ce and has started a running program.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Dylan Bundy (2-1) makes his first major league start in Sundays series fin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Dec 2 '18
When you compete in something as long as I have -- remember, I swam in my first Olympics before I was old enough to drive -- you see just about everything. Cheap MLB Jerseys Free Shipping. The aging superstar chasing one more Olympic gold, the teenage record holder who everyone believes is the next big thing. Some succeed. Most fail. Maybe theyre not good enough, dont want to put in the work, or dont care about winning enough to truly push their body to its limit.And then theres Katie Ledecky. It was two years before the 2012 London Games when I first started paying attention to her. Every time she got in the water, it didnt matter what time of year it was, how rested she was, where she was swimming, who she was swimming against -- she was cranking best times, national records. It was incredible. I remember thinking, this girl might be the real deal.But I wanted to see it on the big, big stage. Could she do it in the Olympics?In London, Katie was just 15 years old -- the same age I was at my first Olympics in Sydney. She was quiet, kind of kept to herself. But on the final day of competition, in the 800 freestyle, she won gold by more than four seconds. I won gold in the 100 fly earlier that night and had just received my medal when Katies event began. As I was walking through the interview area, reporters began asking me questions that I didnt even answer. Instead, I pointed to the monitor where Katie was crushing it.This past summer in Rio, she backed it up with four more golds. Right now, shes untouchable. There are swimmers who might push her, but no one is going to beat her. I remember what that feeling was like; its a great place to be. You know that if you put in the work, the reward is going to be there at the end. The challenge becomes longevity. How long can you keep it up?But no one is better prepared for this than Katie. Shes that much better than everybody else. When I watch her swim, its like an art. Its beautiful. She maximizes her distance per stroke. Its just something you dont see in swimming. Beyond that, shes one of the hardest-working people Ive ever seen in training camp. She will swim with the guys and make them look like theyre standing still. I did a set with her once in Colorado Springs, Colorado, at the Olympic Training Center. We were supposed to go together, but I was thrilled when she decided to lead a lane because I didnt want to get my ass whipped. Shes just special.And beyond that, mentally, she never lets up. She goes all out the entire race. Her mentality is, Im going to crush this field as much as I possibly can. In the first 100 meters, the race is over. Hell, in the first 50 its over. She makes the statement and then backs it up. Its just so remarkable.Yet away from the pool, with her teammates, shes as laid back as anyone. Shes talking, laughing, messing around. Then she gives a few high-fives, goes out and absolutely destroys the rest of the world. Its amazing to watch. You just dont see people like her in the sport. I know. And for me to have shared part of my career with someone so dominant and dedicated, and yet still so determined, is an honor. I mean it. Im a fan of this sport as much as anyone. And I cant wait to see what she does next.More on Katie Ledecky? What makes Olympic swimmer Katie Ledecky remarkable Story ?? On this night, appropriately, Ledecky eclipses Phelps?Story ?? Katie Ledecky: Road to Rio training regimen?Story ?? How to be Katie Ledecky?Video ?The IMPACT25 is espnWs annual list of the 25 athletes and influencers who have made the greatest difference for women in sports. Explore the 2016 list and more content at espnW.com/IMPACT25. Wholesale MLB Store. And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. China MLB Jerseys Outlet. "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. http://www.wholesalemlbjerseys.us/. He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Chris Tillman was the difference Saturday night -- and it wouldnt be a stretch to say the right-hander has been the difference for the Baltimore Orioles in the AL East race so far this season.Tillman became the American Leagues second 13-game winner, backed by J.J. Hardys two-run homer, in Baltimores 2-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays on Saturday night.The Orioles, who have won four straight overall, are 9-0 in Tillmans starts against their division rivals.Team wins are important, said Tillman, who has given up one run or fewer in his last three starts. All the personal stuff goes by the wayside when it comes to winning ballgames. Thats our approach and its good to be a part of it.Tillman (13-2) gave up one run and four hits and struck out three in seven innings. Only Chris Sale of the Chicago White Sox has more wins (14) among major league pitchers.Brad Brach threw a perfect eighth and Zach Britton struck out two in the ninth for his 29th save as the Orioles maintained a two-game lead over the Boston Red Sox.Hardys fourth home run of the season came off Matt Moore (5-7) after Matt Wieters two-out double in the second.(Tillman) had good command. He had three walks, but it didnt feel like it, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. He was the difference. Its not very often that a two-run homer stands up, but it did.Logan Morrison scored Tampa Bays run after a leadoff triple in the fourth that was originally called a home run before being overturned by an umpire replay review. The ball was ruled to have hit the top of the wall in left field and back into play, and Morrison was given a triple. Steven Souza Jr. then drove in Morrison with a single, but it was the final hit of the game for the Rays, who have lost eight straight and 24 of 27.It stinks when you lose a ballgame onn one pitch, Rays manager Kevin Cash said. Wholesale MLB Jerseys China. That kind of sums it up how its been going for us.Moore, who has two of the Rays three wins since June 15, pitched 7 1/3 innings, his longest start of the season, giving up two runs on five hits.HARDY SHOULDERHardy hit his second home run in nine at-bats after hitting two in his first 155 at-bats, and stretched his personal hitting streak to nine games. It is a direct result of his healed left shoulder. Im not thinking of the shoulder at all, he said. I know I was a lot last year, but Im not thinking about it anymore. I think thats the biggest thing.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: OF Hyun Soo Kim (right hamstring) was out of the lineup for the second straight game. Showalter said it will determined after a workout Sunday if Kim will need to go on the disabled list. ... Showalter said RHP Darren ODay (strained right hamstring) looked crisp during a bullpen session and will take part in a simulated game Tuesday.Rays: INF Steve Pearce (strained right hamstring) started a rehab assignment with Class A Charlotte. ... OF Desmond Jennings (strained left hamstring) continued taking batting practice and has started a running program.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Dylan Bundy (2-1) makes his first major league start in Sundays series finale. The fourth overall pick in the 2011 draft has thrown 38 innings in 22 relief appearances this season. He was limited to a combined 17 minor league games the previous two years after Tommy John surgery in 2013. First major league start for anybody is going to be exciting, Bundy said.Rays: RHP Jake Odorizzi (3-5), whose recent starts have been scouted by many playoff-contending teams, will go against Bundy. Cheap Nike Chiefs JerseysChargers Jerseys ChinaWholesale Raiders Jerseys ChinaCowboys Jerseys ChinaCheap Giants Jerseys HoodiesCheap Eagles Jerseys Free ShippingCheap Nike Redskins JerseysLions Jerseys ChinaGreen Bay Packers Jerseys For SaleWholesale Vikings Jerseys ChinaPanthers Jerseys ChinaSaints Jerseys ChinaCheap Buccaneers Jerseys Free ShippingWholesale Cardinals Jerseys ChinaCheap Nike Rams Jerseys49ers Jerseys ChinaWholesale Seahawks Jerseys ChinaCheap Nike Bears JerseysBills Jerseys ChinaCheap Nike Ravens JerseysCheap Falcons Jerseys Hoodies' ' ' 
Share: