rseyrsey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jan 14 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO --?Forget the pressure. Cheap Air Max 90 Running Shoes . Forget the hype. Simone Biles is immune to all of it.Dynamic on vault. Effortless on beam. Jaw-dropping on floor. Brilliant all over. And now, finally, an Olympic champion.The 19-year-old American soared to the all-around title on Thursday by putting the gap between herself and the rest of the world on full display under the Olympic spotlight. Her total of 62.198 was well clear of the scores of silver medalist and Final Five teammate Aly Raisman and Russian bronze medalist Aliya Mustafina.Biles became the fourth straight American woman and fifth overall to win the all-around title while cementing her reputation as the best of her generation and perhaps ever. She burst into tears when her final total was posted and her long journey to this moment ended.The 2.1-point margin of victory is larger than the combined margin by which she won her three world all-around titles (2.075).Im very excited and relieved. Ive finally done it, Biles said. You never know the feeling until it hits you. I kept reminding myself to do the routines I had practiced, which I did. When Aly started crying, I had to tell her to stop because I knew Id start crying. I had to focus. It means the world to me.I was thinking, Ive finally done it, and when that hits you, you cant stop the emotions. I was very proud.Biles has spent the past three years dominating her sport. She has won 15 world championship medals, including 10 gold, with routines so astonishing in their mix of ambition and precision that 1984 Olympic champion Mary Lou Retton called Biles the greatest gymnast Ive ever seen.One last test awaited in Brazil, a contest not so much between Biles and the rest of the field as between Biles and the burden of oversized expectations. Heading back to her familys home in Spring, Texas, with anything less than a fistful of golds would have been a disappointment.Biles earned her first gold Tuesday while serving as the exclamation point to retiring national team coordinator Martha Karolyis going away party. Although Biles insisted she has never looked ahead during her long run at the top, thats not exactly true. A portion of her floor exercise routine -- the one that includes her signature tumbling pass -- is set to Latin music that would fit right in on the street outside the Rio Olympic Arena. Its not a coincidence.Biles was adopted by her grandparents as a toddler, and she was discovered by coach Aimee Boormans mother during a field trip to the gym where Boorman was coaching. Biles hasnt lost an all-around competition since the summer of 2013, and the win streak should go on as long as Biles wants.Although Mustafina took a small lead through two rotations, it was a mirage. Balance beam and floor exercise -- where Biles is the defending world champion -- lay in wait. Biles went back in front with a 15.433 on beam and capped it with a 15.933 on floor.Im not a celebrity. Im just Simone Biles, but its amazing to be recognized for all of this success for myself and for Team USA, she said. Im not the next Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps. Im the first Simone Biles. To me, Im just the same Simone. I just have two Olympic gold medals now. I feel like I did my job tonight.Raisman hugged Biles gently as they awaited the final score -- a mere formality -- and tears appeared around Biles glittery red, white and blue eyeliner when the vision she once wrote in a scrapbook became a reality.Raismans performance was a bit of revenge from four years ago, when she tied for third but lost the bronze to Mustafina on a tiebreaker. This time, the 22-year-old team captain, whom the American gymnasts call grandma, was well ahead.She blew kisses to the crowd after her floor exercise, overcome by a comeback that at times seemed in doubt.It made me not think about things too much and made me more confident, Raisman said. I knew going into tonight I was going to get the silver medal because I was going to hit four events.Biles and Raisman are just the second pair of American gymnasts to sweep the top two spots in the all-around. Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson did it in 2008.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Cheap Air Max 90 2018 .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place. Cheap Air Max 90 Womens .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.cheapairmax90fromchina.com/ . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. Its not hard to see how James Vinces batting could seduce you.If you were to walk past a net session in which he was batting, you could not help but be impressed. The sweetness of the timing and the range of his shots would set him apart from most. At times, he makes batting look beautiful.You would never say that about Alastair Cook or Gary Ballance. If you were to walk past them in the nets, you could be forgiven for concluding that they are far more limited players. With their reluctance to drive, their determination not to be drawn into high-risk strokes and their emphasis on crease occupation and accumulation, you might conclude they were not in Vinces class.But not everything we like the look of is good for us. While Vince puts away the poor ball with pleasing style, he is now eight innings into his Test career and has yet to register a half-century. And while Cook and Ballance may not be the prettiest batsmen, they have developed a method that works for them and understand that batting is just as much about patience as it is about hand-eye coordination. There are no extra runs for artistic impression in Test cricket. Vinces continued selection is a victory for style over substance.His dismissal here exposed a familiar fault. Unsure whether to play or leave a delivery just outside off stump, he ended up doing a bit of both and a lot of neither. It was a decent ball, for sure, but it was the sort of ball that Test players will receive often. If he is to sustain a career at this level, it is the sort of delivery he needs to be able to handle.Vince could have been out several times before that. Early in his innings he flicked one from Rahat Ali through midwicket. The crowd applauded and the ball whistled to the boundary, but it was an unnecessarily high-risk stroke. Instead of playing the ball on the ground, Vince had flicked it up and over the midwicket fielder. Next delivery, Rahat angled one across him and Vince flashed at it. He made no contact, but it was a familiar error.And thats the problem. For, six Tests into his career, he does not appear to be learning quickly enough to justify extending his stay in the side. He has not learned that batting, at Test level at least, is as much about denial as flair, as much about the balls you dont play as those you do, as much about discipline as it is about dashing. Six Tests into his career, he has done nothing to refute the suggestion that he is an unusually elegant destroyer of mmediocre bowling, but that he lacks the defensive technique to cope with more demanding attacks. Cheap Air Max 90 Grey. That difference between his batting average in each division of the County Championship - about 50 in the second division and about 30 in the first - remains telling.There is another telling statistic that speaks volumes for Vinces approach. While he has scored 69 percent of his Test runs in boundaries (admittedly in a small sample size), Englands two best batsmen, Alastair Cook and Joe Root, have both scored 47 percent of their Test runs from fours and sixes.This suggests that, while Root and Cook are prepared to wait for the poor ball to punish, Vince goes looking for it. It suggests, too, that while Root has the all-round game required to score freely without taking undue risk, Vince is over-reliant upon the big shot to keep the scoreboard moving. It suggests he is lacking in temperament or technique. That those flashing drives are as much a weakness as they are a strength.Ballance provided an example for Vince to follow on the first day at Edgbaston. While there is sometimes little that is pretty about his batting - to be fair, he played some lovely strokes here - he knows his game, he understands his limitations and he has the patience to wait for the poor ball before launching into an aggressive stroke. It is, in short, substance over style.He has not changed his technique much. Despite a mountain of criticism towards the end of his first run in the side, he stuck with his method - he admits he attempted to change but felt less comfortable at the crease and scored fewer runs - and resolved to execute it better. It would be premature to suggest that this, his highest Test score since April 2015, cements his place in the side, but it was a significant step in that direction.Whether his contribution helped England to a competitive total is debatable. While Ballance suggested England thought 300 was around par, pitches at Edgbaston tend to be at their best for batsmen on day two and three. When England reflect on their dismissals, they may conclude that several of their batsmen were the architects of their own downfall - none more so than Root, who pushed at one that left him, and Jonny Bairstow, who wafted away from his body - and that Pakistan have been given an opportunity to take advantage. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: