than one. Correa might not get multiple, but he has a good chance | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 7 '19
SPRINGFIELD, N. Cheap Nike Zoom Online .J. -- Until a couple weeks ago, Rich Beem didnt know if he was going to play at the PGA Championship.Good thing he did.Beem shot a 69 in his opening round Thursday, his first sub-70 score in a major since 2006. The 45-year-old followed with a 71 Friday to make cut for the first time in the PGA Championship since 2012.Not bad for a guy who has played only one tournament -- the PGA Championship -- in each of the last two years.Beem took to Twitter on Friday afternoon to share his excitement: Holy crap I made the cut!!! Thanks for all tweets, sorry I cant reply to them all!!! Cheers!Saturday, Beem had four bogeys and two birdies for a 72. He was at 3 over for the tournament, no chance of winning, but assured his first tournament check since 2013.Just dont look for any comeback.As fun as this has been, this is the most golf Ive played in a very long time and by the time we are done for tomorrow, it will be like, `Thank you. That was awesome. Im done now. But Im hoping to go out there and put my best foot forward, Beem said.Battling tendinitis in his right shoulder, the 2002 PGA Champion said he was unsure if the pain would affect his swing at Baltusrol, and he didnt want to go out and hit a driver 260 yards when Rory McIlroy is hitting 360.No thanks. Ive got better things to do with my time, he said.But his shoulder felt better over the last few weeks, good enough for Beem to tee it up.I came up here a week ago and was able to hit golf balls and play 18 holes without it hurting so that was a good sign, he said.A full-time golf analyst for Sky Sports in Britain and very part-time golfer, Beem was given only five golf shirts from his sponsor, Horseshoe Bay in Texas. He didnt exactly know how to take it.I think they were thinking I would wear the first on Wednesday, Im going to go with that one, but no, I would have run out of shirts, Beem said. I had to do laundry on Thursday night. My wife did it for me and I just washed a few extra.Working as a television analyst even while competing, Beem was planning on wearing his Sky Sports shirts for the weekend, not his normal golf shirts, but he isnt one to complain. After his early round on Saturday, Beem was off to his full-time job to follow the leaders in the afternoon.Its nice to put the other shirts on for a little bit and now I have to go put the other ones on and go out to work again, Beem said after his Saturday round.Beems 69 in the first round topped that of Jordan Spieth, Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson and Zach Johnson. That didnt last, and Beem wasnt surprised. This was all about sticking around for four days.To shoot 69 the first day was amazing but I think overall making the cut was even better, Beem said. Its been awesome. You get out here and this is what you want to do, even if you dont play golf full-time like I did.Beem has made it to the weekend round at the PGA Championship three times since his 2002 win.The former cellphone and car stereo salesman pulled a stunner in 2002 at Hazeltine when he beat Tiger Woods by one shot. Woods finished with four straight birdies, but the cheers didnt rattle Beem. He rolled in a 35-foot birdie putt on No. 16 and held his nerve to the end.He has a lifetime exemption to play in the PGA, and the only year he missed was in 2010 because of a back injury. For the last two years, its the only tournament he plays.It never enters my mind that I am taking somebody elses spot because its not their spot, its my spot, Beem said. Ive earned the right to play here every single year and thats my right, and Ill keep playing in it until I feel like Im not competitive anymore. Nike Zoom Discount . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. Nike Zoom Shoes Online . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. http://www.cheapnikezoom.us/ . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. Several aces take the hill on Wednesdays full 15-game MLB slate, but are any of them worth using? We take a closer look at each of them and go over the best options on the mound and at the plate.PitchingEliteCorey Klubers projected Game Score trails Chris Sales by a point, but he gets top honors because of his matchup, as the Cleveland Indians and the Minnesota Twins continue a set in Progressive Field. That said, despite their recent losing ways, the Twins are still scoring runs. Its their pitching that has been suspect. In fact, Kluber gets the edge over Sale because he has a home game with Pat Dean as his mound opponent.Just when it seems Sales days of high strikeouts are history, he strings together five outings with 46 whiffs in 38? innings. The return to dominance will be put to the test when the Chicago White Sox?go into Comerica Park against the?Detroit Tigers, who have the second-fewest strikeouts against left-handers in the past month. That, combined with drawing Justin Verlander as his mound foe, drops Sale behind Kluber in terms of DFS potential. That said, neither Sale nor Kluber profile as great DFS investments, especially in tournaments.SolidVerlander has a home date with the Pale Hose. Though the importance of the win in DFS varies in accordance with the format and site, Verlander profiles as the top cash game option on the docket. The White Sox are below average versus righties, giving Verlander a good chance of tossing seven frames for the 17th time in 28 outings.David Phelps was a popular GPP pick last Friday night, and things were going swimmingly for three frames, until the San Diego Padres knocked him out in the fourth. Next up for the Miami Marlins right-hander is a road affair in Citi Field against the?New York Mets, who dont offer the same strikeout upside as the Friars. However, Phelps is still in play for GPP action.Gio Gonzalez, on the other hand, sets up nicely for GPP deployment with a date in Citizens Bank Park against the strikeout-prone Philadelphia Phillies. The hosts sport one of the leagues lowest weighted on-base average (wOBA) versus southpaws in tandem with a generous strikeout clip in this scenario.Steven Wright had an odd return from the disabled list last week, really struggling early before getting it together and ending on a strong note with five scoreless frames. Next up for the Boston Red Sox knuckleball artist are the Tampa Bay Rays in Fenway Park. Normally, the oppositions strikeout rate is paramount to the analysis, but it might not be as applicable in this case. Wright has not faced the Rays, though R.A. Dickey has started three games against them with mixed success. As usual with knuckleballers, you either believe or you dont. Ownership on Wright is usually low, so hes a contrarian option, though some might see the Rays high whiff rate and go for it.Felix Hernandez and Drew Smyly have been pitching well, but both are saddled with challenging road affairs. Hernandez leads the Seattle Mariners into Arlington, and Smyly and the Tampa Bay Rays draw the Red Sox. Consider them only as contrarian options.Well close out the solid section with the guy who fell one out short of a no-hitter in a 133-pitch effort: Giants lefty?Matt Moore. Most will avoid him based on the high pitch count and because he faces the Diamondbacks, who hit lefties well in their hitter-friendly venue. However, the Snakes fan at a 23 percent pace versus southpaws, so this could be a chance to get Moore with low ownership.StreamersNew York Yankees rookie?Luis Cessa?has tossed consecutive six-inning efforts, each with five strikeouts and one walk. The Kansas City Royals are hitting better over the second half, but if you need a mid-week boost, Cessa should be safe to use without putting ratios in jeopardy.Matt Wisler was a very popular acquisition in seasonal formats after stifling the Diamondbacks last time out. As someone who always seems to time Wislers good and bad outings wrong, I snickered at the pickups. However, considering Wisler will take on the meek San Diego Padres and their 25 percent strikeout rate against righties, I can sign off on using the Atlanta Braves righty Wednesday. Not only that, since lefties give Wisler the most trouble and the Friars arent especially strong from that side of the plate, I can see using Wissler in GPP play as opposed to stacking against him. Cheap Nike Zoom Sale. Bartolo Colon usually hovers near but doesnt surpass the 50 percent cut-off we use to highlight possible spot starters. He is at 40 percent heading into his meeting with the Miami Marlins in the Big Apple, and it should be higher.St. Louis Cardinals?rookie righty Luke Weaver might not go deep into the contest with the Milwaukee Brewers in Miller Park, but if you need some whiffs, Weavers 9.6 K/9 meshes well with the hosts 25 percent strikeout clip versus righties.Ricky Nolasco is a below average hurler, but he doesnt beat himself with walks. When hes working at home in Angels Stadium, the runs-suppressing venue has him in play, especially against the below-average attack of the Cincinnati Reds.AvoidFour arms with very risky matchups land in the avoid tier based on the projected Game Score of 45 or below. If you need some help gauging the risk of someone youre interested that isnt covered in todays notes, please ask in the comment section below or send a tweet to @ToddZola.Maybe if Twins lefty Pat Dean were facing the Indians at home hed be worth the risk, but he is a risk by the lake. The Tribe has assembled a solid lineup with platoons and switch-hitters that are effective against all pitchers.Colorado Rockies rookie Jeff Hoffmans minor league numbers hinted he could be effective, even in Coors Field, and he might prove that correct. However, for now he still needs to prove it and is thus best left on the bench against the Los Angeles Dodgers.On the other end of that matchup is Dodgers righty?Ross Stripling. Although he has done a good job keeping the ball in the yard, hes too risky against the lefty-heavy Rockies lineup in Coors Field.Injuries to the Pittsburgh Pirates rotation have kept Ryan Vogelsong in the rotation. In some matchups, he could be in play, but not against the Chicago Cubs, especially in Wrigley Field.HittingAs hinted in the end of the pitching notes, theres a plethora of places to look for hitting. Youll want some exposure to Coors Field while filling in the blanks elsewhere. With Dodgers righty Stripling on the hill, Charlie Blackmon, David Dahl and Carlos Gonzalez are elevated for the home team with Gerardo Parra and Daniel Descalso in the mix. On the other side, Chase Utley, Corey Seager, Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Reddick and Andrew Toles all enjoy the platoon bump over Hoffman.The non-Coors stack with the highest exposure will probably be the right-handed contingent of the Houston Astros facing Oakland Athletics fill-in southpaw Ross Detwiler. George Springer, Alex Bregman, Jose Altuve, Carlos Correa, Evan Gattis and Yulieski Gurriel make up one of the most daunting top six in the league.The other chalky stack will be Washington Nationals righties against southpaw Adam Morgan. Trea Turner, Jayson Werth, Anthony Rendon, Wilson Ramos and Ryan Zimmerman are a formidable unit.Part of the allure of the Indians lineup are three switch-hitters in play against all pitchers, namely Carlos Santana, Francisco Lindor and Jose Ramirez. With mediocre southpaw Dean on the hill, add Rajai Davis, Mike Napoli and Brandon Guyer to the list.Matt Garza has had issues with lefties, so while the St. Louis Cardinals are predominantly right-handed, finding a spot for Matt Carpenter or Brandon Moss gets some exposure. Though, if you want to be even more of a contrarian, try incorporating the likes of Jedd Gyorko, Stephen Piscotty and Jhonny Peralta from the right side as their ownership will be low on a slate with so many great options.Lastly, the Cubs are in play against almost every pitcher, let alone Vogelsong on the Wrigley Field rubber. Anthony Rizzo will be popular but as with the right-handed Redbirds, Kris Bryant and Addison Russell might have lower exposure than normal because they lack the platoon edge.Most likely to hit a homer: Carlos CorreaThe bigger challenge might be pegging which Astro hits more than one. Correa might not get multiple, but he has a good chance at knocking one out of Minute Maid Park.Most likely to steal a base: Travis JankowskiThe Padres run as soon as they get off the bus. Look for Jankowski to continue to pile up the pilfers. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '
Share: