-as-hell show, thats relatable for all.Ericka N. Goodman-Hughey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 13 '19
ZHUHAI, China -- British No. Air Max 95 Pas Cher . 1 Johanna Konta overcame Samantha Stosur in straight sets to make a winning start to her WTA Elite Trophy campaign.The top seed beat her eighth-seeded Australian opponent 6-4, 6-2 in just under one hour and 20 minutes, with both sets seeing Konta take a 4-0 lead after securing early double breaks.The pair are in the Azalea group of the competition, alongside Frances Caroline Garcia. There are four groups, with the winner of each progressing to the semifinals.Konta, who narrowly missed out on competing at the WTA Finals last week, has had a breakout year to be ranked 10th in the world. In 2016, the 25-year-old has reached the Australian Open semifinals, won her maiden WTA Tour title and become the first British woman since Jo Durie in 1984 to make the worlds top 10.She was last month named the WTAs most improved player of the year.Elsewhere in the first round, sixth seed Timea Bacsinszky was also a 6-4, 6-2 winner, easing past Timea Babos. Achat Air Max 95 Pas Cher . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. Air Max 95 Pas Cher Solde . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. http://www.airmax95france.fr/ . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. Within the first few minutes of Issa Raes new scripted comedy Insecure,?which premieres Sunday on HBO, shes boldly confronted by assumed societal expectations placed on the modern woman. Which are: You should be married with children, settled in your career and of course, have it all figured out before turning 30 years old.Her character, also named Issa, is 29 and doesnt have it all figured out. She lives in Los Angeles with her loafer boyfriend Lawrence (Jay Ellis), and works at We Got Yall, an education nonprofit that does academic outreach for inner-city youth. And is unfulfilled in general.In the opening scene, the children of We Got Yall instantly recognize her insecurities the moment she steps into the classroom, and force her to face them. One-by-one, they shout out: Why do you talk like a white girl? Whats up with your hair? Why arent you married? And the most biting statement of all: Aint nobody checking for bitter ass black women anymore.Her character quips back black women arent bitter. We are just tired of settling for less -- meaning settling for lesser education, jobs and/or relationships.Rae, a 31-year-old Stanford grad, and the shows co-creator, executive producer and protagonist, refuses to settle. [As black women], we dont get to be completely human with flaws and boring moments [on television]. We dont get to sit in the minutiae of just being black. Its always high stakes and we dont really get to see a real slice of life. Thats something that was important for me to depict, said Rae. I dont have constant drama. My issues ... on a scale, are very minor.But, just because the show is loosely based on Raes day-to-day interactions, doesnt mean they are only relatable to a specific audience. I am completely open and honest about my life and being a black woman [in the series]. But, the show is not the voice of all black women. Its about my very specific experience, but has elements that are relatable for all.?Having cut her teeth as the star and creator of the Awkward Black Girl?web-series (debuted in 2011 and wrapped in 2013), Rae is accustomed to creating authentiic stories that are crafted on her own terms. Air Max 95 Nouvelle Collection. However, Insecure, a full Hollywood production, is more polished, without being watered down.Co-created with Larry Wilmore of the now defunct Comedy Central news-talk program The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore -- Insecure feels genuine, yet digestible for a mass audience. And Rae thinks the diversity of her writers room has something to do with that. Our writers room looks like this country. We have young people and old people. People from the LGBTQ community. Theres black, white and Latino people. It was important for me to have that diversity on the team. It should be relatable to all people, she noted.?As a coming-of-age tale for metropolitan professional women, Insecure can be lazily compared to Lena Dunhams Girls.?But, according to Rae, the two series have very difference voices. I dont see the comparison. We have a different perspective. I love [Lenas] take, but our show is more grown-up. Lena and I are just both young women with shows on HBO, Rae added.However, as accomplished as Rae is, she still battles her own set of insecurities. And of course, shes afraid of the show being misunderstood, or worse ... failing. I want people to embrace the show. I dont want people to think that its risky to take on a show that focuses on women, or even black women. I have to campaign for others to have opportunities in future, she said.A line from LA-based rapper Kendrick Lamar s 2015 song Alright rings out in the shows introduction. The lyrics: All my life I has to fight ... Hard times like yah ... But if God got us then we gon be alright, which seems fitting. Issa Rae is going to be alright.Shes bringing quality content to a mass audience that just happens to feature black women in lead roles. There no social justice spin, no soap box statements, its just a funny and smart-as-hell show, thats relatable for all.Ericka N. Goodman-Hughey is a senior editor at espnW. Follow her on Twitter @ericka_editor Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '
Share: