key Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap C | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Feb 8 '19
Go inside the numbers and matchups that will decide the showdown Tuesday night between the Cubs and Dodgers in Game 3 of the NLCS, and then vote for which team will win at the bottom of the page. Yellow Running Shoes Wholesale .What we learned in Game 2Clayton Kershaw allowed two hits in seven shutout innings and Kenley Jansen mowed through the final six batters as Adrian Gonzalezs second-inning home run off Kyle Hendricks held up in a 1-0 victory.?-- David SchoenfieldInside the pitching matchupWhen Jake Arrieta is on the mound: There arent too many pitchers who go 18-8 with a 3.10 ERA and we feel like it was a bit of letdown. Arrieta had a 1.74 ERA through June 22, dominating like he did in 2015, but he had control/command issues after that and posted a 4.44 ERA over his final 16 starts with 41 walks in 99? innings. Against the Giants in the division series, he allowed six hits and two runs over six innings, but walked just one batter with five strikeouts.Arrieta mentioned during an in-game interview the other night that he had sort of lost the feel for his cutter (or slider) midseason, but feels like he has it back and has regained the confidence to throw it at any time. Lets see what the numbers say:April: .037 average, 30 percent strikeout rateMay: .286, 12.8 percentJune: .176, 45 percentJuly: .429, 12 percentAugust: .286, 18.8 percentSeptember: .143, 12 percentIndeed, after throwing it 113 times in April and 125 times in May, he threw the cutter/slider just 51 times in August before ramping back up to 81 in September. Against the Giants he threw it 29 times, his most in one game since May. The Giants, like the Dodgers, have a lot of left-handed batters, so look for Arrieta to make that a key part of his arsenal once again.Otherwise, Arrietas fastball is still a tough pitch, averaging 93.8 mph with some late sink to it. Against left-handers, he tends to work the outer third of the strike zone with the fastball and he also works up and down the zone. Hell mix in his curveball as well. Even when he was struggling with walks, Arrieta did a good job limiting hard contact.??-- SchoenfieldWhen Rich Hill is on the mound: When he wasnt sidelined by blisters, Hill was one of the best starters in baseball in 2016, going 12-5 with a 2.12 ERA between the As and Dodgers, holding batters to a .195 average. On the surface, his repertoire seems pretty basic: A fastball from 88 to 91 mph and a big-breaking curveball. He throws both up in the strike zone -- 70 percent of his fastballs are in the upper half compared to the MLB average of 50 percent.What makes him so difficult to hit is the deception in his delivery. Both pitches are delivered on the same axis, what pitchers call mirroring. His curveball will also have different speeds and arcs to it. His fastball generates extreme spin, leading to fly balls and pop-ups. And just to throw a wrinkle into everything, he occasionally drops down and throws sidearm. Add it up and its a delivery and repertoire batters just dont see.He started Game 5 of the Division Series and Dave Roberts had a quick hook, pulling him after 2 2/3 innings even though six of the eight outs had come via the strikeout. Hed allowed three hits but none were hit that hard. Hes back on four days of rest, but Roberts will have a rested bullpen after the day off. -- SchoenfieldPlayer in the spotlightDexter Fowler. The Cubs are hitting .193 in the postseason with several regulars hitting below .200. Anthony Rizzo (1-for-23) and Addison Russell (1-for-22) are most notable, but we mentioned Rizzo here in the Game 2 preview. One reason the Cubs offense worked so well this year was Fowler getting on base in the leadoff spot. Hes just 4-for-24 (.167) with a .231 OBP in six games.?-- SchoenfieldDid you know ...In his NLDS Game 3 start, Arrieta threw 10 pitches that were taken, none of which were called a strike. That is the second time this season that batters took at least 10 of his pitches without a called strike; the first was Aug. 18 vs. the Brewers. ?-- ESPN Stats & InfoWhat will decide the game Tuesday nightArrietas heat. Arrieta limited opponents to a .198 batting against his fastball during the regular season, the best mark by any NL pitcher. The Dodgers were 1-15 in at-bats ending with a fastball when they faced Arrieta on May 31. However, Arrieta will be up against two of the better fastball hitters in the league in Corey Seager and González, who combined for the Dodgers only two hits in seven innings against Arrieta back in May. Los Angeles has a .824 OPS against fastballs this postseason and a .507 OPS against off-speed pitches. ?-- ESPN Stats & InfoChoosing sides: Who will win??The Cubs have been striking the ball well and that includes Game 2, when they had nothing to show for a few well-hit balls off of Kershaw. Its been a playoff-long slog for the offense but I like their chances against Hill. Arrieta will have to command his secondary pitches against all those L.A. lefties, but I expect him to be sharp. At this point, the hitters are due, and its awfully hard to beat the Cubs in back-to-back games. Im going with Chicago in Game 3. -- Brad Doolittle?This is bound to be another low scoring affair and Jake Arrietas history in this park will come into play. He simply likes everything about pitching at Dodger stadium. Joe Maddon will make small lineup changes which will benefit in a big way as the Cubs squeak by in Game 3. -- Jesse Rogers?You know that narrative about the Dodgers being extremely bad against left-handed pitching? The Cubs have been worse this postseason and up next is another lefty in Hill. They are fortunate, though, to have Jake Arrieta?pitching in Dodger Stadium, a venue that agrees with him. The Cubs figure to take Game 3 in what is developing into a back-and-forth affair. -- Doug PadillaWhere the series standsWere tied up and the Dodgers head home, where they were 53-28. They had a 2.97 ERA at Dodger Stadium and beat the Cubs two out of three here in late August. The Cubs will start John Lackey in Game 4 while the Dodgers remain undecided. That start may depend on whether Julio Urias is used in relief in Game 3.-- Schoenfield Buy Running Shoes . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. Orange Cheap Running Shoes . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. http://www.cheaprunningshoesonline.us/ . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Stuck in Toronto traffic on a sweltering summer day, Dominic Thiem is playing Pokémon Go to pass the time. While he zaps Spearows and Pidgeys in the back of the black Lexus that is shuttling him to York University, he also stretches his legs and confides, I dont feel so great right now.For much of the year, until Aug. 3, Thiem owned the record for most wins on the mens tennis tour, and his appearance in the French Opens semifinal, as well as tournament wins in places such as Acapulco, Buenos Aires and Stuttgart, launched him into the top 10. But a 22-year-old isnt supposed to make creaking sounds when he stretches, much less say things like, After Wimbledon, my whole system broke down.The Austrian entered Wimbledon in late June on a tear, having dispatched Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, and just about all other comers. But the wear on his wiry frame started to show in London. What should have been a walkover against unseeded Jiri Vesely turned into a slugfest in which Thiem lost three straight tiebreakers in less than three hours. He blames a virus when he says, After the tournament, I just needed to get healthier. I needed time to get over the flu.He hopped an Austrian Airlines flight to his familys farm in Lichtenw?rth, where he spent a week sleeping until 9 a.m., lounging over hourlong breakfasts of eggs and homemade bread with his mother, Karin, and getting reacquainted with his black Labrador and a pig named Rafa. It was kind of nice to live a normal life, even for just a couple of days, he says.But as he kicked a soccer ball around with school chums, it was hard to escape a hard truth: By playing all those matches, Thiem has taken a risky road to the top 10.Away from the court, he is gentle and warm, with a slightly disheveled pompadour that frames an open, earnest face. He is also unfailingly polite, down to earth enough to drive a Kia after racking up $2 million in winnings this season, and so trusting that he once dyed his hair a laughable shade of yellow on a dare, expecting others would follow. (None did.)He got into tennis when his father, Wolfgang, left his job as a local tennis instructor to join Gunter Bresnik, an Austrian legend who was coaching Boris Becker when Thiem was born in 1993. Bresnik took the boy under his wing, bringing him to tournaments around the world and training him to be tough by hiking through the Austrian Alps.The No. 1 priority in all his strokes is power, Bresnik says. And that takes a long time to get into someone who is naturally calm.As the scruff on his face attests, Thiem is a late bloomer. Guys like me, we have a different style that makes it hard to break in easily, he says. When I was 18, 19, I felt like I was just a boy, body wise and mentality wise. I had to fix everything together. On his 20th birthday, he was still ranked just 166th in the world.Now, my body has grown up, he said at the Rogers Cup last month. But the way he says it suggests that hes still unsure about how far he can push it.When he was 15, I knew that when Dominic became 22 or 23, hed start competing with the big men, Bresnik says. But his boy wonder pulled out of the German Open in Hamburg on July 11. And his comeback at the Generali Open, a tournament played in the resort town of Kitzbühel, four hourss by car from his home, faltered on July 20. Cheap Running Shoes Store. Celebrated as a favorite and mobbed wherever he went, Thiem was upset in the first round 6-3, 7-5 by Jurgen Melzer, the 36-year-old elder statesman of Austrian tennis who hadnt won against a top-10 player in five years.I didnt practice or play for 10 days, Thiem says. Then I practiced too much too early and came back to a bad situation.As his taxi finally reaches the Rogers Cup tennis center on July 25, Thiem makes his way to a side court. Instead of retiring from Kitzbühel, he hung around for a week and earned a spot in the doubles final, which he lost with an old friend, Dennis Novak.He says he didnt want to let down the fans whod paid to see him. But his decision to spend a week playing doubles on clay while the hard-court season was in full swing also served as his answer to those whove criticized him for skipping the Olympics. (I have no desire to go there, he says. I just dont feel the Olympic spirit.)He flew to Toronto that night, getting in at 5 p.m. and immediately going to practice. Now, the next morning, his hitting partner is Alexander Zverev, a 19-year-old German phenom who, with his flowing blonde hair, could easily be mistaken for a member of a boy band. Even though Zverev is 0-3 against Thiem, the two share an easy chemistry, and when they start to hit, the balls rise lazily over the net and then drop deep with thuds.As the 90-minute session wears on, though, the pace gets more intense. Thiem starts drawing the racket so far back on his forehand that he seems to risk tearing his arm out of its socket. When he swings it across his body, he needs his left hand to stop it, otherwise it would seem to be ready to fly out of his hands. On the backhand, he adds another 10 pounds of heft to the ball with a wrist-whipping release. (Thiem doesnt own the shot. Its comes courtesy of Stan Wawrinka. But Thiem is the best young practitioner.)Along the way, Zverev grows more respectful, stepping farther behind the baseline and netting balls he was making earlier. Thiem, seemingly in command of all his weapons, walks off the court in high spirits. But two days later comes another crash, this one the worst yet. Down 4-1 in the first set against the big-serving South African Kevin Anderson, Thiem calls for a trainer and retires with a hip injury.My coach didnt expect that Id do that well, Thiem says candidly later. Myself, for sure I didnt expect to do that well. But we will stick to the plan. Smiling wanly, he adds, Maybe I [should have taken] it easier, so now I have couple of problems.Thiem has a freakish ability to recall the draws of Grand Slams going back decades. He remembers when Rafa broke out at 17, and knows that its unlikely anyone will dominate at that age again. In tennis, 22 is the new 17, and Thiem might not hit his stride until the new 20.In the meantime, he seems to be going through a moment of self-discovery. Its both thrilling and exhausting to watch him test how much power he can take out of his body before it starts to fight back. You feel your own bones ache when he sighs and says, I really need some time on a beach. Wholesale NFL JerseysWholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys ChinaCheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' '
Share: