.Gaines got back into the game rhythms gradually, but he appe | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 9 '18
GREEN BAY, Wis. Nike Vapormax Clearance . -- For a group thrown for a loss by the unexpected release of its most recognizable member, the Green Bay Packers offensive line has come together nicely during the first four games.The unit was especially impressive during Sunday nights 23-16 victory over the New York Giants, paving the way for 147 rushing yards and giving quarterback Aaron Rodgers all kinds of time to throw. Rodgers dropped back to pass 50 times and was not sacked, despite facing top-flight edge rushers Olivier Vernon and Jason Pierre-Paul, while running back Eddie Lacy found running lanes despite the presence of hulking run-stuffing defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins.Our offensive line played extremely well, coach Mike McCarthy said Monday. I think like anything, it starts in the running game. Eddie ran hard, broke a lot of tackles, (and the) pass protection was excellent, particularly in the action passing game -- a number of opportunities to hold the ball (and) throw the ball downfield. Our offensive line had a very good night.Three-time Pro Bowl guard Josh Sitton was released on Sept. 1, an unexpected cut on the final preseason roster reduction. Players -- especially veteran guard T.J. Lang and tackles David Bakhtiari and Bryan Bulaga -- publicly questioned the wisdom of the move, especially when Sitton quickly signed with NFC North rival Chicago.Fourth-year guard Lane Taylor has stepped in and played well, despite having started just two career games before this season.I knew people would be worried. Ive only started two games before, Taylor said. Obviously no one wanted to see Josh leave, but when I became the starter, everyone was behind me and supported me. And we just went on about our business. I have to just keep it rolling.The unit also underwent a change at center, where JC Tretter has been starting with Corey Linsley, the No. 1 center the past two seasons, on the physically unable to perform list with a hamstring injury. Tretter has been solid in the middle, and he was vital to the Packers success against the Giants.We knew it was going to be a big challenge, Lang said. Obviously their D-ends are very, very good. Then you watch Hankins on film and he abuses a lot of guys. We knew it was going to be a challenge.According to Lang, the line rose to that challenge so impressively that it had Rodgers praising them in the huddle between plays.Aaron was saying some stuff in the huddle (about how) he thought the protection was pretty good. Thats something there that we can keep building off of, Lang said.Running back Eddie Lacy, who carried 11 times for 81 yards before leaving the game with a sprained left ankle, praised the group, too.What they did (Sunday))night, you cant ask for much more than that, he said. I really think we have the momentum going as far as running the ball. We just have to keep it up. We want to tire out defenses and take it through the rest of the season.Rodgers, meanwhile, was amazed by how much time his line afforded him on a night when he made several great throws but also had multiple misfires that contributed to an uneven performance.We had a good night running the football. Against two premier pass rushers who are getting paid a lot of money, we did a good job, he said. I thought I moved well enough but didnt have to a lot of times. I could stay in the pocket and thats a big credit to those guys up front.Rodgers said the offenses challenge now is to make sure other aspects -- including his own play -- measure up to the quality the offensive line is providing, starting with next Sundays game against the Dallas Cowboys at Lambeau Field.Were our biggest critic, myself included. Ive got to play a lot better, Rodgers said. Weve got to execute in the passing game as well as were doing up front and in the run game.Game notes McCarthy said Lacy underwent tests Monday on his ankle. I would say its not serious, McCarthy said, although he stopped short of saying Lacy would be OK to play against Dallas. . McCarthy said wide receiver Randall Cobb, who was hit in the neck and head on a late reception, was fine on Monday. . Both McCarthy and special teams coordinator Ron Zook acknowledged that punter Jake Schum is struggling, but McCarhty indicated that the team plans to stick with the second-year man.Nike Vapormax Sale Canada . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Cheap Nike Vapormax Sale . LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. http://www.vapormaxcanada.com/ . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Although E.J. Gaines had to wait nearly two years to get back into the Rams lineup, hes getting the chance to make up for that lost time.Gaines seems likely to get major playing time at cornerback for Los Angeles (3-1) on Sunday at home against Buffalo, finally returning at full strength from the injury woes that slowed his career just when it was taking off.Gaines played in his first game since Dec. 21, 2014, last Sunday as the Rams rallied to beat the Arizona Cardinals, 17-13. The third-year pro missed all of last season with a foot injury, and a thigh injury kept him out of the first three games of their homecoming season in Los Angeles.If Gaines reclaims the starting job that he improbably won in 2014 as a rookie, he will be happy -- but the real thrill is just running onto the Coliseum field for the first time.If thats me starting or me not starting, if its special teams or whatever, just getting out there with the defense, its a feeling I havent felt for a while, Gaines said. But Im excited to do it.The Rams move to the West Coast uprooted Gaines, a born-and-raised Missourian from Independence who played four seasons at the University of Missouri before the Rams drafted him in 2014. The sixth-round pick immediately earned a key role in the Rams secondary, starting 15 games and making 70 tackles with two interceptions and 14 pass breakups as a rookie.He was in competition last year with Trumaine Johnson for a starting cornerback job opposite Janoris Jenkins in training camp, but that foot injury ended his season. Johnson went on to earn a $13.95 million contract for this season on the franchise tag, while Jenkins got a lavish free agent deal with the New York Giants.Gaines wasnt bitter about his bad break, and he didnt sulk when he got hurt again in training camp in California. He kept working for a return, and he finally made it three weeks into the season.He just wennt out there and played like he did a year ago, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. Cheap Nike Vapormax Canada. (He has) a year of starting experience at the position in our defense. Thats whats helpful for him.While Gaines return was uncertain this summer, the Rams attempted to patch the hole left by Jenkins with free-agent signee Coty Sensabaugh. While Fisher hasnt directly criticized Sensabaugh, he wasnt active against the Cardinals, apparently due to his inexperience with special teams.The Rams instead put veteran journeyman Troy Hill in the starting lineup for the past two games, but Gaines entered the game in Arizona in the second quarter as a slot defensive back. He eventually slid into the key job on the outside of Los Angeles defense.Gaines got back into the game rhythms gradually, but he appeared to fit in flawlessly on a defense that hasnt actually changed extensively since late 2014. The Rams, who forced five turnovers by the Cardinals, still have a dominant front seven, including a defensive line that helps the secondary in multiple ways.I think just getting after the quarterback, pushing the pocket back and then trying to make plays on the outside in the secondary, and thats what we need, Gaines said.Gaines familiarity with third-year defensive coordinator Gregg Williams schemes has been a boost to his preparation, and hes eager to show everything he learned to the Rams new fans at the Coliseum, which was packed for the home opener last month.For me, itll be exciting to get out there in front of the home (crowd) and try to make some plays, Gaines said. For this football team, its exciting to get two road wins and come back home. Hopefully the stands will be rocking and the fans will be ready for us to come back home.---AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ;cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '
Share: