erence, illegal contact, etc. These plays are inclu | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Mar 12 '19
OAKLAND, Calif. Cheap Kosuke Fukudome Jersey . -- Houston Astros right-hander Collin McHugh said he doesnt spend much time thinking about his pitching history, but maybe he should make an exception going into his start against the Oakland As on Wednesday afternoon.McHugh is 5-1 with a 3.00 ERA in eight career starts against Oakland. Then there is his history of September success. McHugh is 10-0 with a 3.08 ERA in his past 12 September starts since 2014 as an Astro. This season, he is 2-0 with a 3.31 ERA in September.McHugh (11-10, 4.66 ERA) is 1-0 with a 3.63 ERA in three starts against the As this year, beating them in his most recent meeting on Aug. 30 in Houston. He threw six shutout innings with five strikeouts and one walk in six innings during a 3-1 victory.I cant think too far back, McHugh said Tuesday. I know I faced them a few weeks back, three or four starts ago, threw the ball pretty well against them. But its a good lineup. Any lineup you face in the major leagues is a major league lineup.Even at this point in the season, even with the guys that theyre bringing up, whether youre in contention or not, every guy here is a major-leaguer, and any teams capable of beating any team on any given day. Thats the beauty of baseball.The Astros won the first two games in the series and will go for the sweep Wednesday. After beating the As 2-1 in 10 innings on Tuesday night, Houston moved to within two games of the Baltimore Orioles for the American Leagues second wild-card spot.McHugh, who has a four-game winning streak, is coming off of one of his best starts of the season. He held the Seattle Mariners scoreless on two hits over seven innings Friday in a 6-0 victory. He struck out six and walked two.I felt good, McHugh said. Command-wise, I probably felt as sharp as Ive felt all season the last month or so.As rookie right-hander Daniel Mengden (2-7, 5.68 ERA) will make his 13th start of the season and is coming off arguably his best outing of the year. He blanked the Kansas City Royals on a season-low three hits over seven innings Thursday in a 14-5 victory. Mengden struck out six and didnt walk a batter for the first time this season. Before that start, he had allowed two or more runs every outing.Thats been one of my biggest flaws since Ive been up here, the amount of walks Ive had, Mengden said. If you look at my stats in the minor leagues, my walks have been good compared to strikeouts. When I got up here, I think thats where I got into most of my trouble.Free passes are the worst. Theyll kill you as a pitcher. Im just trying to throw strikes. Getting ahead is the biggest thing.As manager Bob Melvin said Mengden attacked hitters at Kansas City.It was just pounding the strike zone, Melvin said. I think hed been getting behind in counts, maybe picking a little too much at the corners as opposed to throwing the ball over the plate and getting ahead. And he did that really effectively, so hopefully the confidence goes into his next start because I think he understands when he throws the ball over the plate, hes got a good chance to get hitters out and stay in the game a little bit longer.For a while there, he was getting behind and throwing a lot of pitches. They were making him work pretty hard and he was coming out of games early, (but) I think he got past that in his last outing.Cheap Javier Baez Jersey . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. Cheap Mark Grace Jersey . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. http:///...yle-hendricks-jersey . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen comes in at No. 45 on ESPNs ranking of the 100 greatest players in the NFL. Thats a pretty big jump for a player who ranked No. 74 in the 2015 version of ESPNs top 100.As impressive as that leap is, Olsen might be in line for an even bigger jump in the 2016 season, one that could put him in contention with Rob Gronkowski for the honor of best tight end in the NFL. Here are some reasons to count on Olsens ascent:?Dominant 2015 numbersLets start by noting just how strong Olsens 2015 campaign was. Cheap Andre Dawson Jersey. . Here are his pass-catching metrics on a route-depth basis. (Note: The metrics listed below include all penalty passing plays, such as defensive pass interference, illegal contact, etc. These plays are included even when the pass attempt was directed at another receiver, hence the slight variance in the overall total category.) ' ' '
Share: