Michal Kwiatkowski of Poland is third | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 3 '18
URDAX, Spain -- Tony Martin broke away to win the second stage of the Tour of Basque Country on Tuesday, while overall leader Alberto Contador maintained his 14-second advantage. Alex Tuch Jersey . Martin was among seven cyclists who moved away from the peloton, with the German cyclist pulling ahead of a breakaway group that included Maxim Montfort and Jan Bakelandts just over 10 kilometres (6.2 miles) from the finish. "At 15 kilometres to go, we knew to try and win this race -- so I attacked the breakaway," said Martin, who won a leg that included four categorized climbs by 30 seconds in a time of 3 hours, 46 minutes, 17 seconds. Contador allowed the breakaways to ride out of sight as he stayed close to closest challenger Alejandro Valverde, who attempted to escape late in the 155.8-kilometre (99-mile) stage to no avail. "Alejandro attacked, and I would have done the same thing if I was in his situation," Contador said. "There were spots where you could go for it, but I was very attentive to respond." Contador, a former Tour de France champion, leads Valverde with an overall time of 7:51:54 for Tinkoff-Saxo. Michal Kwiatkowski of Poland is third -- 34 seconds off the pace. "It wasnt a day where moves were made, but where a lot of energy was spent," Contador said. Martins first victory of the season gave his Omega-Pharma Quick Step team its 20th stage win of the season. "This morning I was really motivated. Everybody wanted to try and go," Martin said. "It was the perfect situation. We collaborated really well with the other guys in the breakaway." The five-stage race continues on Wednesday with a 194.7-kilometre (120-mile) leg from Urdax to the Basque capital city of Vitoria. Deryk Engelland Jersey .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. Colin Miller Jersey .Y. -- Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire will have less time to remain eligible for the Hall of Fame ballot under changes made Saturday.NEW YORK -- Outfielder Carlos Beltran tested his injured right elbow with 25 swings from each side of the plate, and the New York Yankees say the slugger did not experience any discomfort. Beltran worked out in the home batting cage at Yankee Stadium on Thursday, with hitting coach Kevin Long on soft-toss duties. He is scheduled for the same exercise on Friday. Beltran has a bone spur in his elbow, and the eight-time All-Star is hoping to avoid surgery. Curtis McKenzie Jersey. The Yankees also announced that Mark Teixeira saw Dr. Keith Raskin, who confirmed that the first baseman has inflammation in his surgically repaired right wrist. Teixeira is day to day. New York begins a three-game series against Minnesota on Friday night. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseyscheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '
Share: