e 44. Pietersen drove the innings forward in the company of Khaya Zondo, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Dec 12 '18
HOUSTON -- James Harden wants to leave his mark in Houston and bring the Rockets their first championship since they won back-to-back titles in 1994-95. Cheap Mexico Jerseys .Now the star will have at least four more seasons to try and do just that.Thats one of the reasons why I wanted to lock in for these next four years, so I could focus on my legacy and focus on winning and doing unbelievable things here that havent been done in a long time, Harden said.Harden signed a four-year, $118 million contract extension with the Rockets on Saturday. He was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2017-18 season. The new deal takes the place of the last two years of his previous contract and will keep him in Houston until 2020.He said the decision to extend his time in Houston was an easy one.You just feel it, he said. Sometimes you just get that feeling where everything feels comfortable, you feel loved, you feel like people want you to be here and that feeling outweighs anything. So the ultimate decision was to stay and get it done.The move comes after a frustrating season for the Rockets, who were ousted by Golden State in the first round of the playoffs after reaching the Western Conference finals a year ago in a season when Harden came in second in MVP voting. They fired Kevin McHale after a 4-7 start and interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff went 37-34 after his dismissal.Team owner Leslie Alexander beamed as he sat next to the bearded star and announced the big move.I dont think people appreciate how great he is, Alexander said, but we certainly do.Also on Saturday, the Rockets introduced new free agent signings Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon.Harden has morphed from a role player into one of the leagues elites since joining the Rockets in a trade with Oklahoma City in 2012. Hes made the All-Star game and taken the Rockets to the playoffs in each of his four seasons in Houston, and was voted to the All-NBA team three times.The Rockets are looking for a fresh start this year under new coach Mike DAntoni and without center Dwight Howard, who recently left Houston to sign with the Hawks.Dwight made his decision in free agency, general manager Daryl Morey said. Now were building a new core with James here for a long time and all these guys signed for a long time. Everyone can just focus on basketball and everyone can focus on winning.Harden finished last season averaging career highs in points (29), rebounds (6.1) and assists (7.5).Last year wasnt a great year for me. But that wont happen again, he said. Thats one thing about being great. You dont make the same mistakes twice.He has slowly grown to embrace his role as the face and backbone of this team over the last four seasons, and believes the trials of last year will end up helping him in the future.Leaders arent built when things are going extremely well, Harden said. So I had to learn from it. How can I be better individually and grasp my team and bring us a lot closer? I learned from last year and I think thats why Im more excited about this year because Ive learned so much, and Im able to go in with an open mind ... and learn how to bring guys with me.This year hell do it with Anderson and Gordon, two players Morey has long coveted but wasnt able to snag.Anderson, who spent the past four seasons with New Orleans, is a top 3-point shooter and averaged 17 points and six rebounds last season. A first-round pick of the Nets in 2008, Anderson spent his rookie season there before he was traded to Orlando. He played three seasons with the Magic, his breakout coming in 2011-12 when he was selected as the NBAs most improved player after leading the league with 166 3-pointers.This has been a long time coming for me, Anderson said. Houston has been on my mind for a lot of years.Gordon has been plagued by injuries, but has proven to be a dangerous shooter when healthy. The seventh overall pick in the 2008 draft, Gordon has averaged at least 15 points in seven of his eight NBA seasons, highlighted by a career-best 22.3 points a game for the Clippers in 2010-11.The move reunites Anderson and Gordon after the pair spent four years playing together in New Orleans. Cheap Italy Jerseys . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. Cheap Germany Jerseys . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. http://www.cheapsoccerjerseysoutlet.com/?tag=cheap-japan-jerseys . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. With three league games left in the T20 competition, Lions kept themselves in contention for a playoffs berth with a five-run victory over Warriors in Durban. Lions defended 157 to rise to third, while Warriors remained in second place, seven points ahead.Lions were off to a flier after Dominic Hendricks and Rassie van der Dussen put on 76 for the first wicket. Hendricks was the quieter of the two, contributing a 27-ball 25, while van der Dussen scored an even 50, his 10th in T20s, off just 25 balls. They were dismissed in consecutive overs, leaving an increasingly fragile looking middle-order to mount a competitive total.Lions were unable to keep pace with the openers as Colin Ackermanns offspin sparked a middle and lower-order collapse. They lost their last eight wickets for 48, with no batsman between Nos. 3 and 10 contributing more than 17, as the innings ended with a ball remaining.Viljoen and left-arm spinner Bjorn Fortuin put Warriors in trouble early in their chase. They were reduced to 31 for 3 in the fifth over before Colin Ingram and Christiaan Jonker mounted a recovery. They shared a 59-run fourth-wicket stand, but then spin turned the match again as legspinner Eddie Leie took three wickets in five balls to reduce Warriors to 95 for 6 in the 14th over.Andrew Birchs 30 off 19 balls kept Warriors in the hunt, leaving them with 34 to get off the last three overs, with three wickets in hand. They plunndered 15 runs off the 18th over, but only eight came off the 19th. Cheap Arsenal FC Jerseys. With 11 needed in the final over, Dwaine Pretorius took a wicket off the first ball, and conceded just six off the next four deliveries. With six needed off the final ball, Pretorius bowled Birch to secure a tense win.Kevin Pietersens 51-ball 79 went in vain as Dolphins suffered a seven-wicket defeat to Cobras, who achieved their 179-run target by seven wickets and eight balls to spare at Kingsmead in Durban. This was Cobras second win in seven matches. The four points helped them narrow the gap to three points over fourth-placed Dolphins.Pietersen hit three fours and five sixes in his knock to help strengthen the foundation laid by Morne van Wyk, who made 44. Pietersen drove the innings forward in the company of Khaya Zondo, with whom he shared an 89-run stand for the fourth wicket. Zondo contributed 40 of those in the teams 178 for 5. Rory Klienveldt picked up three wickets.Cobras stuttered early when they lost Wayne Parnell in the third over, but their chase received a fillip courtesy half-centuries from Richard Levi and Dane Vilas. When Levi was dismissed by Imran Tahir, Cobras still needed 63 off 46 balls. Vilas found an able ally in Kieron Pollard, who made an unbeaten 31, to steer the team home. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: