Were (on) a little bit of a pitch count with some of these guys | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 29 '18
BOULDER, Colo. Cheap Nike Tanjun Online . -- Colorado fifth-year senior Xavier Johnson looks like hes rounded back into form for the Buffaloes.Johnson scored a career-high 27 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, and Wesley Gordon had 10 points and nine boards, leading Colorado to a 75-60 win over Wofford on Sunday.Johnsons double-double was his first since February 15, 2015 when he had 10 points and 13 rebounds in a win over Stanford. He missed last season after tearing his Achilles tendon during offseason workouts.I really like the way hes helping lead this team, Colorado coach Tad Boyle said. One thing we know Xavier does, for the most part, night in and night out, is he competes. I thought his competitiveness rubbed off on the other guys.George King scored all 10 of his points in the second half for the Buffaloes (5-1), who overcame a lackluster start to win their 12th straight at home. The junior didnt attempt a shot in the first half.King, though, hit all four shots from the field in the second and helped Colorado push its lead to 11. Johnson, whose teammates simply call `X, had a quick seven points as part of a 12-6 burst to extend the lead to 69-55 with 2:30 remaining.Johnson finished 9 of 14 from the field and had three of his teams six offensive boards.I think were all capable of scoring, Johnson said. I think we can all dominate. Its just a matter of who wants to dominate. . I just want to win, so its whatever I have to do. Period.Fletcher Magee led Wofford (1-5) with 15 points, while Cameron Jackson and Ryan Sawvell each had 10. The Terriers have lost four straight.Early on, Wofford looked like the more energized team and trailed by just one point at the half. The Terriers were shooting 50 percent from the field.But Colorado took over in the second, holding Wofford to 37 percent shooting after the break and finished with a 32-25 edge on the boards.We played well but as so often times happens, bigger, stronger, faster athletes got the best of us in the second half, Terriers coach Mike Young said. I look forward to watching (the Buffs) on TV. I dont look forward to playing them again, I can tell you that.BIG PICTUREWofford: Turnovers continue to be a problem for the Terriers, who had 13 on Sunday and 85 in their first six games of the season.Colorado: The Buffaloes struggled early for second time in six days after giving up 50 by halftime against Notre Dame on Monday in the semifinals of the Legends Classic. They responded and won their 14th straight game at home over a non-conference opponent.OLD FOESDerrick White and Eric Garcia both went to high school around Denver and rekindled their rivalry on the court Sunday.Garcia stole the ball from White and fed Jackson for an easy dunk early in the first half. White blew past Garcia for a layup and dunk on two of Colorados next three possessions.I was giving him a hard time for missing some free throws because I know how good a shooter he is, Garcia said of White, who went 4 of 8 from the line. Its just good friendly competition.POLL IMPLICATIONSLook for the Buffs to stay just outside the Top 25 with a loss to the Fighting Irish and a win over No. 22 Texas at the Legends Classic. They received four votes in Week 3.UP NEXTColorado hosts in-state rival Colorado State on Wednesday. The Buffs have won three of the past four meetings.Wofford hosts Mars Hill on Tuesday. Cheap Nike Tanjun Wholesale . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. Nike Tanjun For Sale . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. http://www.niketanjuncheap.com/ . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Texas Rangers took the first step Friday night toward what they hope will be a World Series championship when they clinched the American League West crown.One day after beating the Oakland As 3-0, the Rangers will try to zero in on their next goal, securing home-field advantage for the AL playoffs.Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish will face As rookie right-hander Raul Alcantara in the second game of the three-game series at the Oakland Coliseum on Saturday afternoon.Its important to start, no matter who youre playing, at home, Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre said. Obviously we went through a tough series with Toronto last year and we played the last game at their place. Sometimes when you play at your place its a little easier for you because you got the fans behind you and youre more familiar with the stadium you play in.Texas is 91-63, but Cleveland, which leads the AL Central by seven games, is 90-63. And Boston, which leads the East by 5 1/2 games, is 90-64.Its really important, said Rangers left-hander Cole Hamels, who pitched seven shutout innings for the win Friday. Theres a comfort knowing youre (playing) in front of your fans. So thats something we got a lot of work to do because there are some good teams that are going to be trying to do the same this week.Darvish, who missed the entire 2015 season while recovering from Tommy John surgery, will make his 16th start of the season and second straight against the As. A week ago in Arlington, Darvish gave up seven runs on seven hits over five innings in an 11-2 loss to Oakland and Alcantara. Nike Tanjun Shoes On Sale. He struck out eight and walked four.In his past three starts, Darvish is 0-2 with a 7.47 ERA over 15 2/3 innings. He allowed 13 runs and 17 hits during that span while striking out 21 and walking eight.Alcantara will make his fourth career major league start and second straight against the Rangers in a rematch with Darvish.Alcantara allowed two run on five hits over 5 2/3 innings at Globe Life Park a week ago. He struck out three and walked none.I thought he pitched really well, As manager Bob Melvin said. Every time out he seems to get more and more comfortable, and more so last time than any. Were (on) a little bit of a pitch count with some of these guys and an innings count. Whether its him or (Jharel) Cotton, were not going to overextend them. But I thought pitching in that ballpark against that lineup and having the success he did was big for him.What was working well for Alcantara against the Rangers?Everything, Melvin said. The velocity on the heater was good, his secondary pitches were good. He kind of put everything together that maybe in his first two starts, certainly in his first start, wasnt there. We saw the last game what our development people have been saying about him. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros JerseysCheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers JerseysCheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Share: