-6, 3.60) on Saturday. Michael Wacha (4-7, 4.42) | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Feb 20 '19
Plenty of misery stares Arsene Wenger and Arsenal in the face as he renews hostilities with Jose Mourinho on Saturday, this time at venerable Old Trafford against Manchester United in this early season crunch match of top-six teams in the Premier League table. Vans Old Skool Clearance .Wengers inability to defeat Mourinho at any point in his 20-year career at any venue in league and cup play continues to be the main storyline any time these two managers meet, and the pressure to end the spell ratchets higher as time passes. The incessant sniping between the two only adds to the drama, with Mourinho content to wear the black hat and antagonise the Frenchman seemingly to no end.Almost always, Mourinho is the first to add spice -- or vinegar depending on ones fan allegiances -- but hes also backed up all his pithiness with a 7-6-0 mark against Wenger.The one match he did lose, the 2015 Community Shield at Wembley Stadium, Mourinho made the defeat secondary by throwing his medal into the stands for a fan as he walked into the tunnel following the final whistle and claimed Arsenal lost their philosophy by playing that match in a defensive style similar to how he coached Chelsea.And after he took the Manchester United job this summer, he fired a not-so-subtle volley at Wenger, saying: There are some managers, the last time they won a title was 10 years ago, the last time I won was a year ago. If I have something to prove, imagine the others. To finish fourth is not the aim.For this match at least, Wenger is trying to downplay the animosity between the two and instead focusing on the fact Arsenal (7-3-1) -- fourth and trailing the other Manchester side on goal difference but only two points behind front-runners Liverpool -- have a chance to not only put more distance between themselves and United (5-3-3) but also keep themselves in the thick of the title race.Look, I dont think I have to describe our relationship, the manager said at his pre-match news conference Thursday. He will fight for his team and I will fight for my team and I think that is completely normal.You know, we didnt lose always. We have beaten them and there were many draws as well. I think I have won against every manager in the world during my 20 years here and I do not make this game a competition between two managers … I think I can understand that people want to create controversy, but its not that that makes the audience. What will make the audience is the quality of the game.Yet one can point to that quote with Wenger hanging onto that Community Shield win to claim Mourinho is still in his head. And its just not that Mourinho wins these matches, its the fact he completely flummoxes Wenger and Arsenal, one of the most flowing sides in all of Europe.The Gunners have only five goals in those 13 matches, failing to score on a Mourinho-coached team in a league or cup match since Gilberto Silva converted a penalty kick in the 43rd minute of a 1-1 draw on May 6, 2007, a span of 587 minutes.To take it one step further, that drought extends to 708 minutes in the run of play while Mourinho has been on the touchline, dating to Theo Walcotts goal in the 12th minute of the 2007 League Cup final, a match Chelsea rallied to win 2-1.And as the 14th clash between Mourinho and Wenger dominates the storylines while Arsenal look to extend their unbeaten streak in all competitions to 17 matches (12-4-0), there is also the matter of overcoming their struggles at Old Trafford.The Gunners woes there extend back to Mourinhos predecessors Sir Alex Ferguson, David Moyes and the man he replaced, Louis Van Gaal. The lone win in their last 10 trips (1-2-7) was a 2-1 victory in the 2015 FA Cup quarterfinals, and Arsenal have been outscored 20-8 in those nine league matches. The streak is highlighted by Uniteds 8-2 thumping on Aug. 28, 2011.Wenger will have almost all of his first-choice players available except for right back Hector Bellerin, who is expected to miss a month due to a knee injury suffered in the north London derby versus Tottenham Hotspur. There was worry striker Alexis Sanchez would not be available after picking up a leg injury in training for Chile, but the teams joint-leading scorer with eight goals put that to rest by bagging a brace in a World Cup qualifier win over Uruguay on Tuesday.I think were even more determined to achieve something and win the Premier League, but you have to take it slow, said Sanchez, who has two goals in five lifetime matches versus the Red Devils. We have a great team, our ambitions are high and we want to win the league.Wengers top two options to replace Bellerin on the backline are Mathieu Debuchy and Carl Jenkinson, though Debuchy has yet to appear in a match this season and Jenkinson has played just two games. Danny Welbeck, who scored the FA Cup winner against his former team, is sidelined with a long-term injury.Amazingly, Mourinho does not have a stranglehold on the Manchester United storylines. Captain Wayne Rooney, a forgotten figure of sorts having started just once in the clubs last six matches, made headlines for all the wrong reasons this week when tabloids splashed front-page pictures of him appearing inebriated at a wedding reception being held at the national teams hotel following Englands World Cup qualifier win over Scotland.Rooney opted to stay at the teams headquarters rather than venture out with teammates, but the pictures showed he had a good time all the same. He released a statement saying he apologised to both the England FA and interim manager Gareth Southgate -- soon expected to be named the full-time boss of the Three Lions -- but the incident puts more scrutiny on whether the 31-year-old Rooneys days with the national team are numbered both as captain and even as a player.Yet there could be a spot Saturday for Rooney, who has 13 goals and five assists in 30 lifetime matches versus Arsenal, because Zlatan Ibrahimovic is suspended due to a yellow card accumulation. And this match seemed tailor-made for Ibrahimovic, the teams leading scorer with seven goals in all competitions, given how he relishes both the spotlight and the villains role in these high-profile matches.Im sorry I am suspended, the Swedish forward told MUTV. I wish I wasnt as its a game I really wanted to play in. But I have trust in my teammates and the team. I know they can do fine without me.Mourinhos other options are the kiddie corps of Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial. Rashford, of course, burst onto the scene in last seasons fixture at Old Trafford -- scoring two goals in a three-minute span of the first half to power Manchester United to a 3-2 victory.The Red Devils have not won back-to-back games since three victories on the trot at the end of September, and given how this seasons race appears to be more traditional in that all six perennial Premier League sides and neighbours Manchester City occupy the top seven spots in the table, this is shaping up to be a contest United must pick up points to maintain their European aspirations.The team is eager to find a good streak and after defeating Swansea we are looking forward to playing Arsenal at the weekend, midfielder Juan Mata wrote on his blog. The top end of the Premier League table is very tight and we are going to work hard to keep a good streak and approach those top spots.This will be the 224th meeting between the sides in a rivalry that dates back to 1894. United hold the upper hand with 94 victories to Arsenals 80, and the teams have split the points on 49 occasions. Buy Cheap Old Skool .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Cheap Old Skool Wholesale .ca. Kerry,  Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count?  All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. http://www.cheapoldskool.us/ .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. ST. LOUIS -- While the Milwaukee Brewers are negotiating one of their toughest stretches of the season, the St. Louis Cardinals are seeking any kind of traction in a place that has suddenly turned cruel.When the teams start a three-game weekend series Friday night in Busch Stadium, Milwaukee will try to reverse its recent trend of losing to St. Louis while the Cardinals will attempt to reverse a stunning streak of futility.Thursday nights 4-2 loss to Kansas City marked St. Louis seventh straight home defeat, its longest streak of that kind since Aug. 2-15 of 1983, and dropped its record to 15-23 at home. Last year, the Cardinals didnt lose their 23rd home game until Sept. 7.A major factor in St. Louis inability to win when wearing white uniforms has been its defense, or the lack of it. The Cardinals made three errors in each of their two losses to the Royals and have been charged with an major-league-high 62 errors, leading to 28 unearned runs.By contrast, last years 100-win team that captured the NL Central title committed only 96 errors and gave up just 47 unearned runs.Its a surprise to all of us, outfielder/first baseman Brandon Moss said. Weve got a lot of guys who are all defensively sound. Its just one of those things that happens.You want to play well in front of your home fans. You want to give them a reason to get excited. For some reason, were not playing our best games here. I think over the course of the season, it will even out.Based on past hiistory, St. Vans Old Skool Cheap Online. Louis (40-38) may have an ideal foil to help make a course correction. The Brewers (35-43) are only 13-23 on the road and have lost 10 of 15, including an 8-1 decision Thursday to the Los Angeles Dodgers that wrapped up a 3-3 homestand.Milwaukee kicks off a six-game road trip with this series and is in the middle of a stretch where it plays 26 of 28 games against teams with winning records.Weve been in this stretch against these teams that are at the top of the league, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. Were battling.Milwaukee turns to veteran right-hander Matt Garza (1-0, 2.81) to start the trip. Garza is 4-4 with a 4.07 earned run average in 12 career starts against the Cardinals, and is coming off a win Saturday against Washington.Garza will have to be cognizant of St. Louis third baseman Jhonny Peralta, who is 17-of-37 in his career against the right-hander with two homers and five RBI.The Cardinals will counter with left-hander Jaime Garcia (5-6, 4.09). Garcia, who had a no-decision in Sundays11-6 win at Seattle, is 10-5 in 19 career outings against the Brewers, tied for his most wins against any opponent.St. Louis will start Adam Wainwright (6-5, 5.04) opposite Jimmy Nelson (5-6, 3.60) on Saturday. Michael Wacha (4-7, 4.42) goes against Milwaukees Chase Anderson (4-8, 5.45) in Sundays series finale. Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '
Share: