they made a positive statement with what they did.One of those asked | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 8 '19
STRASBOURG, France -- Caroline Garcia ensured a suspenseful second day in the Fed Cup final by downing two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova 7-6 (6) 6-3 to draw France level with the defending champion Czech Republic 1-1. Nike Vapormax Chine .Garcias victory restored some hope in the French camp after sixth-ranked Karolina Pliskova won a marathon third set against Kristina Mladenovic to give the Czechs the first point on Saturday.The Czechs are bidding for a fifth title in six years this weekend. They won the most recent tie between them in the semifinals last year, and are favorites to become the first team to win three consecutive Fed Cups since Spain from 1993-95.After Kvitova came back from 2-4 down in the opener, Garcia -- the No. 1 French player -- prevailed in the tiebreaker by taking risks. She closed out the set on her second chance with a crosscourt backhand that Kvitova could not return.Garcia was broken at the start of the second set but made the most of Kvitovas unforced errors to claim four consecutive games. Kvitova saved a match point with a forehand winner in the ninth game and Garcia converted her second with a shot on the baseline that surprised her Czech rival.Caro played a fantastic match, I had never seen her play at such a high level, France captain Amelie Maursemo said. Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day.Sunday features the reverse singles, and finishes with doubles, when Alize Cornet and Pauline Parmentier face Czechs Barbora Strycova and Lucie Hradecka.Depending on how the tie goes, Mauresmo could send out Garcia and Mladenovic in the doubles. They won the French Open, and came from a set down to win the decisive rubber against the Netherlands in the semifinals.Pliskova, the U.S. Open runner-up, earlier recovered from a second-set blip to beat Mladenovic 6-3, 4-6, 16-14 after the French player came close to achieving a stunning comeback on the indoor hard court at Rhenus Sport arena.Pliskova used her deep groundstrokes to take control at first but showed her nerves midway through the second set, allowing Mladenovic back into the match with a series of mistakes.Mladenovic rallied from 5-2 down in the decider and saved two match points with two big serves, including an ace, to level at 9-9. The Frenchwoman cracked on her serve in the 30th game when she was broken at love after almost four hours. Nike Vapormax Promo . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. Vapormax Pas Cher . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. http://www.paschervapormax.fr/ .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. KENT, Ohio -- Kent States players made their home opener memorable, and it had little to do with winning.In a sign of unity they hope catches on, the Golden Flashes invited fans onto the court to stand with them during the national anthem before Wednesday nights game against Mississippi Valley State.Moments before tip-off, Kent States players went into the crowd and each of them asked a fan of a different race to join them while the schools Flasher Brass pep band performed the anthem.We understand all of the issues going on in our world, sophomore point guard Jalen Avery said. In these times, we felt it was important to show a sign of unity in our community. Our meaning behind it was to let everybody aware of all the things that are going on in our country know that we wanted to make a stand for unity. That was basically our symbol, and we wanted to treat everybody as one.Kent State coach Rob Senderoff said the players approached the coaching staff with the idea.It takes courage for our players to make a statement like this, and I believe iit is a representation of the unity in our campus community, Senderoff said. Nike Vapormax En Solde. Theres a lot of people protesting the national anthem, or protesting the election, or religion. You see all of that nationally, and our guys wanted to make a statement. To me, it was a tremendously positive statement. Hopefully everybody can recognize that. I have a lot of African-American players on my team, and they have faced discrimination because of the color of their skin.The statement they wanted to make was that `I am greater than that. Im a person. We are all people, and we are going to try and bring some unity here on campus. I think they made a positive statement with what they did.One of those asked to join the players, was Kent State president Beverly Warren.The team plans to continue to have fans on the court for every home game at the M.A.C. Center this season.Kent State defeated Mississippi Valley State 93-63. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball JerseysHockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '
Share: