nd then had a second operation in as many | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 5 '17
LOS ANGELES, Calif. Tom Brady Jersey . - Austin Rivers joined coach Doc Rivers with the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday, and he made it clear hes not expecting any favours from dear old dad.The 22-year-old guard averaged 6.8 points, 2.3 assists and 1.9 rebounds off the bench in 35 games with New Orleans. The Pelicans were 13 1/2 games back in the West standings Friday night, while the Clippers were 6 1/2 behind before they hosted Cleveland.Austin Rivers became the first player in NBA history to play for his father.History, oh great, Doc said beforehand. I dont really care about that. I want to win and make our team better.So does his son.I was really excited because this is a playoff, championship-calibre team, Austin said. I can score the ball and play-make. Thats something the team needs in the second unit.Austin entered the game late in the first quarter and fed a long pass to a fast-breaking Blake Griffin, who dunked.Rivers was scoreless, missing four shots in 11 minutes, with one assist. He came into the game without any practice, having spent the last four days in New Orleans waiting for the trade to be finalized.I was thinking too much, he said afterward. I was trying to be perfect and please everybody.The younger Rivers said he and his father have always done their own things basketball-wise, so he never expected to one day be coached by his dad.Now that I am his coach he has to actually listen to me, Doc joked. Hes probably thinking any kid will listen to their parent if they pay them.Austin was traded to Boston on Monday and the Celtics immediately dealt him to the Clippers.He fits our team, Doc said. My job is to do what is best for the team. Hes young. Thats one of the reasons we wanted him.His father called Austin to gauge his thoughts on the possibility of coming West.I dont know what tampering is when youre talking to your son, the elder Rivers said.Austin said, The first thing I did was call my mom. She was a wreck the first night.Kris Rivers wondered aloud about how various situations would go. Doc said his wife gave him her blessing, but if she gets upset about how her son is treated, he said, I am not prepared for that.Austin is named after former Notre Dame and Cavaliers star Austin Carr, who shared a hug with Doc before the game. Austin was born in Santa Monica.Austin isnt worried about the reaction in the locker room or his father showing any favouritism to him.When I was 5 years old, we played checkers and he would not let me win, Austin said. My dad would never, ever play me over someone else. I know Chris (Paul) and Blake (Griffin) are the leaders.Griffin said, Were not going to treat him any different than we treat anyone else.The rest of Rivers siblings encouraged him to join them in Los Angeles, and all three showed up at the game: sister Callie and brothers Jeremiah and Spencer.They were like, I think you should do it because its a great opportunity for you, Austin said. I couldnt say no. David Harris Jersey . MacIntyre stopped 49 shots and the Marlies defeated the Texas Stars 5-1 in Game 1 of the American Hockey Leagues Western Conference final. "I felt in control, so that was nice," MacIntyre said. Vincent Valentine Jersey . At this point, even he isnt sure when it is going to stop. The right-hander dropped his fourth straight decision in Los Angeles 6-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday night, leaving his status very much in doubt as the Dodgers prepare for the stretch drive.IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have re-signed defensive end Anthony Spencer to a one-year deal worth up to $3.5 million after he missed all but one game last season with a knee injury. Its the third straight one-year deal for Spencer after the Cowboys put the franchise tag on him in 2012 and 2013. The 30-year-old Spencer hurt his left knee during the off-season lasst year and aggravated the injury at the start of training camp. Shaq Mason Jersey. He missed the preseason and the opener before playing in Week 2, and then had a second operation in as many months and was out the rest of the season. Spencer moved from linebacker to end last year when the Cowboys switched to the 4-3 defence. The contract was announced on Saturday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: