That new contract A.J. Hinch got | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
laiyongcai92
laiyongcai92 Jan 20 '19

HOUSTON (AP) —  from the Houston Astros also came with a huge set of expectations.“When I hired A.J. http://www.lionscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-kerryon-johnson-jersey , at the press conference, I said, ‘A.J.’s going to be our manager when we win the first World Series for Houston,'” general manager Jeff Luhnow said Thursday.“I’m now telling you that A.J. is going to be the manager when we win the second and hopefully the third World Series for Houston,” he said.The reigning champion Astros — and current AL West leaders — rewarded Hinch with a deal that extends his run in the dugout through the 2022 season. His contract had been set to expire after this year with a club option for 2019.Astros stars Jose Altuve, Carlos Correa, George Springer and Alex Bregman were among the players who attended the announcement at Minute Maid Park. The group sat toward the back of the room and Hinch made sure to thank them.“I wouldn’t be here and I certainly wouldn’t be getting this opportunity if it wasn’t for you,” Hinch said. “This game is about players it will always be about players and to be your manager is by far the best job I’ve ever had in baseball.”The 44-year-old Hinch guided Houston to its first crown last season. He took over in 2015 and has led the Astros to a regular-season record of 353-266 and two playoff appearances.“To be the manager of the Houston Astros means the world to me and it has since the day Jeff and Jim hired me to be here,” Hinch said. “That goes to the business ops people Authentic Kerryon Johnson Jersey , baseball ops people, the people behind the scenes, the clubhouse personnel, the training staff and ultimately the players I am fortunate enough to lead.”“Who wouldn’t sign up to be the manager of the Houston Astros?” he said.The Astros led the AL West by 2 1/2 games over Oakland going into Thursday night’s home game against the Angels.“I’m not going to let these two down,” Hinch said, referring to Luhnow and Astros owner Jim Crane.The former major league catcher previously managed the Arizona Diamondbacks.Luhnow says Hinch “is aligned with the vision of our front office, has made a great connection with our players, and has earned the respect of everyone in the clubhouse.”Said Bregman: “He believes in his players and he trusts his players. Those are two things that are really the most important.” ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Blake Snell is locked in on the Tampa Bay Rays‘ longshot postseason hopes Authentic Deshaun Watson Jersey , not thinking about winning the AL Cy Young Award.Snell took a no-hit bid into the seventh inning and got his major league-leading 19th win, leading the Rays over the Cleveland Indians 3-1 on Wednesday.“I know that we’re winning and that’s the most important thing,” Snell said. “That’s what I’m focused on, that’s what we’re focused on. All the individual stuff I’ll look at later.”Snell (19-5) lost his bid when Jose Ramirez led off the seventh with his 38th homer. Snell won his team-record seventh straight start, striking out nine and walking two in seven innings. He has allowed two earned runs or fewer in 16 consecutive home starts.Chaz Roe and Jose Alvarado each got three outs, completing a one-hitter. Alvarado earned his eighth save in 11 chances.The Rays are 8 1/2 games behind Oakland for the second AL wild card with 17 left. The Athletics routed Baltimore on Wednesday night and open a three-game series at Tampa Bay on Friday night.Snell’s ERA dropped to 2.03, second in the AL behind Boston’s Chris Sale at 1.96. Snell’s 1.24 ERA at home is best in the majors.“He’s got the whole package,” Indians manager Terry Francona said. “He’s got velocity, breaking ball http://www.houstontexansteamonline.com/deshaun-watson-jersey , changeup, and seeing how much he’s improved from one year to the next, that’s pretty special stuff.”Cleveland’s magic number to clinch a third consecutive AL Central title remained at three.Ji-Man Choi hit a two-run homer in the first off Carlos Carrasco (16-9), then took a well-inside pitch from Carrasco in the sixth and briefly stared at the mound. Choi hit a winning homer off Brad Hand in the ninth inning on Monday night.“Every at-bat I can hit a home run you feel great, especially today helping to contribute to a win for Snell,” Choi said through a translator.Cleveland’s Edwin Encarnacion stared and shook his head after a high and inside pitch from Snell in the fourth.“It was nothing,” Encarnacion said. “No hard feelings. He tried to go inside. No problem.”Carrasco (16-9) gave up three runs and six hits in seven innings.Josh Donaldson, acquired by Cleveland from Toronto on Aug. 31, hit into a double play as a pinch-hitter in the eighth. He went 0 for 4 Tuesday in his Cleveland debut Deshaun Watson Jersey Elite , his first big league game since May 28.Cleveland center fielder Jason Kipnis, left fielder Michael Brantley, catcher Yan Gomes and first baseman Yonder Alonso were also rested.Tommy Pham extended his career-best hitting streak to 16 games with a two-out infield single in the first and scored on Choi’s drive to center field.TRAINER’S ROOMIndians: Donaldson is to start at third base on Friday.Rays: CF Kevin Kiermaier didn’t provide details for what the team called a “general illness” that kept him out the lineup the previous two games. “Time to rest really helped,” said Kiermaier, who had a fourth-inning sacrifice fly and tripled during the sixth.NUMBERSRamirez’s homer was his first since Aug. 17, ending an 88 at-bat drought. … Tampa Bay OF Mallex Smith stole two bases and has 33 overall. … The game was played in 2 hours, 20 minutes.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Mike Tomlin (1-5) is to face Detroit LHP Matthew Boyd (9-12) on Friday night.Rays: RHP Diego Castillo (3-2) will start a bullpen game for Tampa Bay Friday night against Oakland RHP Edwin Jackson (5-3). The Rays took three of four from the Athletics in Oakland from May 28-31.

Share: