slanders and Nets merchandising at the arenas re | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Dec 4 '17
ORCHARD PARK, N. Green Ducks Jerseys .Y. -- Calling his surprise promotion bittersweet, new Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn knows he has a tall task ahead of him.Lynn was promoted to offensive coordinator last Friday after the Bills fired Greg Roman following an 0-2 start.Its now Lynns job to pick up the pieces and try to help salvage a Bills season that has already hit a breaking point.Look, man, its a challenge. I accept the challenge, Lynn said. Think Im the right guy for the challenge and Im not going to make any excuses. Its my responsibility to get us going, and well figure it out.Lynn had mixed emotions on Thursday when he spoke to reporters for the first time since receiving the promotion.It was bittersweet, Ill say that, Lynn said. I was surprised and then once you get over the initial shock, youve got a job to do. Helluva challenge.Lynn, 47, played in the league for six seasons (1993, 1995-99) as a backup running back and was a member of John Elways Super-Bowl winning teams.He joined the Broncos coaching staff following his retirement in 2000 as a special teams assistant before coaching running backs for five teams over the next 14 years before his promotion on Friday.Despite his background as a running backs coach -- and coach Rex Ryans reputation for wanting a ground and pound attack -- Lynn doesnt plan on forcing the issue in the running game. He described his offensive philosophy as fluid and flexible depending on what opposing defenses present.No, I dont know ground and pound, Lynn said. To me, if they give you ground and pound, you ground and pound. If they give you pass, you pass. I just want to coach an explosive offense, doing multiple things, balance multiple personnel groupings and just take what they give us.Im a personnel-driven guy. I believe in personnel. Get the ball in the hands of players and let them make the plays because if you do that, theyll make way more plays than well ever design.He faces an uphill battle on short notice. Buffalos offense sputtered in each of its first two games to start the season.In Week 1 against Baltimore, Buffalo had just 160 yards -- its lowest output in a decade and lowest total in a season opener since 1979.Buffalos offense had some better moments in a 37-31 loss to the New York Jets in Week 2, but struggled once again with consistency and staying on the field.Through two games, the Bills ranked 30th in offense and 29th in third-down conversions (6 of 23).I want to play smart, physical football, Lynn said. I want to be explosive down the field. Right now, I just want to stay on the damn field. Were going to play a little bit faster and see if we can put a little pressure on the defense. Just execute.A point of emphasis this week for the Bills has been simplifying the playbook. They have trimmed plays under Lynn and plan on limiting quarterback Tyrod Taylors ability to change plays at the line of scrimmage.We will have it cut down, Ryan said. But theres plenty there, theres plenty of volume. Its just cut down a little.Added Lynn: We didnt just shrink it until we dont have enough bullets. We have plenty of bullets and ammo. We just took a little off the guys plate.Lynn may have a short-handed roster for Sundays game against the Arizona Cardinals (1-1).Top receiver Sammy Watkins (foot) missed practice again on Thursday, and Ryan said there is some heightened concern regarding Watkins availability for Sunday.Fellow wideout Greg Salas left Thursdays practice with a groin injury. Ryan said he doesnt believe the injury is a significant one. Tight end Charles Clay has been limited with a knee injury and Cordy Glenn has yet to return to practice after injuring his ankle in Week 1.Less than ideal, yes -- but Lynn is embracing the opportunity to try and turn things around.Ive been training to do this all my life, Lynn said. I had a couple (opportunities) to do it in different places and it didnt work out. But I never wanted to do it under these circumstances. I like to build my success on top of another mans success, or woman, but unfortunately its the NFL.Didnt work out that way. Now Im in charge and I have to get this offense going in the right direction, and I plan on getting it done.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ;Adidas Ducks Jerseys . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. White Ducks Jerseys . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3. http://www.authenticducksshopnhl.com/ .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. NEW YORK -- Pleased with the progress made during the New York Islanders first season in Brooklyn, Brett Yormark is looking forward to the teams second year at Barclays Center.I thought we ended the year in a much better place than we started, said Brett Yormark, the Chief Executive Office for Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, which oversees business operations and marketing for the Barclays Center. When you look back at those playoff games they were some of the most dramatic moments weve had here.Pointing to the improvements the arena made with game presentation, including the hiring of a hockey-centric group to take over game days, Yormark said the atmosphere during the Islanders run to the Eastern Conference semifinals -- and their first postseason series victory since 1993 -- showed hockey has arrived in Brooklyn.However, Yormark wouldnt comment on reports the Islanders were already considering leaving for a new arena either near Citi Field, home to baseballs New York Mets, or Belmont Park.I cant speak to that, Yormark said Monday in a Q&A with media before the teams preseason opener against the Philadelphia Flyers. All I can speak to is that collectively our team here at Barclays Center will do everything we can to provide the fans and the players with a first-class experience. And thats what Im focused on.The Islanders moved to the Brooklyn arena -- home to the NBAs Brooklyn Nets since 2012 -- last year after spending the franchises first 43 seasons at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island. The deal with Barclays Center on a 25-year lease was announced in 2012 after a failed attempt to secure public financing for a new arena on Long Island and zoning approval was rejected for a privately funded development plan that would have included renovations to the ColiseumNewsday reported earlier this month the lease has an opt-out clause with a January 2017 deadline for either side to terminate the deal. The Islanders could do itt effective the end of the third season, and either side could do it for after the fourth season. Ducks Jerseys Store. I dont have a crystal ball, Yormark said. I cant tell you what the future holds. But I can tell you adamantly that were committed to providing a great season for everyone involved.To that end, Yormark said arena management conducted focus groups with fans in Brooklyn and on Long Island, asking what they liked and what they wanted to see improved.One of the top complaints was about transportation on the Long Island Rail Road after games. Fans were displeased with the service during the season, but noted it had improved for the playoffs, and Yormark said the LIRR had agreed to maintain the additional schedule of trains after games this season.Among other topics Yormark addressed:- Fans can expect to see more Islanders branding and signage around the arena, so they can feel this is their home. He also said there will be more equal availability of Islanders and Nets merchandising at the arenas retail stores.- With fans desire for more weekend games, Yormark noted there were 18 games scheduled on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays this season, an increase from last year. Its something we need to look at and see where we can make more improvements for next year, he said.- The teams ticket base had grown, with a marked increase in Manhattan residents who grew up in Long Island. He said the Long Island base had stabilized, while acknowledging some full-season ticket holders had chosen to trade down to partial plans.Weve addressed everything fans had their hands raised about, Yormark said. Im sure there will be more during the course of the season. Well remain flexible like we were last year. Well continue to learn and where we can get better, we will.---Follow Vin Cherwoo at www.twitter.com/VinCherwooAP ;Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: