ress conference Sunday, and announced that the also-murky pool adjacent to | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Feb 10 '19
So much discussion this week as we enter the second round of NASCARs playoffs has been about the effects the third and final race of this round on competitors. Ryan Griffin Jersey .That race, of course, is Talladega!No team wants to pin its hopes on a perfect restrictor-plate performance, because most know perfect doesnt exist at NASCARs largest track.Talladega can be summarized by this: 95 percent of the race is rehearsal and the last 5 percent is where the chess match is played, and settled.Because of this unique form of competition, there is an elevated urgency to capitalize at Charlotte and Kansas leading up to Talladega.Martin Truex Jr. demonstrated in May at this track how one can control their own destiny. A fast car, a precise pit crew, a focused driver guided by a very wise crew chief.It resulted in a dominant win.All of those same ingredients guarantee little at Talladega, where a spotter might actually become the key component in determining a drivers fate.Those considered the fastest of the fast, Truex, Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski, need to capitalize this week and next to avoid entering Alabama with the same mindset one would carry to Las Vegas.Who Wins??This will be a heavyweight match between Harvick and Truex.Both teams are peaking at the most critical time, both drivers are the envy of others because it seems as though the No. 4 and the No. 78 carry speed and authority to each track regardless of its size and personality.The 1.5-mile racetracks are the most abundant on the schedule, they make up half of the Chase races and they are the strength of Harvick and Truex.Harvick gets the nod, barely, in what I believe will represent a preview between the two drivers most likely to battle for the title at a similar track in Miami.Austin Dillon will be the surprise transfer to round three. Surprise because hes never won a Sprint Cup series race, and hes a driver few expected to make it out of Round 1.The No. 3 team didnt qualify for the Chase by mistake. It has had moments of brilliance and thats come at high-speed racetracks.Their finishes at these three tracks this year were strong, and Dillon with more than 100 cup races under his belt appears comfortable and confident.Because it has led only eight laps all season, its hard to make a statistical case for the 3 team being one of the eight best teams.But Im going with my gut on this one as I believe the team has enough inertia to power into the next round.As I so often say, the Chase format depends on an underdog being in the equation to be most entertaining. We had that with Chris Buescher to begin the playoffs.The role now belongs to the 26-year-old Dillon in the second round.The Bottom LineIn sports youre taught dont look too far ahead, focus on whats in front of you: this game, this matchup, this race.The risk with worrying about a particular event down the road usually comes in the form of making mistakes in the near term?This time of the season requires laser focus; you must plan your work and work your plan.The vulnerability of competing at Talladega in two weeks will more than likely lead to teams making some extreme decisions during the Charlotte and Kansas races.Some will be rewarded, while others will lead teams to exactly what they were attempting to avoid ... depending on a Talladega win to advance to the next round. Jay Prosch Jersey . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Johnathan Joseph Jersey . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. http://www.officialauthentictexansstore.com/...-foreman-jersey.html . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring.RIO DE JANEIRO -- Abby Johnston had just advanced to the finals of the three-meter springboard Sunday, but she was still being asked about green water, brown water, chemical reactions and pool draining.The affable American, who dubbed the diving pool at the Maria Lenk Aquatics Center The Swamp, setting off a flurry of headlines and social media backlash from sensitive locals, could not escape it.Six days had passed since the pool first turned green, then slowly brown, with Rio officials Sunday blaming a contractor for mistakenly mixing hydrogen peroxide with chlorine, causing the adverse reaction. And who else but Johnston to ask for her reaction to it all?My chemistry brain is like ... I did reactions [in school] with that stuff, said the soon-to-be third-year Duke med student, shaking her head. Well, thats interesting.Interesting, and as it turns out, inconsequential to many divers who, confident that officials were being honest when they said it posed no health risk, simply did not seem to mind. Other than complaining about the smell, some even said the murky water was an advantage because it allowed them to better distinguish between the water and the sky as they flip and spin.For Johnston, the only American to advance to Sundays final as teammate Kassidy Cook missed the cut by one position in 13th place, nothing concerning the water color really matters anymore.Its one more day. Its fine. I dont care, said Johnston, who finished the semifinals in fifth place. Its swampy, but whatever. Im diving fine with it, so if they keep it, its fine withh me. Jeremy Lane Jersey. .Rio 2016 spokesman Mario Andrada called it an embarrassment to Rio organizers in a press conference Sunday, and announced that the also-murky pool adjacent to the diving pool, which had been used for water polo, will be drained and filled with nearly a million gallons of clear water from a nearby practice pool.Andrada promised the draining and refilling would be finished by Sunday for the start of synchronized swimming -- an event in which it is especially necessary to see underwater.Wow, thats going to be an impressive feat if they can pull it off, Cook said.The diving pool will remain in its current condition, something Johnston said has been an entertaining distraction.Its a fun thing for all of us divers to stand up there and talk about, she said. Were all in this together.Johnston said she got a lot of hate on social media after she called the pool The Swamp.Im not ragging on it, she said. I know theyre working their butts off trying to fix it. But its kind of funny; Ive never seen a pool change this way.She certainly wasnt the only diver to have fun with it.On Instagram, German diver Patrick Hausding, with hashtags #Hulk and #Shrek, posted a photo of himself and his teammates with a filter that made them all appear green.When I say its a swamp, Im kind of joking, Johnson said. It doesnt matter. It doesnt affect how I actually go on the board. I spend like a nanosecond in the water, so whatever. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' '
Share: