d second, finishing 4-1/2 lengths in front of Auntjenn, who was followed by Rooms and Unforgivable U. Ciao Bella Rosa, a maiden who was | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Dec 3 '18
RIO DE JANEIRO -- At an age when many people are thinking about retirement, John Whitaker is thinking about another Olympic medal. Adidas Shoes Clearance Sale .He was part of the British show jumping team that won a silver medal at the 1984 Los Angeles Games with younger brother Michael. Both are now competing in Rio de Janeiro.John Whitaker is 61 and was the last member of the British team to ride Sunday. He knew he needed a clear round after Michael and compatriots Nick Skelton and Ben Maher each had a fence down.And thats precisely what he did on Ornellaia.I was very happy with the round. From start to finish she was good, John said. Everything went to plan. She felt fresh, she was listening, she was jumping. Nice to get the first day behind us especially with a bit of confidence for the rest of the week. I wanted to jump clear but just have a nice confidence keeping round, for her as much as me because its going to get tougher thats for sure.This is Johns sixth Olympics, one behind Skelton, who along with Maher was part of Britains gold medal-winning team in London four years ago.Michael is competing in his fifth Olympics after Los Angeles, Barcelona, Atlanta and Sydney. He acknowledges that some things are harder to deal with as he gets older.The facilities here are as good as any Ive been to if not better to be honest, he said. Its very, very well organized, the buses are running on time to the village, the village is good enough.The first time I was 24, now Im 56, I havent got quite that enthusiasm. When my shower doesnt really work properly I sort of get a bit peed off now, then I wouldnt have bothered. Im looking at it through different eyes a little bit. The village is actually pretty good, I think.Michael was aboard Cassionato and they knocked down planks on fence 10 to finish with four faults. Still, he is confident going into Tuesdays second qualifying round.He jumped unbelievable, Michael said. When you watch it on video he actually gives it plenty of room, he just catches it on his way down. It was just unlucky. He touched it and it came down and everything else went exactly as it should have done. Im very, very happy with the way he jumped.It was tough. I havent been to a few for a while so I wasnt expecting it to be as tough as that to be honest. But theres nothing he cant jump. Thats probably his worst day now gone, hopefully. Hopefully we should be all right. I dont want to speak too soon.Three of the four riders for host Brazil went clear much to the delight of fans at the packed Olympic Equestrian Center. Germany was the only other nation to achieve that result.The individual gold medalists from the previous two games, Steve Guerdat and Eric Lamaze, also had clear rounds.The opening one-round event was a prelude to three further days of jumping this week that will incorporate team and individual events. Adidas Shoes Cheap China . JOHNS, N. Cheap Adidas Shoes Online . Once again, DeLaet finished tied for second at a PGA Tour stop on the weekend, this time at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The pride of Weyburn, Sask. http://www.clearanceadidas.com/ . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. DEL MAR, Calif. -- The maiden Champagne Room displayed experience befitting a veteran in Saturdays $200,000 Sorrento Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Del Mar.In her second start, Champagne Room ($4.60) closed from third in a field of five to win the Grade 2 race at 6-1/2 furlongs by 1-1/4 lengths as the favorite. The victory puts Champagne Room on course for the $300,000 Del Mar Debutante on Sept. 3. The Grade 1 Debutante is the championship race of the meeting for 2-year-old fillies.There was a bit of a gamble involved in the decision to start Champagne Room in the Sorrento. Champagne Room was supplemented to the race for $2,000 on Wednesday. She races for the partnership that includes Joe Ciagloa, Exline-Border Racing, and Sharon Alesia.We decided to come here and it was a good decision, trainer Peter Eurton said.Ridden by Mario Gutierrez, Champagne Room was timed in 1:16.35. She stalked pacesetter Miss Southern Miss through early fractions of 22.63 seconds for the opening quarter-mile and 45 for a half-mile before engaging the leader in the final furlong.Quickly, Champagne Room was in control of the race.I like the way she got away, Eurton said. Cheap Wholesale Adidas Shoes. I like the way she tracked. When she made the move in the middle of the turn, I was confident.Miss Southern Miss, second in the Landaluce Stakes at Santa Anita on July 9, held second, finishing 4-1/2 lengths in front of Auntjenn, who was followed by Rooms and Unforgivable U. Ciao Bella Rosa, a maiden who was also supplemented, was scratched on Saturday morning.Miss Southern Miss is another candidate for the Grade 1 Del Mar Debutante at seven furlongs. Trainer Keith Desormeaux said the filly is still learning how to rate after three starts.I can see that her stride is not as fluid as it should be, Desormeaux said. Shes so worried about going fast. We can teach her to relax and well see the real Miss Southern Miss.Champagne Room, by Broken Vow, was second in a five-furlong maiden race here on July 16 in her debut. She was purchased for $310,000 at the Ocala Breeders Sale of 2-year-olds in-training sale in April in Florida.Champagne Room has earned $132,600. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: