y, only to be denied by a desperate Blake Green tackle, Fifita was roundly considered to be the standout.When they read my name out I felt like cry | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Nov 19 '18
TORONTO -- Connor Brown is having fun playing for his hometown Toronto Maple Leafs. Authentic Nike NBA Gear .On Thursday night, the 22-year-old rookie came through with the best game of his career in from of the home fans.Brown had two goals and two assists for a career-high four points to lead the Maple Leafs to a 6-1 victory over the Florida Panthers for their seventh win in nine home games.It really is a dream come true playing in your home city, Brown said. I was a Toronto Maple Leaf fan my whole life. Its a pretty awesome experience.Mitch Marner had another impressive goal, and Leo Komarov, James van Riemsdyk and Jake Gardiner also scored for the Maple Leafs. Nazem Kadri had two assists and Frederik Andersen stopped 27 shots.All but one of Torontos eight wins this season have come at home.I think every time you step on home ice you still cant believe it, said Marner, who grew up in nearby Thornhill, Ontario. A hundred years of this team and luckily enough were part of that now.The win spoiled Florida goalie James Reimers first start in Toronto since leaving the Maple Leafs in the offseason. Reimer finished with 24 saves an d Aaron Ekblad scored the lone goal for the Panthers.The Maple Leafs got to their former goalie quickly, scoring three times in the first period -- including two by Brown.Brown deflected Morgan Riellys point shot past a surprised Reimer nearly six minutes in. The goal was initially ruled off for a high stick, but was later overturned on video review.After Ekblad evened the score at 1-1 with only his fourth point of the season -- all goals -- Brown scored again. This time, he eluded a check along the boards by Ekblad, continued a hard drive down the right side of the ice and then flung a shot on goal as he avoided a diving Jason Demers.Brown crashed into the boards and popped up with a visor full of snow after the shot beat Reimer, who was taken aback by the goal once more.Signed to a five-year, $17 million deal in the summer, Reimer is 2-3-1 record in his first seven games with Florida.Marner padded the lead to two as he gained control of the puck just inside the Florida blue line, took a step on defenseman Michael Matheson and then made a series of dekes to beat Reimer.He was still fighting off the advances of Matheson prior to scoring, waiting until the last possible moment to slide the puck from backhand to forehand, tucking it just around the left pad of the goalie.I was really committed on going to the backhand, Marner said. Last second, I kind of just wanted to try and make a move and see what happens.Marner now has six goals and 10 points in his last seven games, trailing only Winnipeg winger Patrik Laine in rookie scoring (16 points).Brown added his third point when he lofted a pass to Komarov on a Toronto rush, the Finnish winger flipping a shot past Reimer for the 4-1 lead. He notched his fourth point on Gardiners third of the year late in the third.The line of Brown, Komarov and Kadri not only managed to score a bunch but shut down the Panthers top unit, which features Aleksander Barkov and 44-year-old Jaromir Jagr.We can play him against real good players, which is positive, Leafs coach Mike Babcock said of Brown, who was playing in only his 24th game.Van Riemsdyk, coming off his first hat trick as a Leaf on Tuesday, got the Leafs fifth goal late in the second. He picked off a flubbed pass by Dylan McIlrath in the Florida zone and beat Reimer.Game notesVan Riemsdyk has a team-leading eight goals and 17 points. ... Toronto rookie sensation Auston Matthews remained without a goal for the 11th consecutive game. The 19-year-old has only two assists in that span. ... Browns previous career high of three points also came against Florida late last season. ...UP NEXTPanthers: At Ottawa on Saturday night.Maple Leafs: At Montreal on Saturday night. Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. Discount Nike NBA Jerseys . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. http://www.cheapnbajerseyssigned.com/ . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period.Even Luke Lewis admits he was lucky to walk off ANZ Stadium with the Clive Churchill Medal around his neck on Sunday.The veteran back-rower was a controversial selection for best on ground in Cronullas 14-12 drought-breaking NRL grand final win over Melbourne, beating out match-winner Andrew Fifita.Fifita turned in a game-changing performance - running for a mammoth 191 metres, making 11 tackle busts and 30 tackles.Thats as well as scoring the match-winning try in the 69th minute in which he carried five defenders over the line.While Lewis was dynamic and proved a constant threat on the right edge, ran for 140 metres, made 26 tackles in an 80-minute effort and went within inches of scoring at try, only to be denied by a desperate Blake Green tackle, Fifita was roundly considered to be the standout.When they read my name out I felt like crying, Lewis said.I pinched myself and thought Is this really happening? The first thing I thought about is Im the person lucky enough to go up and get this medal.The 17 guys should be walking up there wwith me. Nike NBA Jerseys Autographed. I know you cant do that but if it werent for them, I wouldnt be here.Lewis was arguably the most controversial Clive Churchill selection since Daly Cherry-Evans, who was awarded the prized medal in a losing side in the 2013 decider.The grand final win provided Lewis with his second premiership ring, after he also helped the Panthers to the 2003 title as a spiky-haired 20-year-old winger.After being a part of breaking Cronullas 50-year premiership drought, coach Shane Flanagan lauded Lewis as one of the key pieces of their title-winning puzzle.Flanagan said the decision to lure Lewis from Penrith four years ago helped turn around the culture of the club.I had a philosophy when I started coaching, the only rep player we had was Gal, Flanagan said.He was making 200 metres every week and we needed to change that.I needed to get some rep players in the club and Luke Lewis was one guy I wanted. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '
Share: