run in the semi-finals.The final against Beaton saw Van Gerwen quickly open up a two-leg lead before the former Lakeside champion was punished for missing two darts at tops when a 76 finish gave Van Gerwen a three-leg advantage. Steve Beaton lost 6-2 in the final in Wigan Beaton, 51, capitalised on two misses in reply to take the fourth leg before van Gerwen claimed another brace to open up a 5-1 cushion. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Online. Two missed darts at double seven from Van Gerwen allowed Beaton a reprieve, but the 26-year-old always looked comfortable as he fired home double eight in the next leg to claim victory.The day was also memorable for Richie Corner as the 53-year-old landed the first nine-darter of his career in a 6-0 victory over Steve Hine.In total, 96 professional players secured their qualification for the UK Open finals taking place at the Butlins Minehead Resort from March 4-6, where they will be joined by 32 qualifying amateurs.  Also See: Sky Bets darts odds On Sky TV Schedule/Results Features Get Sky Sports ' ' ' 
Share: