http://www.avalancheshoponline.com/authentic-sergei-boikov-jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
elaine95
elaine95 Mar 14 '19

BUFFALO Patrick Roy Jersey , N.Y. (AP) — Goalie Connor Hellebuyck initially took exception to the suggestion of the Jets being in a slump before being reminded their 0-2-1 skid had been Winnipeg’s longest of the season.“Yeah, that’s a good point,” Hellebuyck said. “I don’t know if I’d use that term (slump). Let’s keep the fans happy and excited about this one, and excited about where we’re going.”Hellebuyck made 35 saves and Blake Wheeler scored the go-ahead goal with 3:55 left in turning the Jets back in the right direction with an efficient 3-1 victory over the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday.Winnipeg avoided dropping four straight for the first time since going 0-3-1 in March 2017, and upped its lead atop the Central Division standings. At 35-18-3, Winnipeg earned its 73rd point to move two ahead of Nashville after the Predators’ 5-4 overtime loss to St. Louis earlier in the day.Winnipeg cleaned up its defense following a pair of 5-2 road losses at Ottawa on Saturday and Montreal in a game Thursday night in which the Canadiens outshot Winnipeg 53-34.“It was the first time all tear we’ve had to deal with that adversity,” said Wheeler, who scored his team-leading 28th goal and added an assist.“It was something we obviously talked about before the game that this was something we haven’t gone through yet. I think there’s a lot we can be proud of with how we played.”Defenseman Josh Morrissey set up the decisive goal by driving up the boards from the left point and slipping a pass through the middle and under Sabres defenseman Rasmus Dahlin. Wheeler was left alone at the right post, where he deposited the pass into the open side.Andrew Copp also scored and Mark Scheifele sealed the win by scoring into an open net in the final seconds.Jack Eichel scored and Carter Hutton had 26 saves for Buffalo. Coming off a 3-1 victory over Detroit on Saturday, the Sabres failed to win consecutive games for the first time since Dec. 11-13.Buffalo (27-21-7) dropped to 2-2-1 with two games left on a seven-game homestand.The Sabres also squandered an opportunity to gain ground in the race for the Eastern Conference final playoff spot. Buffalo remains 10th, two points behind Pittsburgh and a point behind Carolina.“Other teams are getting points and moving up the standings and we’re not,” Eichel said in discounting how well the Sabres played in a game they lost. “I think the moral victories are a thing of the past at this point. We didn’t get any points, and they win the game.”The Sabres lost despite outshooting the Jets 36-29 Womens Samuel Girard Jersey , while also going 0 for 5 on the power play. Worse still, Buffalo surrendered a short-handed goal on Copp’s breakaway to open the scoring 3:01 into the second period.Copp got loose up the left wing after Dahlin went to his knees and failed to keep a bouncing puck inside the blue line. Copp burst in and snapped a shot beating Hutton inside the far post.Eichel tied it nine minutes later and with Winnipeg’s Bryan Little returning to the ice after serving a slashing penalty. Playing give and go with Dahlin along the right boards, Eichel got the return pass, stepping into the circle and snapped a shot through a crowd, and with Hellebuyck screened by Buffalo’s Sam Reinhart.Hellebuyck referred to how tight the game was as being a good test in preparing the Jets for the final stretch of the season and playoffs.“At the beginning of the year, we’ve been scoring a lot. And now we’re realizing if we want to win, we’ve got to play some shutdown defense,” Hellebuyck said. “I thought tonight was the way we want to play. That’s probably what the playoffs are going to be like, tight to the end.”NOTES: Sabres D Zach Bogosian is listed day to day with a lower body injury and replaced by Matt Hunwick, who played just his fourth game since being activated off injured reserve in mid-December. … Jets D Dmitry Kulikov missed his second consecutive game with an upper body injury. … Eichel extended his point streak to five games, in which he has two goals and four assists.UP NEXTJets: Host New York Rangers on Tuesday night.Sabres: Host New York Islanders on Tuesday night. The Boston Bruins bolstered their chances of contending for the Stanley Cup with a bold move, acquiring Rick Nash from the New York Rangers a day before the NHL trade deadline.”Our players have made a push and I wanted to inch that along if we could and reward it in a way,” Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said.Boston added the veteran – one of the best available – in a market filled with players in the last season of their contracts and put him in the lineup Sunday night against the Buffalo Sabres.The 33-year-old Nash had 18 goals and 10 assists this season with the Rangers and his first point with the Bruins will be No. 800 in his career. Perhaps most importantly for Boston Semyon Varlamov Jersey , the 6-foot-4, 211-pound winger adds much-needed size up front and makes its second line even more formidable.”I think it sends a message that management feels that we’re a real good hockey team and he’s going to make us better,” Boston coach Bruce Cassidy said. ”Where that leads, you can only speculate, and I don’t want to go there now because it’s not even March.”NHL teams, both buyers and sellers, have until 3 p.m. EST Monday to make a deal.Teams toward the top of the standings, or on the bubble, may add a veteran with an expiring contract in exchange for prospects and picks. Franchises out of the playoff race are hoping to get anything they can to potentially help their future in exchange for players they may not re-sign in the summer.”The standings dictate who the buyers and sellers are at the trade deadline,” said Red Wings general manager Ken Holland, whose team will probably miss the playoffs for a second straight year.The Rangers, without a doubt, are rebuilding. They’re in eighth http://www.avalancheshoponline.com/authentic-sergei-boikov-jersey , and last, place in the Metropolitan Division with slim chances of extending their postseason streak to eight years.Nash didn’t fit into New York’s future plans as he played out the final season of an eight-year deal for $62.4 million he signed with the Columbus Blue Jackets. And, the franchise got a return for its asset instead of letting him go for nothing as an unrestricted free agent in July.The Rangers received Boston’s first-round pick this year along with forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, defenseman Ryan Lindgren and a seventh-round pick next year.Like Boston, Toronto has a comfortable cushion to earn one of the Atlantic Division’s three guaranteed spots in the playoffs and they’re not satisfied with that.The Maple Leafs added 35-year-old Tomas Plekanec and prospect Kyle Baun from Montreal in a multiplayer deal. Plekaneck has six goals and 24 points this season with the Canadiens and 605 points in his career, which was spent entirely with them.The Canadiens, on the verge of missing the postseason for the second time in three years, gave up a Czech forward for a second-round pick this year along with prospects Rinat Valiev and Kerby Rychel.”It’s 15 years of my life” Plekanec said. ”It’s my home. My kids go to school here. Their first language basically is French, but now I’m going to Toronto and there’s going to be playoff hockey and having a chance to play for the Stanley Cup.”After advancing to the Stanley Cup last year, the Nashville Predators were busy the day before the NHL trade deadline.The defending Western Conference champion Predators acquired Brandon Bollig and Troy Grosenick from San Jose for a sixth-round pick this year. They also traded forward Pontus Aberg to Edmonton for forward Mark Letestu and then dealt him to Columbus for a fourth-round pick.—

Share: