th seven for 75 yards in Vancouver. The slotback will probably again | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 19 '18
ATLANTA -- Freddie Freeman and Nick Markakis homered, rookie Aaron Blair had a career-high 10 strikeouts and the last-place Atlanta Braves damaged the Detroit Tigers playoff hopes with a 5-3 victory Saturday night. Discount Nike Football Jerseys .Detroit, trying to return to the postseason for the second time in three years, began the day a half-game behind Toronto for the second AL wild card. The Blue Jays were still playing in Boston.The Tigers will have ace Justin Verlander on the mound Sunday. Depending on the playoff scenario, Detroits regular season might extend with a makeup home game Monday against Cleveland.Atlanta took a 5-2 lead in the seventh on Adonis Garcias two-run single, but reliever Mauricio Cabrera loaded the bases with no outs in the eighth. Chaz Roe struck out Miguel Cabrera and got J.D. Martinez to ground into a double play. Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. NFL Jerseys China .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. http://www.wholesalenikenfljerseys.com/ . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming.CALGARY -- The Calgary Stampeder offence will have an unfamiliar look Friday in Toronto, particularly if running back Jon Cornish cant play. Cornish is questionable for the game against the Argonauts -- a rematch of the 2012 Grey Cup -- with what head coach John Hufnagel called a thigh contusion. The CFLs leading rusher last season and the No. 2 runner behind Saskatchewans Kory Sheets this year didnt practise for a second straight day Wednesday. "It I cant go, then Ill try and get straight. If I can go, Ill try and dominate," Cornish said. But Cornish described the injury as one of "overuse" and not bruising. He ran for 175 yards and four touchdowns Aug. 9 in a 42-27 win over Saskatchewan, but was limited to 73 yards and one major in a 26-22 loss to the B.C. Lions last Saturday. "Ive recently restored a lot of range of motion to my leg that I havent had for four years," Cornish explained. "My leg did more work than probably its done with that range of motion in the (Saskatchewan) game and then (I) played in the B.C. game. It didnt feel good in that game." Calgary native Matt Walter will get the nod at halfback if Cornish cant play, Hufnagel said. Calgarys depth at receiver is getting tested. Veteran slotback Nik Lewis is out for at least six games with a broken fibula he suffered in Vancouver. Maurice Price also wont play Friday because of an ankle injury. Calgary (5-2) was already without receivers Joe West (shoulder), Johnny Forzani (ankle) and Chris Bauman (wrist) on the nine-game injured list. So Montreal native Jabari Arthur will get a lot of work for the next month and a half during Lewiss absence. Former quarterback Brad Sinopoli of Peterborough, Ont., had five catches for 81 yards his first CFL game as a receiver July 12 and will fill in for Price. It did not go well for Calgarys offence last week after Lewis went out in the second quarter following a tackle by B.C.s Solomon Elimimian. The Stampeders managed just ttwo field goals in the second half as receivers dropped the ball seven times. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic. Stampeder quarterback Kevin Glenn went 22 for 38 for 199 yards in passing. Hufnagel blamed his teams inability to move the ball on his receivers. "Probably one of the most disappointing games from our receivers that Ive been associated with as a group," Hufnagel told the Calgary Herald earlier this week. The coach and general manager was more moderate in his assessment Wednesday. "I didnt call them out. I just explained what happened in the game," the head coach said. "Id never seen a game with seven dropped passes before. Obviously our receivers have to do a better job of catching the football." Toronto (5-2) would probably key on Cornish if he plays given Calgarys unsettled passing game. Cornishs absence would be all the better for the Argonaut defence, ranked No. 2 in the league. "Were going to attack them as best as we can," Arthur said. Marquay McDaniel led Calgary in receptions with seven for 75 yards in Vancouver. The slotback will probably again be a recurring target for Glenn with Lewis out. "Weve just got to go out there and know what were doing each play, knowing your assignment and execute and just got to make the play when the ball comes your way," McDaniel said. "All year one guys gone down and somebodys got to step up and fill that spot." Arthur has dressed for every game and compiled 168 yards on 14 catches. He may not have the stocky Lewiss blocking talent, but at six foot four Arthur is half a foot taller than Lewis and thus offers more vertical. "Nik has a very great skill set and were probably going to miss it a little bit, but I think I also bring a different skill set to the table," Arthur said. "I think Ill still be able to make a few plays like Nik does for that position. "Im going to catch the ball if they throw it to me. Thats what Im going to do." cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '
Share: