th on the PGA Tour. So its exciting to see both of us play well out there, because its a dream come true for both of us.That much was clear whe | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Dec 9 '18
CINCINNATI -- Yu Darvish is hitting his stride. Disocunt Basketball Jerseys . But, that doesnt mean the Texas Rangers wont continue to be careful with how they utilize their right-handed ace.Darvish, 30, is scheduled to make his 11th start of the season on Wednesday night in the finale of a two-game interleague series with the Cincinnati Reds at Great American Ball Park. And, hell do so on six days rest.Its a positive, Darvish told reporters last week via an interpreter. I didnt feel like I needed it, but getting rest is beneficial for me.Darvish, whos coming off Tommy John surgery, is 2-0 with a 1.74 ERA with 22 strikeouts in 20 2/3 innings in his last three starts. Hes made six straight quality starts, matching the longest run this season by a Rangers pitcher.Hes been dominant in interleague play, going 7-2 with a 1.90 ERA in 11 starts against the National League.Darvish will be facing Cincinnati for the first time since June 30, 2013 when he gave up only four hits in 6 2/3 innings with four walks and eight strikeouts in a 3-2 Texas win.Hell get a chance to take his hacks in an NL park on Wednesday. He has two hits in 12 career at-bats.Right-hander Tim Adleman will take the mound for Cincinnati on Wednesday. Its his sixth career start and second since he was recalled from Triple-A Louisville on Aug. 16. Hell be facing the Rangers for the first time in his career.Cincinnati is 22-14 and has won eight of 11 series since the All-Star break. The Reds will be looking for their ninth series win on Wednesday if they can sweep the Rangers after a 3-0 win on Tuesday.The Reds are riding the red-hot bat of first baseman Joey Votto, who is hitting .455 since the All-Star break after batting just .229 in April and .200 in May. Votto went 2-for-3 with two RBI on Tuesday.I think what Joey has accomplished with his batting average and on-base percentage is phenomenal, said manager Bryan Price. Anybody can struggle for a couple of months or even a season. Thats not unique, so Id have to say Im more surprised at what hes doing now. I dont think anybody saw coming what he went through in April and May, but its not foreign.Texas recent acquisition -- catcher Jonathan Lucroy -- is a bona fide Reds killer.During his career with the Milwaukee Brewers, Lucroy has 13 home runs, 45 RBI, and 42 runs in his career against Cincinnati, all his highest totals against any opponent. Lucroys 13 homers are nearly double his total against any other club.Lucroy went 0-for-3 with a walk on Tuesday. But, hell get another crack at Cincinnati pitching on Wednesday.He has homered in three of his past six games at Great American Ball Park.Cincinnati now leads the all-time series 8-7 after Tuesdays win. The teams split a two-game series at Globe Life Park in Arlington in June. NBA T-shirts From China .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. China Basketball Jerseys . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. http://www.cheapjerseysnba.us/ . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. -- Five tournaments into his rookie season on the PGA Tour, Mackenzie Hughes has the 36-hole lead at Sea Island and expects a few nerves.That weekend he spent with Phil Mickelson should at least help.Hughes had another bogey-free round Friday and took care of the par 5s on the Plantation Course for a 5-under 67, giving him a two-shot lead over C.T. Pan going into the weekend of the RSM Classic, the final PGA Tour event of the year.Hughes at was at 14-under 128.Pan also is a rookie, and perhaps they can take inspiration from rookie Cody Gribble winning in Mississippi three weeks ago. Hughes and Pan both spent last year on the Web.com Tour to earn their cards.Theres going to be nerves tomorrow, and Im going to be a little jittery starting out, but thats completely natural, Hughes said. But I just think guys come off the Web.com Tour that ... for example, I won in Missouri and I feel like the win translates to being able to win out here. The margin is so small that the things I did on that weekend to win that tournament are the same things Ill have to do Saturday and Sunday.Hughes started his rookie season in the Safeway Open, made the cut and wound up in the same group with Mickelson, who attracted the largest gallery.The atmosphere was a dream start for me, Hughes said. We played the first day, and I had a 9-footer on 19 for par to make par and stay tied with him. I was so pumped that I made it because I got one more round out of it. He was a super nice guy, really welcoming. It was a nice way to break yourself in.There wasnt much of a gallery at Sea Island on another pristine day for scoring, so ideal that the cut came at 5-under par. That probably wont change for the weekend, especially with tournament host Davis Love III and Sea Island neighbors Zach Johnson and Matt Kuchar among those missing the cut.Even so, it was an experience that could come in handy for the 25-year-old Canadian.Being with him for two days and with his galleries and all the distractions going on there, thats probably as good a preparation as you would have for tomorrow and Sunday, Hughes said. There was so much learning going on that weekend that Ill be able to apply. Wholesale Basketball Jerseys 2019. It was the lowest cut on the PGA Tour since 5 under at the 2015 Zurich Classic.Hughes opened with a 9-under 61 on the Seaside course at Sea Island, while he didnt hit the ball as cleanly over at Plantation, he had few complaints. He picked up three of his birdies at the par 5s, even on the 18th when he found a fairway bunker off the tee and had to lay up. He hit wedge to 8 feet and made the putt.Today was definitely a little more work, Hughes said, though he quickly added that 67 was no slouch of a score and I would take two more of those in a heartbeat.Hughes and Pan, who shot a 64 at Seaside, played together on the Canadian Tour two years ago, and then all last year on the Web.com Tour. Pan had a brief stay atop the world amateur ranking in 2013 when he won eight times at Washington, and he made the cut as an amateur at the 2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay.They will be joined in the final group by Hudson Swafford, who lives at Sea Island and shot a 67 on the Plantation. Swafford was three shots behind, along with Chad Campbell, Chesson Hadley and Blayne Barber.It should be fun, Pan said. We played on the Canadian tour last year, and then we played the Web.com Tour this year and now we are both on the PGA Tour. So its exciting to see both of us play well out there, because its a dream come true for both of us.That much was clear when Hughes came into the media center for an interview. He left his seat, walked to the back of the room and handed his phone to his mother to take a picture. It was that kind of moment for him.Even with a two-shot lead, however, the conditions have been such that low scores are available to anyone at any time. Twenty-five players were separated by just five shots with two more rounds to play.That group includes Jim Furyk, Stewart Cink. Four shots behind was Jonathan Byrd, a five-time PGA Tour winner who spent last year on the Web.com Tour and still doesnt have full status. He is playing this week on a sponsors exemption and wants to make the most out of limited chances like this. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: