game came on May 28 when he threw a two-hit shu | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Jan 21 '19
Ottawa goaltender Craig Anderson has identified better home performances as a key to the Senators climbing into playoff contention. Air Jordan 4 Retro Ireland . After an impressive win on home ice their last time out, another could be on the way with the last-place Carolina Hurricanes heading to Ottawa Saturday night to complete a back-to-back set. The Senators (18-17-8) havent won back-to-back home games in over two months, going 5-5-2 since a 4-0-2 start at Canadian Tire Centre. Weve got to take care of business at home, Anderson said. The teams that are in the playoffs right now have got really good home records. For us, weve got to win some games and put some pressure on the teams in front of us. Thursdays 4-1 victory over Montreal fit that description with the Senators in tune offensively. Theyve managed 13 goals over a 2-1-0 span with 10 different players scoring. Only Edmonton and New Jersey have fewer home wins than the Senators, who are 9-5-4 in their own building. Montreal, like Carolina will be, was playing the second of a back-to-back. Ottawa took a 2-1 first-period lead and is outscoring opponents 7-3 in the first over the last three games. It felt like we had more energy coming out from the start here and we never let off the gas, defenseman Erik Karlsson told the teams official website. I think for the first time in a while we played three periods really well. It gave us the win. Anderson stopped 25 shots and has allowed three goals just twice in 10 starts, going 6-2-2 with a 1.78 goals-against average in that time. Anderson has a 1.88 GAA over a 4-2-2 stretch against Carolina. Should Anderson get the start, hell face Anton Khudobin. Cam Ward started in Fridays 3-0 home loss to Vancouver, but Khudobin replaced him after two periods. Khudobin got off to a terrible start this season, going winless over his first 10 starts with a 3.11 GAA through his first nine. Hes won his last three, all in shootouts, and is 3-1-0 with a 1.10 GAA in his last five appearances. Hes also won his four career games against Ottawa with a 1.75 GAA and .952 save percentage. The shutout suffered at the hands of the Canucks ended a 2-0-1 stretch on which the Hurricanes (14-25-4) had shown some offensive aptitude with 11 goals. For the season, though, their 2.00 goals per game rank ahead of only Buffalo, and theyve averaged a league-low 1.60 in their last 20 contests. Coach Bill Peters was complimentary of Canucks goalie Ryan Miller, but also critical of his own offense, which has a league-low 6.75 shooting percentage. Youve got to tip your hat to him, but I think we could have made it quite a bit harder, Peters said. On a positive note, the Carolina penalty kill was 2 for 2 and is 30 for 30 over the past 12 games. Ottawa was 0 for 4 on the power play against Montreal but is 4 for 12 (33.3 percent) over three games. Carolina won two of three in last seasons series, giving it victories in six of the last eight meetings while limiting the Senators to 12 goals. Eric Staal has four goals and three assists in his last six games in the series. Cheap Air Jordan 4 Ireland . Rob Klinkhammer and Mikkel Boedker scored 63 seconds apart in the first period for the Coyotes, who handed the Kings their third straight loss and took over sole possession of eighth place in the Western Conference. Mike Smith made 36 saves. Air Jordan 4 Ireland Online . “The fact that he was willing to do the deal the way we wanted it to be done showed that he wanted me to be a part of something great," Lowry said, noting that Ujiri willingness to sign off on the proposal that both Lowry and his agent presented to the GM was the final straw that convinced him to return.PHOENIX -- Brad Ziegler and the Arizona Diamondbacks are treading water in the NL West. Paul Goldschmidt hit a two-run home run in the first inning and Trevor Cahill and three relievers made it stand up in Arizonas 2-1 win over Los Angeles on Monday night. With Los Angeles fourth loss in a row and the Diamondbacks third straight win, the Dodgers magic number to clinch the NL West remains four. The win also means the Dodgers will need to win the final two games of the three-game series to celebrate on the Diamondbacks home field. "Until we are mathematically eliminated we have to win every night," Ziegler said. "Weve got to go at it, especially when we are playing the team we are chasing. Los Angeles has lost 11 of 12 but the Dodgers once 13 1/2-game lead over Arizona only has shrunk to 9 1/2 with 12 games to play. The Diamondbacks are only in slightly better shape in the NL wildcard race, trailing the trio of Pittsburgh, St. Louis and Cincinnati by eight games with Washington three games ahead. "We cant worry about what they are all doing," Ziegler said. "We have to go out and play our game." The Diamondbacks managed only two hits against Los Angeles starter Hyun-Jin Ryu, marking the third time in club history they have won with two hits or fewer. "We were fortunate but sometimes you have to win 2-1 with two hits," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "We got two hits but we made the most of them." Goldschmidt raised his NL-leading RBI total to 116 with his 33rd home run off Ryu (13-7). Goldschmidt has homered in each of his last two games after an 83-at-bat drought. "He threw a fastball first pitch and I was looking for something over the plate," Goldschmidt said. "(Ryu) pitched great." Ryu (13-7) went the distance for his second complete game. He walked one, struck out four and retired 23 of the final 24 batters he faced. "I threw 100 pitches but that one pitch was the decision-maker of the game," Ryu said. "It was an error on my part. I believe no matter how good a pitch it was. If it is a home run, its a mistake." Cahill (7-10) won for the fourth straight decision, holding LLos Angeles to one run on two hits over 5 2/3 innings. Air Jordan 4 Ireland. Ziegler pitched the ninth for his 11th save but not without some drama. Michael Young hit a pinch-hit single to centre and Skip Schumaker singled to left. Juan Uribe tried to bunt the runners over, but Ziegler fielded the ball and threw to third to force Young for the first out. Nick Buss hit a soft bouncer to first for the second out as the runners advanced. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly then sent up Matt Kemp, who was activated off the 15-day disabled list earlier Monday. Ziegler got ahead 0-2 on two swinging strikes, wasted a pitch and then struck out Kemp on a lunging swing at on a curveball well low and outside.. "Ive faced him a lot even before I got to Arizona, facing him in batting practice," Ziegler said. "I know what hed trying to do and he knows what he wants to do against me. Luckily, I came out on top tonight." Cahill was nearly untouchable over the first five innings, allowing only a single by Punto to start the game and a two-out walk to Puig in the first before retiring the next 13 in a row. But the right-hander quickly ran into trouble in the sixth with the Diamondbacks still holding a 2-0 lead. Cahill walked Ryu, Punto doubled to the wall in left-centre and Mark Ellis walked to load the bases. Cahill retired Adrian Gonzalez on a line drive to left and the runners held, but he then walked Puig to force home Ryu and cut Arizonas lead to 2-1. Josh Collmenter came in on a double switch and escaped the jam, striking out A.J. Ellis and getting Schumaker on a broken-bat grounder to second to leave the bases loaded. "Hes done that in the past," Gibson said of Cahill. "He just starts to lose it. You could just see he was aiming the ball." NOTES: Goldschmidt is tied with Reggie Sanders for eighth place on Arizonas single-season home run list and moved into sole possession of third place in RBIs behind Matt Williams 142 in 1999 and Luis Gonzalezs 142 in 2000. ... Cahill has not pitched past the sixth since August 22, a span of four starts. ... Ryus other complete game came on May 28 when he threw a two-hit shutout against the Los Angeles Angels. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys SaleAuthentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '
Share: