made the difference in the second half. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Jan 13 '19
SAITAMA, Japan -- A memorable first for Mark Hunt. Cheap Vapormax Nz Sale . In a battle of hard-hitting heavyweights, Hunt (10-8-1) proved the superior striker, becoming the first MMA fighter to ever knock out Roy (Big Country) Nelson (20-10). He used a crushing uppercut to score a second-round knockout of Nelson in the main event "UFC Fight Night" on Saturday at the Saitama Super Arena. Hunt and Nelson went toe-to-toe from the start, with each scoring massive punches that threatened to end the fight at any moment. Nelson, the superior wrestler, also looked to take the fight to the floor on a handful of occasions, but Hunt was able to stay on his feet through the opening round. As the second round began, Nelson finally dragged the fight to the floor, but Hunt rolled and bucked until he shook free and got back on his feet. The 40-year-old from New Zealand, known as the Super Samoan, then began to time Nelsons attacks. When Nelson tried again to take the fight to the ground, Hunt countered with a massive uppercut that sent Nelson crashing face-first to the canvas. Hunt walked away with his hands raised while referee Leon Roberts signalled the end of the fight at the 3:00 mark of the second and awarded Hunt the TKO. Hunt, now 5-1-1 in his past seven appearances, appears certain to receive a marquee booking in his next fight. When asked who hed like to face next, Hunt simply replied, "Anyone in the top-10." In the nights co-feature, Myles Jury (15-0) registered the biggest win of his career, taking out Japanese legend Takanori Gomi (35-10) in just 92 seconds. Jury came out firing kicks, but as he settled into a rhythm, it was his hands that did the damage. After avoiding a few wild Gomi haymakers, Jury scored flush with a right hand, putting Gomi down. Jury then pounced and sealed the first-round win with a flurry of punches. "To come to Japan for the first time and have a win over a veteran like Gomi is amazing," Jury said after the fight. "Its a great stepping stone in my career." The 25-year-old Jury is now 6-0 in the UFC. Despite fighting for the first time in more than two years, the 39-year-old Yoshihiro Akiyama (14-5) looked in peak form. He dominated Amir Sadollah (6-5) en route to a dominant decision. Sadollah tried his best to kickbox the judo master but Akiyama was able to get inside and take the fight to the floor in all three rounds. From there, Sadollah struggled to regain his feet and suffered the loss by a unanimous decision. Akiyama had 30-27 scores on all three judges cards. "I was reassured that this is where I belong," Akiyama said after the win. In a womens bantamweight matchup, former title challenger Miesha Tate (15-5) won by decision over newcomer Rin Nakai (16-1-1). And while Tate was awarded scores of 29-28, 30-27 and 30-27, the victory didnt come without some challenging moments. Tate used her height and reach advantage to strike from range but the stocky Nakai still managed to get inside and twice took her opponents back. Tate, however, turned aside each advance and controlled most of the action en route to the unanimous-decision. "I wanted to keep enough distance between us and not get caught by her takedowns," Tate said. "I was trying to be strategic and aggressive but not overzealous. "I had to be careful when she was on my back." Cheap Vapormax Nz Clearance . -- Novak Djokovic benefited from an erroneous call and claimed he didnt realize he had broken the rules. Cheap Vapormax Nz Shoes . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington.SAINT-ETIENNE, France -- Saint-Etienne made up ground in the race for a Champions League spot by defeating third-place Lille 2-0 Friday in the French league. Brazilian striker Brandao opened the scoring with a header in the 55th minute before winger Franck Tabanou volleyed home from close range to double the lead in the 61st. Lille was down to 10 men in the 62nd when midfielder Florent Balmont was red-carded for dissent. Saint-Etienne bounced back from a French Cup elimination against fourth-division side Cannes on Tuesday to pull within three points of Lille. "The team that wanted it the most tonight won the match," Saint-Etienne coach Christophe Galtier said. "We showed courage to make things happen. My players were rewarded for their efforts." The hosts struggled to provide some decent service to Brandao in a tactical first half. Lille centre back David Rozehnal cleared dangerous crosses from Saint-Etienne wingers Romain Hamouma in the 27th and Tabanou in the 33rd. The visitors did not create much either but were more threatening from set pieces. Lille defender Simon Kjaer headed a corner over the bar in the third minute before Salomon Kalou connected with a free kick from Balmont in the ninth for a header that Saint-Etienne goalkeeper Stephane Ruffier palmed away. One accurate final ball made the difference in the second half. A cross from Saint-Etienne lefftback Faouzi Ghoulam eluded the Lille defence, but Brandao beat the offside trap to head in at the far post. Cheap Vapormax Nz. Six minutes later, Tabanou converted a rebound after Lille goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama parried a volley from Hamouma. Balmont spotted a foul from Tabanou in the build-up to the goal and argued with the referee, who sent off the Lille midfielder. "I told him there was a foul and that it was a disgrace," Balmont said. "In the heat of the discussion, I told him he was rubbish. To me, thats not an insult, thats what is frustrating. But he took it as an insult." Saint-Etienne could have added a third goal in the 78th but Tabanou failed to convert from six yards a low cross from Hamouma. Ruffier kept a clean sheet by saving a close-range effort from Lille substitute Ryan Mendes in the 86th. "We played for about an hour and then we faded after conceding that goal," Lille coach Rene Girard said. "We gave up. We will sort out those problems together. Its in the heads. We will have to put a few heads in the fridge. We must get back to things that are more down to earth." On Saturday, its: Marseille vs. Valenciennes; Bastia vs. Bordeaux; Lorient vs. Guingamp: Nice vs. Ajaccio; Rennes vs. Evian; and Sochaux vs. Montpellier. On Sunday, leader Paris Saint-Germain hosts Nantes, Monaco visits Toulouse and Lyon faces Reims. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '
Share: