Following the Raiders 34-3 trouncing in the Battle of the Bay | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
laiyongcai92
laiyongcai92 Dec 9 '18

Thursday night Authentic Rashaan Melvin Jersey , an unnamed 49ers player was quoted as saying “They quit early.” There are plenty of indications that was the case. None more so than the 52-yard run by Raheem Mostert in the third quarter which turned an already out out of reach game completely out of hand.Gruden isn’t about to admit there was an effort problem. Because that would suggest he has lost this team. He pointed at just about everything else you can think of though.“I didn’t have any problem at all with the effort,” said Gruden. “I think what I had a big problem with was we had two guys in the same gap. We got outflanked immediately and they’re back was faster than I think we anticipated. But that was my big problem with the long run.”It looked to be Tahir Whitehead and Erik Harris in the same gap on the play, but a whole lot more went wrong on that one. Frostee Rucker was held a bit and then tried to sell it instead of giving chase. And all the linebackers were caught in the wash because the 49ers blockers all got to the second level. It was a clusterf—k of the first order.Let’s be honest though. This game was over well before that play. It was 24-3 when that run happened. This game was a debacle from the first defensive snap to the last. As Gruden noted, 240 of the 49ers yards came on six plays, adding “that cannot happen.” He simplythrew out the kitchen sink in trying to explain it.“Sometimes we miss a tackle. Sometimes we miss two tackles. Sometimes we have a man out of his gap. Sometimes we gotta coach perhaps better. It all comes back to me Cheap Kolton Miller Jersey ,” Gruden said, careful not to put this on defensive coordinator Paul Guenther. “We just got to do a better job collectively. Sometimes guys do a little too much, they see too much. But in this league, if you make a mistake, good teams and good players will hurt you real bad and that’s been the case.”I think we can include not so good teams in that Seth Roberts Jersey , Jon.Follow @LeviDamien Raiders owner Mark Davis can realize his team is a disaster, and take the blame. He also makes most of the money.But for the players left behind to endure the mess that is the Raiders, it’s clearly starting to wear them out.The scene after yesterday’s loss to the Chargers was telling, as the 1-8 team has become self-aware that all the talk about the mystique of the Raiders is just that.According to Matt Schneidman of the San Jose Mercury News, the attitude was summed up by one veteran player Cheap P.J. Hall Jersey , who said to another on his way out of the locker room: “I gotta get the (expletive) outta here.”The name of the player almost isn’t important to the narrative, as the dysfunction is clear.Quarterback Derek Carr alluded to it in his postgame remarks, saying something happened that frustrated him, though he didn’t specify.鈥淒eep down, I鈥檓 good. I promise. It just kind of bugged me http://www.raiderscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-marcus-gilchrist-jersey ,Carr said. othing to do with me and I not going to tell you.lready this season, veteran cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie retired. They traded Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper. Veteran pass-rusher Bruce Irvin was released, and when he landed in Atlanta, he yelled “I’m free” upon taking the practice field.Most of the current Raiders players won’t be around in that hypothetical time when the team is good again if it ever happens 鈥?and they have come to realize it. Which might make it harder for coach Jon Gruden to reach that goal.

Share: