Los Angeles Chargers Daily Links: | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
huangjian123
huangjian123 Nov 19 '18

Chargers Have the Best Edge Defender Duo in the NFL Jason Verrett Finally Able to Reclaim Status Among League’s Elite - Ricky Henne“His skill set Trevor Williams Jersey , what he has, his speed, his athleticism, his change of direction -- it is elite,” he said. “Just to see him go through the individuals sometimes, you see a guy come back from an injury like that, it takes some time. I don’t see it right now. The way he’s working out (and) the way he’s practicing, he’s in a really good place right now.”Jahleel Addae Shines on Day Two of Minicamp - Ricky Henne“It was a solid day out there,” he said with his patented wry smile. “A real solid day. Just came out there with high energy. Every down I’m trying to get better. Bring that energy and have everybody else feed off of it.”How speed to apply pressure affects overall pass-rushing - Gordon McGuinnessThe Los Angeles Chargers produced the fastest average time to pressure, thanks in no small part to having Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram rushing off the edge. Arguably the best edge defender duo in the NFL, they combined for 24 sacks, 23 hits, and 104 hurries, and with an average time to pressure 0.06 seconds ahead of any other team in the NFL, they delivered that pressure quickly.Chargers' Jason Verrett finally fit after nearly 2-year knee rehab - Eric Williams"You can see his energy on the field, watching him run around and interacting with the guys Cheap Derwin James Jersey ," Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn said. "It's great to see him out there. He's been waiting for a long time, and he's right on track."Social Media Information:BFTB Facebook Page: Click here to like our pageBFTB Twitter: Follow @BFTB_ChargersThe Lightning Round Twitter: Follow @Lightning_RoundThe Lightning Round Facebook: Click here to like our pageBFTB Manager: Richard Wade: Follow @RichardWadeChargers’ 2018 Schedule Prediction: Part 2 Current record after four games: 3-110/7 Week 5 Vs. Oakland RaidersThe AFC West has found a lot of success over the last five years and the Chargers are finally trending in the right direction with the rest of the division heading south at the same time.Ever since Gruden arrived in Oakland, he has seemingly handed out contracts to a ton of players currently over the age of 30. In comparision, the Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers currently roster six, six, and five players over 30, respectively. The Raiders, however, have 14. Not the best look for a team trying to bounce back from a lack luster season.Derek Carr and the offense return running back Marshawn Lynch, wide receiver Amari Cooper, and what should be an improved offensive line after selecting uber-athletic offensive tackle Kolton Miller out of UCLA. The offense will also look to get a boost in reliability from longtime-Packer wideout Jordy Nelson while hoping the addition of former-Steeler Martavis Bryant will up their potential for explosive-plays in 2018.On the defensive side of the ball, the Raiders selected a duo of elite athletes at the defensive tackle position in P.J. Hall and Maurice Hurst. Both are relegated to backup duty to start camp but I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of the two crack the lineup. Hurst was arguably the most disruptive interior defensive linemen in the draft while Hall ran a sub-4.8 forty at almost 310 pounds.After sweeping the Raiders in 2017, I don’t see any reason why anything would change this season. The likes of Cooper, Nelson Cheap Melvin Gordon Jersey , and Bryant make up an intimidating wide receiver core but the Bolts’ secondary will be even better. Lynch and the offensive line could still offer problems if the run defense refuses to take a step forward but, in the end, I don’t think the Raiders defense has the play-makers to match up with the Bolts’ firepower. I expect a few scares and some frustration, but the Chargers will come out on top in this one.2018 Record: 4-110/14 Week 6 @ Cleveland BrownsIn 2016, the Chargers gave the Browns their only victory over the last two seasons. Last year, they were close to giving them their second. In 2018, with the roster revamped and packed with top-tier potential/talent, this game is really up for grabs. The only thing working against the Browns is the fact they’re still the Browns.Whether it is Tyrod Taylor of Baker Mayfield behind center, the Bolts will have to deal with an offense packing some exceptional firepower. Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, and Corey Coleman make up the starting wide receiver group. Running backs Carlos Hyde and second-round pick Nick Chubb will bring the thunder on the ground while Duke Johnson can make plays at any position on the field.The defense is highlighted by an athletic front-seven that includes 2017 top overall draft pick Myles Garrett, defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi, and defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah. The linebacker group packs a ton of versatility with Christian Kirksey, Jamie Collins, Joe Schobert, and Mychal Kendricks all fighting for the three starting spots.The secondary got some juice after the Browns selected cornerback Denzel Ward with the fourth-overall selection in this year’s draft. He will start opposite EJ Gaines while Jabrill Peppers and Damarious Randall will patrol the deep part of the field.This game will depend on what Chargers team shows up. The Browns will have home-field advantage and Cheap Philip Rivers Jersey , depending how they start the season, could be riding a ton of momentum going into this game. I am severely torn on the outcome of this game, but to continue the optimistic vibes surrounding the team, I believe the Bolts will pull out another narrow victory. However, this one could go either way and I want to acknowledge that this isn’t the same Browns team that we have come to expect in recent years.2018 Record: 5-110/21 Week 7 Vs. Tennessee Titans (UK)The Titans and Chargers were both hot teams this time last year as potential breakout teams that could make it far into the playoffs. The Chargers barely missed the playoffs while the Titans squeaked in and put together an amazing come-from-behind victory to upset the Chiefs in the opening round.Gone is Demarco Murray. Former-patriot Dion Lewis is now the backfield mate to Derrick Henry and the Titans run-game is still as intimidating as ever. Quarterback Marcus Mariota may have come have come on strong towards the end of the season but his 2018 campaign was a major letdown when compared to the lofty expectations he was given prior to the season. The receiver group is a healthy mixture of experience and young talent with Rishard Matthews, Corey Davis, Taywan Taylor, and Tajee Sharpe. Tight end Delanie Walker just signed an extension with the team and will likely continue to be one of the most consistent players at his position.The defense picked up some real talent in the recent draft with linebacker Rashaan Evans and EDGE rusher Harold Landry. They join an underrated defense that possesses several Pro Bowl players already in safety Kevin Byard and defensive tackle Jurell Casey, as well as recently-acquired cornerback Malcolm Butler. This unit can give any team their fair share of fits throughout a game and I believe they’ll also be the X-factor for this game.Both offenses have plenty of firepower. The Chargers will have the advantage through the air but I have to give the Titans the edge in the ground game. If the Bolts don’t reinforce the run defense, they could be in for a frustrating game.Their match-up during the 2016 season was a blast to watch as both teams lit up the scoreboard. The Chargers almost dropped the game in the final minutes but held on to a tight victory. For the 2018 edition, I predict a similar outcome. With both teams playing at a neutral site, I see Rivers and Co. continuing their hot-streak to start the season.2018 Record: 6-111/4 Week 9 @ Seattle SeahawksThe Seattle Seahawks are always a tough match-up, regardless if this isn’t the same team that found itself in two super bowls during a three-year span. As long as they have Russell Wilson, they have a shot at winning games. Wilson will likely be joined in the backfield by Rashaad Penny, the team’s recent first-round selection. Head Coach Pete Caroll has made it know he wants to get back to establishing the run and Penny is a big part of those plans. I don’t know how well that will all go as Seattle possesses one of the weakest offensive line groups in the entire NFL. If you watched any of their games from 2017, you likely saw Wilson running for his life on every play. The Hawks may have added a few pieces to correct this issue but not enough to stop the dynamic EDGE duo of the Chargers.On the other end Cheap Keenan Allen Jersey , the Legion of Boom is gone, but linebacker Bobby Wagner still holds down the middle of the defense. One of the best at his position, he will continue to make everyone around him better. Earl Thomas is still with the team, for now. He is currently demanding an extension from the team and, if he doesn’t get it, he wants to be traded as soon as possible. If I had to place my money somewhere, he won’t be there by the time this game takes place.Wilson will make some plays, including a few of his signature “how did he do that”-type stuff, Baldwin will catch a number of passes and possibly score, but the Seahawks will simply be unable to stop the Chargers and their plethora of playmakers on either side of the ball. Lord have mercy on Wilson as he tries to run away from Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa while simultaneously attempting to complete a pass around Hayward, Williams, and King.2018 Record: 7-1

Share: