catcher. Musial, who died on Jan. 19 at age 92, was honoured with a video tribute following the first inning. "Stan was my buddy," Pujols said. "I wish I w | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Nov 16 '18
Jessica Ennis-Hill has admitted the fear of signing off on a low was behind her decision to retire last week. Air Max Discount .The 30-year-old heptathlete announced she was bowing out having claimed silver at this summers Rio Olympics, four years after winning gold at her home Games in London, and two years on from the birth of her first child, Reggie.She had the chance to say farewell to the British public at a parade in Manchester on Monday as an estimated 200,000 battled the elements to witness 350 of the athletes who had spearheaded Team GB and Paralympics GBs medal-laden summer in Brazil.And Ennis-Hill confirmed that she had been dissuaded from carrying on for next years World Championships, which will be staged at the venue of her career highlight in London, because she did not want to potentially end her career in disappointing fashion.My body cant cope with the volume of training that it used to, she told BBC Sport. It was that fear of, Do I push on that one more year and potentially get injured and come away disappointed?Doing the heptathlon, youve got to be 100 percent motivated. You have to want to do the training or youre not going to get anywhere with it.The past couple of years, Ive struggled with injuries and Achilles problems. Id have sessions that would go really well but then Id be injured for a few days later.Do I say, Im in a really nice position here, Ive achieved what I wanted to achieve and more and do I walk away feeling really happy and satisfied? Thats what I wanted to do.While she is walking away from elite-level competition, Ennis-Hills future will remain in sport as she sees herself offering guidance in that field rather than following the well-trodden path into the media.I need to think about what I really want to do, something that I enjoy and that Im passionate about moving forward, she added. I think Ill definitely stay involved in sport in some way.I love getting people into sport, helping people get active and healthy, thats something I enjoy and Im passionate about.TV presenting? Im not sure if thats for me but Im going to take this time to enjoy this moment and reflect, really. Discount Air Max Shoes . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. Cheap Air Max Shoes Online . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. http://www.cheapairmaxdiscount.com/ . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Albert Pujols circled this date on his calendar when the schedule came out last winter. His first game against the St. Louis Cardinals was certainly a success from a team standpoint, if not a personal one. Jered Weaver earned his second win of an injury-plagued season with help from a five-run second inning, and the Los Angeles Angels extended their winning streak to seven games Tuesday night with a 5-1 victory over St. Louis in the Cardinals first game at Angel Stadium. St. Louis was the only National League club that had never played at the "Big A," having hosted the three previous interleague series between the teams in 2002, 2007 and 2010. Pujols, a three-time NL MVP, spent his first 11 seasons with the Cardinals before signing a $240 million, 10-year contract with the Angels in December 2011. Facing his former club for the first time, he went 0 for 3 with two strikeouts and a walk as the designated hitter while Mark Trumbo started at first base. "It was a little weird. But I was fine, guys. I swear. Im being honest," Pujols said. "I mean, it would have been a little different if it was in St. Louis. I mean, you cant forget the special times you had with those guys during those 11 years there. Thats something nobody can take away -- the success I had there and how those fans and everybody in the community treated me. Every time I get an opportunity to watch them, I root for them because I still have a lot of good friends there, and I still stay in touch with a lot of those guys. But these are three days that I wont be able to root for them." The first time Pujols came up, he tapped catcher Yadier Molinas shin guard with his bat and Molina tapped Pujols on the back of the helmet with his glove -- a subtle but meaningful display of affection and respect between two All-Stars who were teammates for nine seasons and won two World Series rings together. Pujols then struck out, and Molina threw out J.B. Shuck at second for an inning-ending double play. "It was cool to see him. Hes friends with a lot of us, and Im sure he was excited to see us, just like we were to see him," Cardinals third baseman David Freese said. "But I think Albert goes about every game the same way -- whether its day one of the preseason or day one of the post-season. And thats a huge reason why hes so successful." Weaver (2-4) allowed a run, six hits and no walks over seven innings. The All-Star right-hander struck out five in his ninth start of the year, working with runners on base in every inning but the seventh. "Thats what he does," Freese said. "Hes obviously not throwing as hard as he used to, but hes a gamer and he always has been. He made his pitches against a good offence. When guys get on, you have to shut the door. And he did." Weaver, who became a 20-game winner for the first time last year before a broken bone in his non-pitching arm sidelined him for more than six weeks this season, ended a streak of five winless starts that began after his 3-1 victory against the Dodgers on May 29 -- his first game back from the injury. "Coming back was kind of like spring training for me all over again, as far as building the pitch count and getting the arm strength back," said the eight-year veteran, whose 104th big league victory tied his brother Jeffs total. "I think the balls coming out a lot better than it had been, and thats just a sign of the arm strength coming back and getting over that hump finally of 100 pitches, which was nice. Discount Air Max Shoes Wholesale. I feel strong again, and hopefully I can maintain this through the rest of the season." The Cardinals loaded the bases in the eighth against Kevin Jepsen. Scott Downs came in and struck out rookie Matt Adams before finishing a spectacular 3-6-1 double play, after Trumbo made a slick play in the hole on a hard-hit grounder by Freese. "Marks made some really good plays for us," manager Mike Scioscia said. "But the situation being what it was, I mean, the ball was a rocket to his backhand. And to be able to turn a double play on that was impressive." Lance Lynn (10-3) gave up five runs and nine hits in six innings, striking out eight. The 26-year-old right-hander, coming off a 4-3 loss last Wednesday at Houston, has dropped back-to-back outings for the first time in 1 1/2 big league seasons spanning 48 starts. Cardinals left fielder Matt Holliday was a late scratch because of tightness in his neck, hampering a lineup that had averaged a league-best 7.04 runs of support for Lynn in his other 16 starts this season. Molina was 2 for 4, raising his NL-leading average to .347. "It was good to see Yaddy and good to see him having the year that hes having," Pujols said. "I would love for him to win the batting title. Hes like my little brother, and Id do anything for him. I dont think Ive ever seen anybody prepare himself for a game like he does." The Angels sent 10 batters to the plate in the second. Lynn gave up singles to six of his first seven hitters, including run-scoring hits by Trumbo, Alberto Callaspo, Erick Aybar and Shuck. Aybar scored when second baseman Matt Carpenter misplayed Mike Trouts grounder up the middle for an error with a chance to force Shuck. Lynn ended the inning by striking out Pujols and Josh Hamilton. The Cardinals got on the board in the fourth. Allen Craig reached on an infield single, was held up at third on a double by Adams and scored on a groundout by Freese. NOTES: A ceremonial first pitch was thrown by Stan Musials grandson, Brian Schwarze, with Pujols as his catcher. Musial, who died on Jan. 19 at age 92, was honoured with a video tribute following the first inning. "Stan was my buddy," Pujols said. "I wish I would have had more opportunities to talk to him. When he walked into the clubhouse, it was like a light that was so bright. It was amazing. Everybody would stop what they were doing." ... Shortly after Pujols joined the Angels, he took offence to promotional billboards put up throughout Southern California that heralded him as "El Hombre" -- or "The Man." Pujols requested they be taken down, saying that only Musial -- whose moniker was "Stan The Man" -- should ever be referred to in that manner. ... The Angels wore circular patches with Musials name and No. 6 on the front of their jerseys, which they will do throughout this series. The idea for the unique tribute came during spring training. "Its out of the respect that everyone in baseball has for Stan Musial and his legacy, and obviously the connection with Albert," Scioscia said. "We wanted to honour a great person and a great ballplayer in a very classy way, and were proud to wear them." Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: