it all together, you couldnt ask for a better story. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap Col | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Feb 7 '19
                                      SAN MARTIN, Calif. Nike Air Max 97 Pink Womens . -- On a cloudy-turned-sunny Thursday morning at the U.S. Womens Open, youth wasnt a requisite for success. Given the LPGA is skewing younger than a One Direction audience, this was news.While Mirim Lee, a 25-year-old South Korean, took the first-round lead at CordeValle with an 8-under-par 64, a couple of players in close pursuit did their best to give experience a good name.Foremost among them was 2007 Womens Open champion Cristie Kerr, 38, who broke out of a 2016 slump by shooting a 67, 1 stroke better than 68s by Brittany Lang, 30, and Anna Nordqvist, 29.It might seem ridiculous at first glance to consider someone in her late 20s as an outlier. But consider that Nordqvist, who was 28 when she won the ShopRite LPGA Classic this spring, is the only LPGA winner older than 23 in 2016, as golfers aged 21 or younger have won 11 of 19 tournaments. Teenagers Lydia Ko and Brooke Henderson, Nos. 1 and 2 in the world, have won the past three major championships.I did get a lot of comments about options for retirement homes, stuff like that, after winning, Nordqvist said. But the level of talent out here is just unbelievable.(Nordqvist one-upped the youngsters with a ballstriking exhibition Thursday, becoming the first golfer to hit every green in regulation in the championship since statistics began being recorded in 1986.)The Open field typifies the youth movement. A majority of the 156 players (102) are in their 20s, and there are more teenagers (28) than 30-year-olds (22). Just four competitors are 40 or older, with Scotlands Catriona Matthew the oldest at 46.This is Kerrs 21st Open, and her opening round was a bright spot in what has been a mediocre year, especially after a productive two-win 2015 season. Kerr hasnt finished outside the top 20 on the LPGA money list since 2001, but is currently ranked 63rd with just a single top-10 finish.I have had a tough year thus far, but as we all know, playing golf as long as we have, it can change at any moment, Kerr said.Kerr three-putted her first hole for a bogey, then made six birdies in a nine-hole stretch starting on her eighth hole to move into contention behind Lee, who was in her grouping.I was very one-shot-at-a-time out there, which is kind of my motto for this week, said Kerr, who was buoyed not only by a new driver with a shaft that suits her, but by the positive mojo from Lees fine play.It definitely helps, and it was fun. We might have shot 59 best-ball, or close to it.Despite four bogeys between the two, they would have carded a best-ball 60. The third member of the grouping, Lizette Salas, also broke par with a 70, but Kerr believes the easier pickings could be short-lived.An Open is always an Open, but I think it played a little easier than I think anybody expected this morning, she said. The course is firming up. Well see what the USGA is going to come up with for the rest of the week. Greens are holding a lot better than we expected. This is such a pure golf course and it definitely allowed low scores. Did anybody think there was an 8-under out there? Im not sure. But I was glad to get off to a good start and take advantage of the conditions.Although Kerr turned professional at age 18 after graduating from high school in 1996, she didnt win an LPGA event until her sixth season on tour. Hitting her stride as more international players joined the circuit, Kerr has won 18 tournaments. Only 26 players have won more LPGA titles, and of that group, only five women born after 1960 -- Annika Sorenstam, Karrie Webb, Lorena Ochoa, Se Ri Pak and Laura Davies -- have more victories than Kerr.Kerrs fellow 38-year-old, Pak, is retiring after this season, but Kerr has a different plan.I still want to play for a while, Kerr said. Im just going to keep on grinding. Im only seven points away from qualifying for the Hall of Fame. Im just going to keep on grinding and try to get one point at a time. And getting 20 or more career wins would be huge.Whatever Kerr is able to achieve from this point, it will be done against an inexorable tide of much younger competition.I feel very, very old, Lang said. I played some practice rounds with the college girls. And when you start not knowing who the college coaches are, thats when you know youre old. These teenagers are from all over the world -- theyre so poised and theyre so prepared, its pretty cool to see. And theyre not afraid to rock and roll on the big stage at a young age.Matthew is one role model for bucking the trend. So is Hall of Famer Juli Inkster, 56, who is working as a TV announcer this week but has made the cut in eight of 11 tournaments this season, competing against some players who are almost 40 years her junior.Julis always been one of my idols, Kerr said, and shes always pushed me to get better. Playing for her in the Solheim Cup last year was such an inspiring experience. It depends on how healthy you stay, your love for the game, your work ethic. I want to play as long as I have a passion for the game. The golf ball doesnt know an age.And sometimes its even gloriously and totally oblivious. Cheap Air Max 97 White .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at Boston Strong - a citys recovery from tragedy. Air Max 97 Undefeated White For Sale .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. http://www.cheapairmax97sale.us/ . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. OMAHA, Neb. -- Caroline Hogue tells her parents, Matt and Laura Hogue, that she plans to attend the University of Nebraska to study nursing and biomedical engineering.She wants to help people and to make a difference in the field -- and she wants it to happen near the hospital that provided her with a chance to live.Caroline, 10, underwent a small bowel transplant in September 2006 at Nebraska Medicine, the Omaha facility associated with the University of Nebraska Medical Center. With her parents and 12-year-old sister, Rachel, Caroline has spent much of the past two weeks back in Nebraska.Her father, Matt, is the Coastal Carolina athletic director. The Chanticleers have won five games at the College World Series, including Tuesday nights 5-4 win over Arizona to force a decisive Game 3 in the CWS finals (Wednesday at 8 ET on ESPN).Nearly 10 years ago, Caroline beat far greater odds to win a battle of more significance.They provided us a life-saving miracle, Matt Hogue said. There have been ups and downs, but shes almost 10 years post-transplant, and basically everything is normal in how [she] goes about her daily life.Caroline is set to begin fifth grade this year. She participates in gymnastics and has played basketball and softball. She handles a few dietary restrictions but serves as a major success story and an inspiration to many who learn of her story.Just ask Coastal Carolina right fielder Connor Owings, the Big South Player of the Year and recent draft pick of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Owings suffers from a kidney condition that will eventually require him to receive a transplant. (His mother, Sherri, is a match for Connor.)Youd never know anything happened to her, Owings said of Caroline. Its very inspirational. I see it in her spirit. Shes such a happy little girl. She loves the Chants, and she loves to come support us.Its great when I get to see her after a game and give her hugs.Matt and Laura knew of a medical issue with Caroline before her August 2005 birth. She spent 45 days as a newborn in intensive care in Columbia, South Carolina, as her parents searched for answers. Caroline was diagnosed witth Berdon syndrome and endured difficulty with her bladder and colon in addition to major intestinal problems. Air Max 97 Undefeated Black For Sale. She wasnt supposed to survive, said Matt, then an associate AD at Coastal Carolina and broadcaster for the Chanticleers baseball, football and basketball games.The Hogues discovered the transplant program at Nebraska Medicine, sending Laura and Caroline to live in Omaha in April 2006 for placement on a waiting list. Dr. Wendy Grant performed the surgery on Sept. 8 of that year. Caroline returned home in February 2007.Matt, promoted from interim AD to the permanent position in February 2015, has long desired a return to Omaha with coach Gary Gilmores team, whose rise to prominence accelerated after Carolines recovery.We became so familiar with this city and how it embraces the College World Series, Matt said Monday night from the Coastal Carolina suite behind home plate during the third inning. It became more of a goal for me to make it.On June 18 in the Omaha Baseball Village outside of TD Ameritrade Park, the Hogues helped register organ donors at a Nebraska Medicine drive. Caroline gave away towels and sunscreen and told potential donors of her story.Two days later, the Coastal Carolina players and coaches visited Nebraska Medicine. Caroline remembers nothing about her first stay there, of course, but she carries a connection and affinity to the hospital, Matt said.She led the Chanticleers through the doors. Many of the doctors and nurses who treated Caroline in 2006 and on return visits greeted them.Matt described the reunion with Dr. Grant as over-the-top emotional.I think it was for Dr. Grant, too, Matt said, because, obviously, being in her position, you see all different outcomes. To see Caroline is incredibly fulfilling. It was a happy time. She wasnt coming there to get treatment like so many other of the pediatric transplant patients.This trip has been 12 days of heaven. To have my family here and tie it all together, you couldnt ask for a better story. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' ' 
Share: